NATION

PASSWORD

Reppy's Sig Workshop - A guide to building forum sigs

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Communist Beijing Must be China
Envoy

Founded: May 16, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Communist Beijing Must be China » Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:41 pm

My sig's fine since I spoilered everything?
puppet of Tranquilizer-O7

current speaker of Vibonia, former vice president of Vibonia, sr rper
FOCUS w
roblox speedrunner, i mainly sift on discord now

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:56 am

Communist Beijing Must be China wrote:My sig's fine since I spoilered everything?

Yeah, it's fine. I removed one unnecessary blank line to make it all even, but it's otherwise fine.

Folks, you don't need to ask "Is mine legal?" when it is patently obvious that it's less than 8 lines. The spoiler itself counts as 2-3 lines depending on use, but the content under the spoiler doesn't count towards the length limit.

Envoy

Postby Communist Beijing Must be China » Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:42 am

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Communist Beijing Must be China wrote:My sig's fine since I spoilered everything?

Yeah, it's fine. I removed one unnecessary blank line to make it all even, but it's otherwise fine.

Folks, you don't need to ask "Is mine legal?" when it is patently obvious that it's less than 8 lines. The spoiler itself counts as 2-3 lines depending on use, but the content under the spoiler doesn't count towards the length limit.

Thanks for the clarification. Thanks.

FOCUS w

Orlesian States
Envoy

Founded: Jun 09, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Orlesian States » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:17 pm

If I were to add one more line, and then spoiler it, would I be under the limit, or over?
The Commonwealth of Orlesian States
"Orlesia Orates; The World Listens."
"Through the remnants of a shattered Empire, and the Emperor overthrown, the Commonwealth will rise."
Latest Reports from Ministry of Information - The Commonwealth is "Coming back from a break." -Says Francois S. D'Chautee; In battling Caligula's Legion, The Commonwealth is sending additional supplies and aid to the NSAR; Orlesian Embassy construction temporarily halted; OSIF has reported a known 'black hole' within the borders of the known system;

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:54 am

Orlesian States wrote:If I were to add one more line, and then spoiler it, would I be under the limit, or over?

Over. You're currently at 7 lines. Depending on where you put it, any spoiler would add 2-3 lines. Spoilers are for hiding multiple rows of text, not one liners.

Orlesian States
Envoy

Founded: Jun 09, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Orlesian States » Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:26 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Orlesian States wrote:If I were to add one more line, and then spoiler it, would I be under the limit, or over?

Over. You're currently at 7 lines. Depending on where you put it, any spoiler would add 2-3 lines. Spoilers are for hiding multiple rows of text, not one liners.

Ah, okay, thank you very much for telling me!
The Commonwealth of Orlesian States
"Orlesia Orates; The World Listens."
"Through the remnants of a shattered Empire, and the Emperor overthrown, the Commonwealth will rise."
Latest Reports from Ministry of Information - The Commonwealth is "Coming back from a break." -Says Francois S. D'Chautee; In battling Caligula's Legion, The Commonwealth is sending additional supplies and aid to the NSAR; Orlesian Embassy construction temporarily halted; OSIF has reported a known 'black hole' within the borders of the known system;

The Orwell Society
Minister

Founded: Apr 16, 2022
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Orwell Society » Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:04 pm

I need help. I can't seem to get the two spoilers parallel to each other while on the second line of the sig, vertically centered. Can someone please help? And, you know, all the other messed up code on my current sig.
Last edited by The Orwell Society on Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Orwell Society
Straight Male | Political Alignment: Centrist leaning conservative | NSGP Alignment: Independent | Proud Wellspringer, join The Wellspring today!

A vision without action is just a daydream

Dexterra
Minister

Founded: May 05, 2021
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dexterra » Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:07 pm

The Orwell Society wrote:I need help. I can't seem to get the two spoilers parallel to each other while on the second line of the sig, vertically centered. Can someone please help? And, you know, all the other messed up code on my current sig.

May we/I see your code?
Last edited by Dexterra on Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dexterra
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dexterra » Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:26 pm

Dexterra wrote:
The Orwell Society wrote:I need help. I can't seem to get the two spoilers parallel to each other while on the second line of the sig, vertically centered. Can someone please help? And, you know, all the other messed up code on my current sig.

May we/I see your code?

No worries, just wanted to let you know I think I managed to manually create what you're looking for:

Code: Select all
[align=center][box][b]WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH[/b][/box][spoiler=Stuff]•  Minister of Foreign Affairs of [region]Sildoria[/region]
•  Aspiring WA author
•  Nerdy nerd[/spoiler][spoiler=More stuff]•  Ideology is either radical centrist or authoritarian social democrat. Which one, I may never know.
•  Semi-experienced at both gameplay and roleplay.
•  Nerdy nerd[/spoiler][/align]

Also, I know you said you were looking for vertical centering, but I created another option that is horizontal if you like it any more:

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH[/b][/box][/align][floatright][spoiler=More stuff]•  Ideology is either radical centrist or authoritarian social democrat. Which one, I may never know.
•  Nerdy nerd[/spoiler][/floatright][floatleft][spoiler=Stuff]•  Minister of Foreign Affairs of [region]Sildoria[/region]
•  Aspiring WA author
•  Nerdy nerd[/spoiler][/floatleft]

On a last note, I'd advise you to update your sig before posting anywhere else, because it appears your current code is making the boards a tad crosseyed. Thanks!

(final edit: if either set of code can be further fixed in any way, I hope Fris or other staff chimes in. But let me/us know if you need any additional help though!)
Last edited by Dexterra on Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:13 am, edited 12 times in total.

The Orwell Society
Minister

Founded: Apr 16, 2022
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Orwell Society » Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:06 pm

Dexterra wrote:
Dexterra wrote:May we/I see your code?

No worries, just wanted to let you know I think I managed to manually create what you're looking for:

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH[/b][/box][spoiler=Stuff]
•  Minister of Foreign Affairs of [url=https://www.nationstates.net/region=sildoria]Sildoria[/url]
•  Aspiring WA author
•  Nerdy nerd[/spoiler][spoiler=More stuff]
•  Ideology is either radical centrist or authoritarian social democrat. Which one, I may never know.
•  Nerdy nerd[/spoiler][/align]

Also, I know you said you were looking for vertical centering, but I created another option that is horizontal if you like it any more:

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH[/b][/box][/align]
[floatright][spoiler=More stuff]
•  Ideology is either radical centrist or authoritarian social democrat. Which one, I may never know.
•  Nerdy nerd[/spoiler][/floatright][floatleft][spoiler=Stuff]
•  Minister of Foreign Affairs of [url=https://www.nationstates.net/region=sildoria]Sildoria[/url]
•  Aspiring WA author
•  Nerdy nerd[/spoiler][/floatleft]

On a last note, I'd advise you to update your sig before posting anywhere else, because it appears your current code is making the boards a tad crosseyed. Thanks!

Thank you so much! I can't copy and paste right now (I'm on a kindle), so I'm just going to delete my current sig and implement the new one tomorrow!
The Orwell Society
Straight Male | Political Alignment: Centrist leaning conservative | NSGP Alignment: Independent | Proud Wellspringer, join The Wellspring today!

A vision without action is just a daydream

Dexterra
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dexterra » Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:23 pm

The Orwell Society wrote:Thank you so much! I can't copy and paste right now (I'm on a kindle), so I'm just going to delete my current sig and implement the new one tomorrow!

Sure thing, be aware though that I did tighten up both sets of code to make them as short as possible, so remember to fetch the updated code whenever you go to change your sig (unless staff take care of it beforehand)
Last edited by Dexterra on Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Envoy

Postby Communist Beijing Must be China » Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:42 pm

my two spoilers aren't lining up properly can anyone help? thx

[align=center][color=#FF00BF][b][i]Cryopathia
Most know me in F7. Observer state of KTO. Has a butt ton of alts.[/i][/b][/align]
[spoiler=Nations][nation]Communist Beijing Must be China[/nation]
[nation]A News Outlet[/nation]
[nation]The News Outlet[/nation]
[nation]0 News Outlet[/nation]
[nation]Peartiks but not him too[/nation]
[nation]Metal Alchemia[/nation]
[nation]I Fear not the Consequences of Death and[/nation]
[nation]New Communist Beijing[/nation]
[nation]CBMC UGU representative[/nation]
[nation]CSharpa[/nation]
[nation]Aerilian Ripoff[/nation]
[nation]CBMC TUP Representative[/nation]
[nation]The Basketcased Economy[/nation]
[nation]When your nation in OOC is too OP[/nation]
[nation]The Southern Rebellion[/nation]
[nation]Kartogiacarta[/nation]
[nation]Nooooo[/nation]
[nation]Yesssssssssssssssssssss[/nation]
[nation]CBMC EUAS Rep[/nation]
[nation]CBMC WHO Representqtive[/nation][/spoiler][/color][floatright][spoiler=OOC Details]I use NS Stats for specific stats, such as HDI.[/spoiler][/floatright]

FOCUS w

Dexterra
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dexterra » Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:06 am

Communist Beijing Must be China wrote:my two spoilers aren't lining up properly can anyone help? thx

I believe this does the trick:
[align=center][color=#FF00BF][b][i]Cryopathia
Most know me in F7. Observer state of KTO. Has a butt ton of alts.[/i][/b][/color][/align]
[floatright][spoiler=OOC Details]I use NS Stats for specific stats, such as HDI.[/spoiler][/floatright][floatleft][spoiler=Nations][nation]Communist Beijing Must be China[/nation]
[nation]A News Outlet[/nation]
[nation]The News Outlet[/nation]
[nation]0 News Outlet[/nation]
[nation]Peartiks but not him too[/nation]
[nation]Metal Alchemia[/nation]
[nation]I Fear not the Consequences of Death and[/nation]
[nation]New Communist Beijing[/nation]
[nation]CBMC UGU representative[/nation]
[nation]CSharpa[/nation]
[nation]Aerilian Ripoff[/nation]
[nation]CBMC TUP Representative[/nation]
[nation]The Basketcased Economy[/nation]
[nation]When your nation in OOC is too OP[/nation]
[nation]The Southern Rebellion[/nation]
[nation]Kartogiacarta[/nation]
[nation]Nooooo[/nation]
[nation]Yesssssssssssssssssssss[/nation]
[nation]CBMC EUAS Rep[/nation]
[nation]CBMC WHO Representqtive[/nation][/spoiler][/floatleft]
Last edited by Dexterra on Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:19 am

Dexterra wrote:I believe this does the trick:

That works, but I've edited it directly to make it cleaner. The key is the sequence of tags. For some reason, you need the [floatright] section first, then the [floatleft], then the [align=center]. They all need to be on the same line without line breaks/enter/returns.

Envoy

Postby Communist Beijing Must be China » Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:00 am

Frisbeeteria wrote:

That works, but I've edited it directly to make it cleaner. The key is the sequence of tags. For some reason, you need the [floatright] section first, then the [floatleft], then the [align=center]. They all need to be on the same line without line breaks/enter/returns.

K, thanks Sedge!

FOCUS w

Dexterra
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dexterra » Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:48 am

Frisbeeteria wrote:

Right on, I was trying to keep it as close to their original design as I could, but I will remember this going forwards - thanks!

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:04 am

Communist Beijing Must be China wrote:K, thanks Sedge!

We are not the same person. Mods are unique individuals, not interchangeable parts. The label on the bottom of my left foot reads "A Carroll Shelby Design". Sedge's label is by Sir Henry Royce.

Vavlar
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 11, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Vavlar » Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:32 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:

We are not the same person. Mods are unique individuals, not interchangeable parts. The label on the bottom of my left foot reads "A Carroll Shelby Design". Sedge's label is by Sir Henry Royce.

Quite a quotable quote. Now, how about I quote it on my sig and since I'm on F7 alot you will be able to be even more famous in exchange for some legendaries ;)

Anyone here know how to get the motivation to make a signature?

Envoy

Postby Communist Beijing Must be China » Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:01 am

Frisbeeteria wrote:

Ah shoot, thought you were Sedge. I apologize.

FOCUS w

Panagouge
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 03, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Panagouge » Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:12 am

Vavlar wrote:
Frisbeeteria wrote:We are not the same person. Mods are unique individuals, not interchangeable parts. The label on the bottom of my left foot reads "A Carroll Shelby Design". Sedge's label is by Sir Henry Royce.

Quite a quotable quote. Now, how about I quote it on my sig and since I'm on F7 alot you will be able to be even more famous in exchange for some legendaries ;)

Anyone here know how to get the motivation to make a signature?

The key to getting motivation is to just make something up and stick with it/improve it over time. I made mine up on the fly some time ago.
I exist, and so do you.

Bewaffnete Krafte
Minister

Founded: Jun 14, 2020
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bewaffnete Krafte » Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:14 pm

My sig was warned for being too long, Is this updated version sufficiently short?
The Federal Republic of Germany"Gott Mit Uns"Established 7/30/1947
A Grand and Free Germany, with Fair and Democratic elections, United in their chant for Prosperity. After the world war, large-scale education campaigns made the modern germany one of the most politically stable, anti-Fascist nations in the world.
|President: Gottfried Schaffer (DPB)|Prime Minister: Monika Wißler (SDP)|Map

Friday, November 19th, 2021 | 8:16 PM CET
WächterNEWS|Populist Right Wing Eine Deutschland Partei, 4th in Bundestag, makes official statement towards the acquirement of the Rhineland.
The Federal Republic of Germany"Gott Mit Uns"Established 7/30/1947
A Grand and Free Germany, with Fair and Democratic elections, United in their chant for Prosperity. After the world war, large-scale education campaigns made the modern germany one of the most politically stable, anti-Fascist nations in the world.
|President: Gottfried Schaffer (DPB)|Prime Minister: Monika Wißler (SDP)|
Map
 WächterNEWS|Populist Right Wing Eine Deutschland Partei, 4th in Bundestag, makes official statement towards the acquirement of the Rhineland. Friday, November 19th, 2021 8:16 PM CET

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:34 pm

The top and bottom lines of those boxes count as one line. You would either be right at 8 lines, or one over at 9. I'd have to double check on my laptop when I get home.
Last edited by Shazbotdom on Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR (114) 0 - 0 WSH (91) | COL (105) 0 - 0 WPG (110) | VGK (96) 0 - 0 DAL (113)
NBA: Pelicans (6) 49-33 || NCAA MBB: Tulane 20-16 | LSU 22-15 || NCAA WSB: LSU 33-8

Dexterra
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dexterra » Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:36 pm

Bewaffnete Krafte wrote:My sig was warned for being too long, Is this updated version sufficiently short?

So far as I know, [box] tags count as at least 2 lines (for the top and bottom of the box, plus however many are inside the box), [hr] tags are 1 line and [pre] are at least 3 lines (for the top, the interior and the scroll bar).

Hope this helps at all, but I believe the shortest possible version of what you envision is probably without the box or hr tags:

[align=center][color=#ffb800][b]The Federal Republic of Germany[/b][/color]|[color=#e81c00][b]"Gott Mit Uns"[/b][/color]|[color=#000000][b]Established 7/30/1947[/b][/color][/align][align=center]A Grand and Free Germany, with Fair and Democratic elections, United in their chant for Prosperity. After the world war, large-scale education campaigns made the modern germany one of the most politically stable, anti-Fascist nations in the world.[/align][align=center]|President: Gottfried Schaffer (DPB)|Prime Minister: Monika Wißler (SDP)|[url=https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1623010]Map[/url]|[/align][align=center][b]Friday, November 19th, 2021 | 8:16 PM CET[/b][/align][pre][b][color=#e81c00]Wächter[/color][/b]|[b][i]NEWS[/i]✉[/b]|Populist Right Wing Eine Deutschland Partei, 4th in Bundestag, makes official statement towards the acquirement of the Rhineland.[/pre]

Edited to provide links and clarifying info - Frisbeeteria et al. staff, please let me/us know if this information needs to be updated at all, thank you
Last edited by Dexterra on Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation