NATION

PASSWORD

Overcoming banjection in a Liberated Region (Republicans)

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
TheThanksgiving Turkey
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 27, 2009
Capitalist Paradise

Overcoming banjection in a Liberated Region (Republicans)

Postby TheThanksgiving Turkey » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:37 pm

I am finding myself at a loss that first The Black Hawks then a supposedly independent region The Phantom Knights could banject natives like myself from Republicans -- A region with a liberation resolution that lists my nation as one of the natives griefed by another set of raiders The Greater German Reich

Its current delegate of this writing -- Hurly Burly Land posted the following on the Republicans RMB:

-------------------------------

5 hours ago The Banhammer Republic of Hurly Burly Land

People are free to speak their minds concerning treatment of certain nations. Not that talk will help much, though.
@Okra Gumbo: if people really want to come here and repeat your message, it's nothing much I can do but sending them packing to Kandyland.

-------------------------------

When I returned with other nations to first protest to the original raiders The Black Hawks -- I was told they were no longer leading the raid. I was encouraged by both raiders to lodge complaints to The Phantom Knights -- only to now be threatened (by Hurly Burly Land -- not a moderator that I know of) with puppet flooding.

Appraising myself of the rules, I have stopped the action after creating two puppets and they were each ejected. I had misunderstood that by self-identifying with my originally-banned native nation from the region. I realize that this whole thing has gone too far -- so I am refraining from posting on their regional message boards. However the original action of The Black Hawks and The Phantom Knights to subvert a Security Council liberation resolution remains an issue -- as their apparent attempt at refounding the region in order to remove the liberation designation.

NS Moderation can verify my record of gameplay since 2003. Now however in fighting back against my griefing in Republicans I am becoming like them. The actions of The Black Hawks in particular to subvert the spirit of Security Council liberation resolutions as well as the condemnation/commendation resolutions has left me however unsettled that the stated rules are being warped to encourage a behavior (griefing) which to my view NS has strived to discourage.

I await your (and anyone's) responses.

TheThanksgiving Turkey
Last edited by TheThanksgiving Turkey on Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:44 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Mahaj WA Seat
Minister

Founded: Nov 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj WA Seat » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:56 pm

Since I do some GamePlaying...i'm going to respond to this.

I don't honestly understand what you're asking here. If you believe that TBH are subverting a SC resolution...they're not. Other regions that have been liberated by the SC have been refounded. So its not like it can't happen.

If you're upset about being threatened with puppet flooding...if it was only two puppets, that doesn't strike me as flooding, but i'm not really going to comment on that.

If you feel that you are being griefed...what you wrote says otherwise. You can be ejected/banjected no matter WHO you are if the delegate/founder has enough influence to do this (AN ASIDE NOTE: I plan on writing a SC resolution on something about this. Be on the lookout. :P). So even if you are a native...under the current rules, its simply too bad. For you. But its all legal.

Mahaj
Member of The South and Osiris
Representing Mahaj in the World Assembly.
The Mahaj Factbook.

Author of Missing Minors Act (Repealed) and In Regards to Cloning
Mike the Progressive wrote:
Brogavia wrote:Fuck bitches, get money.
You shall be my god.

Georgism wrote:Fuck off you cunt, I'm always nice.

NERVUN wrote:Yog zap!

Cool Egg Sandwich wrote:I am the Urinater..... I'll be back.

Jedi Utopians wrote:5) Now, saying that a nation couldn't be part of OPEC would be bold. AIPEC sounds like something you'd want to get checked out by a physician for.

TheThanksgiving Turkey
Lobbyist

Capitalist Paradise

Postby TheThanksgiving Turkey » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:05 pm

Mahaj WA Seat wrote:Since I do some GamePlaying...i'm going to respond to this.

I don't honestly understand what you're asking here. If you believe that TBH are subverting a SC resolution...they're not. Other regions that have been liberated by the SC have been refounded. So its not like it can't happen.

If you're upset about being threatened with puppet flooding...if it was only two puppets, that doesn't strike me as flooding, but i'm not really going to comment on that.

If you feel that you are being griefed...what you wrote says otherwise. You can be ejected/banjected no matter WHO you are if the delegate/founder has enough influence to do this (AN ASIDE NOTE: I plan on writing a SC resolution on something about this. Be on the lookout. :P). So even if you are a native...under the current rules, its simply too bad. For you. But its all legal.

Mahaj

Your response (and I hope others) are the reason why I posted this thread. I wasn't really sure what to do, except that my response today on NS belied years of gameplay -- as I felt I was becoming like those I am critical of.

Mahaj WA Seat
Minister

Founded: Nov 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj WA Seat » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:06 pm

TheThanksgiving Turkey wrote:
Mahaj WA Seat wrote:Since I do some GamePlaying...i'm going to respond to this.

Mahaj

Your response (and I hope others) are the reason why I posted this thread. I wasn't really sure what to do, except that my response today on NS belied years of gameplay -- as I felt I was becoming like those I am critical of.

Unfortunately...I do not think that you really can do much.
Member of The South and Osiris
Representing Mahaj in the World Assembly.
The Mahaj Factbook.

Author of Missing Minors Act (Repealed) and In Regards to Cloning
Mike the Progressive wrote:
Brogavia wrote:Fuck bitches, get money.
You shall be my god.

Georgism wrote:Fuck off you cunt, I'm always nice.

NERVUN wrote:Yog zap!

Cool Egg Sandwich wrote:I am the Urinater..... I'll be back.

Jedi Utopians wrote:5) Now, saying that a nation couldn't be part of OPEC would be bold. AIPEC sounds like something you'd want to get checked out by a physician for.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:20 pm

Liberation resolutions prevent delegate-imposed passwords from working - they don't prevent delegates from ejecting & banning nations. If you're asking about the old region-griefing rules, they were abolished with the introduction of influence in 2006.

Unibot II
Senator

Founded: Jan 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:23 pm

Sedgistan wrote:[..] If you're asking about the old region-griefing rules, they were abolished with the introduction of influence in 2006.

Because I think that's what the OP is referring to ---> Here's some possibly helpful reading material.
Vocenae wrote:Unibot, you have won NS.
General Halcones wrote:Look up to Unibot as an example.
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

TheThanksgiving Turkey
Lobbyist

Capitalist Paradise

Postby TheThanksgiving Turkey » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:28 pm

Sedgistan wrote:Liberation resolutions prevent delegate-imposed passwords from working - they don't prevent delegates from ejecting & banning nations. If you're asking about the old region-griefing rules, they were abolished with the introduction of influence in 2006.

Thanks for this clarification. Am I then to understand correctly that if a Liberation resolution-designated region is refounded, that it will still be unable to put a password in place?

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:30 pm

No, because the region will have a founder - who can impose a password. Liberations have no effect on the ability of a founder to password their region.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation