NATION

PASSWORD

[Q] where is everyone?

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
User avatar
Jolthig
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 24558
Founded: Aug 31, 2010
Democratic Socialists

[Q] where is everyone?

Postby Jolthig » Wed Sep 23, 2026 9:21 am

Where are the mods? I noticed in several report threads including a thread i made last night of a sort of lack of response from the moderation team. This is quite unusual. I'm concerned this will encourage bad faith parties to fill the forum.
She/they

Your friendly NSG transfeminine ♡ | TGs are open for questions! | Girlfriend of Grenartia ♡

Transbian | genderqueer | polyamorous | AuDHDer | nonduality | panentheist | secular humanist

User avatar
Velstrania
Minister
 
Posts: 2542
Founded: May 18, 2013
Anarchy

Postby Velstrania » Wed Sep 23, 2026 9:25 am

Does appear at the minute like UC is the only one active. I will assume everyone else is busy creating puppets for a megamodfaction of doom on n-day.

User avatar
Neo Lunatea
Senator
 
Posts: 3936
Founded: Mar 13, 2026
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Neo Lunatea » Wed Sep 23, 2026 9:31 am

Not only that, game side moderation seems to have slowed as well. Idk who handles game side, but lately they've been taking a while DEATing troll nations
Last edited by Neo Lunatea on Wed Sep 23, 2026 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Fahran
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 30835
Founded: Nov 13, 2017
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Fahran » Wed Sep 23, 2026 10:43 am

I cannot speak for the rest of the M/A Team, but, as my signature would suggest, I got married last month and have been adjusting somewhat to married life. Admittedly, that has led to me slacking in other areas of life, but I'm hopeful I can remedy that in short order.
The chocolate industry is rooted in slave labor. You cannot materially oppose slavery while consuming mainstream chocolate brands. Buy ethical chocolate and advocate criminal and civil penalties for companies that exploit enslaved children!

User avatar
Luna Amore
Issues Moderator
 
Posts: 17043
Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Wed Sep 23, 2026 10:56 am

This was brought up backstage just yesterday. Seems we are in a bit of a lull.
"The reason I want you to get better at chess isn't for you, isn't so you're proud of yourself, and your friends are proud of you, and you did something with your life. It's so you can understand better how bad f4 is." - Ben Finegold

User avatar
Geraluden
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 126
Founded: Aug 20, 2026
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Geraluden » Wed Sep 23, 2026 10:59 am

I just figured it's like most other folks who are on here. Sometimes there's just a bit of inactivity.
Been spendin' most our lives livin' in a Scandinavian Liberal Paradise
State-Controlled Media Policy is not canon
oh and by the way my country is pronounced like the word "paladin" but instead of "p" you say "jir" like "giraffe"
TG me about anything ya like, as long as it ain't weird or anything

User avatar
Grand Baslandia
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 140
Founded: Dec 18, 2025
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grand Baslandia » Wed Sep 23, 2026 2:52 pm

I figure it just wanes and becomes more active throughout the year and day.

After all, the mods are humans just like you and me.

So they probably are more active in the summertime(or not, after all; people tend to get social in the warmer months) and are less free as the rest of the years go on.




/notamod.
Does this nation obsess over Bagels? YES.
Does this nation have unfinished Dispatches? Maybe.
He/Him.
Likes goofin around and cracking jokes
Likes RP and writing Lore sometimes.
Hope this is a good Signature...
Haymarket Riot wrote:we don't just give out the piss yellow name

User avatar
Reploid Productions
Director of Moderation
 
Posts: 32379
Founded: Antiquity
Democratic Socialists

Postby Reploid Productions » Wed Sep 23, 2026 7:25 pm

Still doing a lot gameside, but started a new job this month and settling into that's annoyingly eaten into my energy reserves. :oops:
‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎     ‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎     ‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎     ‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎          
     ‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎     ‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎     ‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎     
She/Her
Forum mod since May 8, 2003 -- Game mod since May 19, 2003 -- Nation turned 20 on March 23, 2023!
Sunset's DoGA FAQ - For those using DoGA to make their NS military and such.
One Stop Rules Shop -- Reppy's Sig Workshop -- Getting Help Page
[violet] wrote:Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.
Char Aznable/Giant Meteor 2026! - Forcing humanity to move into space and progress whether we goddamn want to or not!

User avatar
Neu Arbuckle
Diplomat
 
Posts: 530
Founded: Feb 21, 2026
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Neu Arbuckle » Wed Sep 23, 2026 7:27 pm

Sounds like you guys need another moderator. I of course, would be willing to accept if someone put me up for it
▮☩▮☩▮☩▮☩▮
☩▮☩▮V▮☩▮☩

▮☩▮☩▮☩▮☩▮
FIFTH EMPIRE
FORUM PATROL

L U S I T A N I A
FOR
S O V E R E I G N T Y
The only WASec Candidate
the system truly fears!

User avatar
Jolthig
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 24558
Founded: Aug 31, 2010
Democratic Socialists

Postby Jolthig » Wed Sep 23, 2026 7:31 pm

Neu Arbuckle wrote:Sounds like you guys need another moderator. I of course, would be willing to accept if someone put me up for it

I am willing to volunteer as well.
She/they

Your friendly NSG transfeminine ♡ | TGs are open for questions! | Girlfriend of Grenartia ♡

Transbian | genderqueer | polyamorous | AuDHDer | nonduality | panentheist | secular humanist

User avatar
TRUMP ALMIGHTY
Minister
 
Posts: 2805
Founded: Dec 07, 2022
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby TRUMP ALMIGHTY » Wed Sep 23, 2026 9:09 pm

Jolthig wrote:
Neu Arbuckle wrote:Sounds like you guys need another moderator. I of course, would be willing to accept if someone put me up for it

I am willing to volunteer as well.


Same here. I have plenty of time in my schedule
America? "Hotter" than Ever! INTENSE Heat, Direct Sunlight, Stagnant Water, & NO SHADE has turned the Reflecting Pool GREEN! I love green! Way better color than under Biden and Kamaliar. MAKE ALGAE GROW AGAIN!

User avatar
Mammoth Cave
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 126
Founded: Jul 01, 2026
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Mammoth Cave » Wed Sep 23, 2026 11:23 pm

It might be a symptom of the recent phenomena discussed here, but as a returning player, it's been a culture shock how forgiving this mod team is towards misuse of the moderation forum. Frisbeeteria would never have had it. :P

For instance, not to be a downer, but none of y'all have read the stickies. M/A doesn't accept self-nominations except as responses to current job-specific recruitment.

This post comes as part of my campaign to be declared game moderator, Supreme Lord of all of NationStates, and [violet]'s boss.
Last edited by Mammoth Cave on Wed Sep 23, 2026 11:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
Camtropia
Senator
 
Posts: 3716
Founded: Jan 27, 2024
New York Times Democracy

Postby Camtropia » Thu Sep 24, 2026 12:04 am

Fahran wrote:I cannot speak for the rest of the M/A Team, but, as my signature would suggest, I got married last month and have been adjusting somewhat to married life. Admittedly, that has led to me slacking in other areas of life, but I'm hopeful I can remedy that in short order.

Congratulations, by the way!
Yeah, I'm mostly just on General these days. But just in case...
Camtropia is a young, left-leaning, democratic nation located in Southern Central/Eastern Europe, or somewhere similar.
Almost all stats and policies are canon.
Population: 52 million.

 CBC News | Heatwave leads to surge in portable air conditioner sales -- Minister of Agriculture resigns after affair scandal with secretary -- Local man unable to think up headlines 

User avatar
Neu Arbuckle
Diplomat
 
Posts: 530
Founded: Feb 21, 2026
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Neu Arbuckle » Thu Sep 24, 2026 12:13 am

Mammoth Cave wrote:It might be a symptom of the recent phenomena discussed here, but as a returning player, it's been a culture shock how forgiving this mod team is towards misuse of the moderation forum. Frisbeeteria would never have had it. :P

For instance, not to be a downer, but none of y'all have read the stickies. M/A doesn't accept self-nominations except as responses to current job-specific recruitment.

This post comes as part of my campaign to be declared game moderator, Supreme Lord of all of NationStates, and [violet]'s boss.

Neu Arbuckle wrote:if someone put me up for it

erm
▮☩▮☩▮☩▮☩▮
☩▮☩▮V▮☩▮☩

▮☩▮☩▮☩▮☩▮
FIFTH EMPIRE
FORUM PATROL

L U S I T A N I A
FOR
S O V E R E I G N T Y
The only WASec Candidate
the system truly fears!

User avatar
Luna Amore
Issues Moderator
 
Posts: 17043
Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Thu Sep 24, 2026 1:01 am

Mammoth Cave wrote:Frisbeeteria would never have had it. :P

Sorry, I don't have Fris' curmudgeonly gravitas. This will have to do.

Asked, answer, and gone off the rails at the first opportunity. Just your average question thread. iLock.
Last edited by Luna Amore on Thu Sep 24, 2026 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The reason I want you to get better at chess isn't for you, isn't so you're proud of yourself, and your friends are proud of you, and you did something with your life. It's so you can understand better how bad f4 is." - Ben Finegold


Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bracadun

Advertisement

Remove ads