NATION

PASSWORD

(Q)Why does the online thing appear when a mod is online?

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Rwekazaland
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

(Q)Why does the online thing appear when a mod is online?

Postby Rwekazaland » Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:05 am

I have been seeing this. I have been wondering why it does not show up.
I am Rwekazaland. An very nice country that you can live in.

Participant in:
    International Basketball Championships 30
    World Baseball Classic 50
    WCoH XLI (41)
    Aussie Rules World Cup II.
    No Awards yet :(

Live Life.

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:09 am

Rwekazaland wrote:I have been seeing this. I have been wondering why it does not show up.

Mods have a setting to turn that off, and many of them use it. It's not available to us plebians (from what I understand).
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR (114) 0 - 0 WSH (91) | COL (105) 0 - 0 WPG (110) | VGK (96) 0 - 0 DAL (113)
NBA: Pelicans (6) 49-33 || NCAA MBB: Tulane 20-16 | LSU 22-15 || NCAA WSB: LSU 33-8

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:01 am

Rwekazaland wrote:I have been seeing this. I have been wondering why it does not show up.

Most Mods turn it off. The only time most of them advertised their online status was during the election, when they wanted people to see that they were hovering around, so that users would be more likely to self-moderate their own behaviour. It seemed to work for the most part, as the quantity of election-related redtext was very limited considering how divisive and heated the election was.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

The Reformed American Republic
Powerbroker

Founded: May 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Reformed American Republic » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:06 am

Shazbotdom wrote:

Mods have a setting to turn that off, and many of them use it. It's not available to us plebians (from what I understand).

Most phpBB boards allow everyone to do it, but yes, regular users don't have that permission here. Only Administrators, Moderators, And Issue Editors can hide online status.
"It's called 'the American Dream' 'cause you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz
Older posts do not reflect my positions.

Holocene Extinction

Return to Moderation