NATION

PASSWORD

[QUERY] Political Nicknaming

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

[QUERY] Political Nicknaming

Postby Vassenor » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:17 pm

I'm wondering whether the content of these posts (namely the use of the term "FibDem" to refer to the Liberal Democrats party) constitutes derogatory political nicknaming.

-Kekistan- wrote:The Fib Dems should be thankful for Brexit. It made them relevant again, now all the anti-democrats can vote for them.

-Kekistan- wrote:read my quote properly. I'm not saying voting FibDem is anti-democratic, I'm saying the FibDems are anti-democrats. I'm saying they're relevant again because of a democratic plebiscite that went Leave in a 53/48 decision. I'm sure you'd want the vote again if Remain had won, am I right? :)

-Kekistan- wrote:I never called them enemies of the people either, I said they were anti-democrats I think it's a push to call them enemies. I won't say all FibDem voters are anti-democrats, some are genuine supporters of Social Liberalism and that's fine with me. They're my countrymen as well as yours so we all have our own opinions.

-Kekistan- wrote:No I'm not, I'm saying Anti-Democrats can vote FibDem if they want to.

-Kekistan- wrote:Show what is anti-democratic? The FibDems you mean?

They will happily overturn a democratic Plebiscite and re-run it and they support the EU institutions that have a long history of contempt for the concept of national democracy.

I don't read the Daily Mail, it's sensationalised garbage. I also don't agree with their headline even though I'm a Brexiteer.
Anything else?
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:32 pm

More still from -Kekistan-, published shortly after Vassenor's original report (above). Emphasis my own:
-Kekistan- wrote:*sigh*

I'm not saying voting FibDem is an anti-democratic thing to do. I'm saying the FibDem policy of another Plebiscite is in contradiction to a democratic mandate. People can vote FibDem if they want, they know what they're voting for I don't need to keep saying it.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:47 pm

Yeah, political nicknaming. viewtopic.php?p=31641581#p31641581
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Return to Moderation