NATION

PASSWORD

the results of legislation being too extreme

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
AustinWhaley
Civilian

Founded: Jul 09, 2009
Ex-Nation

the results of legislation being too extreme

Postby AustinWhaley » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:17 pm

when i select the positions i wish to take in the matters of the various issues i recieve, i find the results to be far too extreme.

a few examples:
1.organ donations: i selected that i did not wish for organ donation to be at the will of the state, and now, my "organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region." i did not want my citizens to be uncaring, i just dont feel that the gov. has a right to their bodies, dead or alive.

2. a religious leader: i selected the option of the man who said that he would immediately resign in order to aviod establishing a national religion, and now my government is atheist.

3. teenage-crime: i opted for a curfew in order to curtail youth-related crime, and now i have kids being thrown in jail for being out too late. i dont know about others, but breaking a curfew in my community doesnt result in jail-time.

these are a few among many, and i would like to know if there is a way to avoid this if at all possible.

Spartzerina
Envoy

Founded: May 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Re: the results of legislation being too extreme

Postby Spartzerina » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:38 pm

There is a way: dismiss them. Just click the "Dismiss This Issue" button under all your options, if you don't agree with any of the opinions. It will have no effect on your nation.
The Council of Narnia - Our Forums
CoN Vice Chancellor
FRA Vice Chancellor
A male of the species Homo sapiens

Unilisia
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Unilisia » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:44 pm

Not true Spartzerina. I clicked Dismiss on my environmental thread, and now my national animal is on the brink of extinction.
I am the mighty Uni.

Tiami wrote:I bow before the mighty Uni.

Lackadaisical2 wrote:If it shocked Uni, I know I don't want to read it.
You win.

Kylarnatia wrote:Steep hill + wheelchair + my lap - I think we know where that goes ;)

Katganistan wrote:That is fucking stupid.

L Ron Cupboard wrote:He appears to be propelling himself out of the flames with explosive diarrhea while his mother does jazz hands.

Mike the Progressive wrote:Because women are gods, men are pigs, and we, the males, deserve to all be castrated.

Neo Arcad wrote:Uni doesn't sleep. She waits.

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:Collector: "Why are these coins all sticky?"

Spartzerina
Envoy

Founded: May 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Spartzerina » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:46 pm

It's not supposed to have any effect. I don't know why that would happen.
The Council of Narnia - Our Forums
CoN Vice Chancellor
FRA Vice Chancellor
A male of the species Homo sapiens

The Emmerian Unions
Minister

Founded: Jan 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Emmerian Unions » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:48 pm

Unilisia wrote:Not true Spartzerina. I clicked Dismiss on my environmental thread, and now my national animal is on the brink of extinction.

Nope. That would NOT have happened if you dismissed it. It would've only happened if you answered the issue.
The Cake is a lie!
<<Peace through Fear and Superior Firepower>>

STOP AMERICAN IMPERIALISM? America is ANTI-IMPERIAL!
Ifreann wrote:"And in world news, the United States has recently elected Bill Gates as God Emperor For All Time. Foreign commentators believe that Gates' personal fortune may have played a role in his victory, but criticism from the United States of Gates(as it is now known) has been sparse and brief."
For good Russian Rock Radio, go here.
Please note, I rarely go into NSG. If I post there, please do not expect a response from me.
ALL HAIL THE GODDESS REPLOID PRODUCTIONS!

Allrule
Senator

Founded: Apr 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Allrule » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:50 pm

It's satire. It's supposed to be extreme.
Save the Internet! Protect Net Neutrality!

"Lily? After all this time?"
"Always."
-Albus Dumbledore and Severus Snape, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2

Unilisia
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Unilisia » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:53 pm

The Emmerian Unions wrote:
Unilisia wrote:Not true Spartzerina. I clicked Dismiss on my environmental thread, and now my national animal is on the brink of extinction.

Nope. That would NOT have happened if you dismissed it. It would've only happened if you answered the issue.

It did. I dont know what to say, besides spouting that fact I have no reason to lie.
I am the mighty Uni.

Tiami wrote:I bow before the mighty Uni.

Lackadaisical2 wrote:If it shocked Uni, I know I don't want to read it.
You win.

Kylarnatia wrote:Steep hill + wheelchair + my lap - I think we know where that goes ;)

Katganistan wrote:That is fucking stupid.

L Ron Cupboard wrote:He appears to be propelling himself out of the flames with explosive diarrhea while his mother does jazz hands.

Mike the Progressive wrote:Because women are gods, men are pigs, and we, the males, deserve to all be castrated.

Neo Arcad wrote:Uni doesn't sleep. She waits.

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:Collector: "Why are these coins all sticky?"

Masin Kari
Secretary

Founded: Jul 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Masin Kari » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:02 pm

Unilisia wrote:
The Emmerian Unions wrote:

It did. I dont know what to say, besides spouting that fact I have no reason to lie.

I'd imagine you might've at some point given the go ahead to something business related, and as we know, industry exists solely at the expense of the environment.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical