NATION

PASSWORD

Close encounters of the Sci Fi kind?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Germonica
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Close encounters of the Sci Fi kind?

Postby Germonica » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:09 pm

The Issue

A recent, well-publicized UFO sighting over rural areas of Germonica has turned people's attention to the skies, and what... or who... might be up there.

The Debate

"This event proves one thing: there are other life-forms out there," says eccentric astronomer Roxanne Spirit, "All we have to do is find them! What is the price of a few hundred Radio Telescopes compared to the benefit of living in peace and harmony with our brethren of the stars?"

This is the position your government is preparing to adopt.

"Spies! It's gotta be spies! A few planes or satellites from our enemies or 'allies' in our region," rages General Steffan Shiomi, head of Germonica's military, "The only way to keep those snoops out of our airspace is to patrol the streets 'n skies, and shoot 'em down! Even if they are some sort of little green aliens, a couple of SAM batteries and a few flak cannons'll keep 'em from abducting our Germonican Leopards."

"Extraterrestrial lifeforms? Alien invaders? I don't know why we even have to listen to such idiocy!" complains prize-winning physicist Billy-Bob Frederickson. "In my opinion, the idea of 'aliens' on another planet is highly unlikely, and even if they did exist, getting from there to here is technically impossible! I say we forget this nonsense and stop spending our tax Zempluronos on it. Leave this sort of foolishness to the people who attend those 'trekkie' conventions."

Can you guys tell me the effects of each choice(ex.More/less civil rights)?

Thanks
DEFCON LEVEL 4: Increased intelligence watch and strengthened security measures.
For Germonica and the Human Race!

Sanctaria
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 12, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sanctaria » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:12 pm

Wrong forum.

Should be here.
Divine Federation of Sanctaria

Ideological Bulwark #258

Dr. Bethany Greer CMD, Sanctarian Ambassador to the World Assembly
Author of:
GA#109 GA#133 GA#176 GA#201 GA#222 GA#297
GA#590 (Co)
Frisbeeteria wrote:Do people not realize that moderators can tell when someone is wanking?

Luna Amore wrote:Sanc is always watching. Ever vigilant.

Auralia wrote:Your condescending attitude is remarkably annoying.

Germonica
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Germonica » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:13 pm

Yeah I was going to put it there or here I didn't know which one so I just put it here.
DEFCON LEVEL 4: Increased intelligence watch and strengthened security measures.
For Germonica and the Human Race!

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm

I was going to tow the thread, but since I see you've started a new one in the correct forum I'll just lock this one.

Return to Technical