NATION

PASSWORD

Benevolent Dictatorship

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Sionis Prioratus
Senator

Founded: Feb 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Sionis Prioratus » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:40 pm

I have excellent civil rights, and a powerhouse of a economy (as of now).

Political freedoms are outlawed.

How come I am not a "Benevolent Dictatorship"?

Glen-Rhodes
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Re: Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Glen-Rhodes » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:58 pm

Economic freedoms are not equivalent to economic strength, I don't think. To be a 'Benevolent Dictatorship', you must have 'liberal' economic freedoms.

Unibot
Senator

Founded: May 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:13 pm

I suppose you're refering to Euroslavia's old thread ...

Euroslavia wrote:11. Benevolent Dictatorship (High Social, High Economic, Low Political)

Well you see, "High Economic" refers to Economic Freedoms. As far as I know, your Economy rating is a measurement of Economic Strength not Economic Freedoms. So, your Economic Freedoms (some sort of secret mod stat) is lower than your economic strength.

Because your are a "Father Knows Best State" currently,

which Euroslavia suggests has the following ratings....
Euroslavia wrote:20. Father Knows Best State (Medium Social, Medium Economic, Low Political)

Either, Social freedoms is a different rating than Civil Rights, or your current Civil Rights rating of "Excellent" is considered a Medium strength. I don't know which.

Unibot
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:15 pm

Dammit.
GR beat me to the punch :D

Sionis Prioratus
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sionis Prioratus » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:28 pm

Hmmm... thank you! I see:

(--)Economic -----------Political Freedoms----Civil Rights(-- )
(15)Frightening---------Corrupted------------Widely Abused
(14)All-Consuming-----Widely Abused-------Frightening
(13)Powerhouse-------Excessive -------------Excessive
(12)Thriving-------------World Benchmark----World Benchmark
(11)Very Strong--------Superb-----------------Superb
(10)Strong--------------Excellent---------------Excellent
(09)Good----------------Very good-------------Very Good
(08)Fair------------------Good-------------------Good
(07)Reasonable--------Average---------------Average
(06)Developing---------Below Average------Below Average
(05)Struggling----------Some------------------Some
(04)Weak----------------Few--------------------Few
(03)Fragile---------------Rare-------------------Rare
(02)Basket Case-------Unheard Of-----------Unheard Of
(01)Imploded-----------Outlawed-------------Outlawed

So, to be a "Benevolent Dictatorship", my civil rights must be at least "Superb", right?

Just give me the right issues! :( :clap:

Unibot
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:46 pm

So, to be a "Benevolent Dictatorship", my civil rights must be at least "Superb", right?

Eh, no.

Look for issue options which would increase economic freedoms.

When I say that, I mean anything that would lower the restrictions on industry and business.

Government's tend to tell businesses what they can and can't for the good of the people. To get a high economic freedoms rating, your people no longer have the right to such comforts.

Do what you have to, deregulate labor, break up unions .... blah, blah, blah....

As for Civil Rights, um.... I don't really know, if "Social Freedoms" is different than Civil Rights? If so, you need to focus on issue options that deal with that. I'll ask around, and see what replies I get.
Last edited by Unibot on Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unibot
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:54 pm

The issue, "Going Postal" is a classic example of Economic Freedoms.

Option 1, which privatizes the national mail will slightly increase economic freedoms but also increase income inequality.

Option 2, which keeps the mail under the wing of the government, will slightly decrease your precious economic freedoms, but also decrease income inequality.

Sionis Prioratus
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sionis Prioratus » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:58 pm

Unibot wrote:The issue, "Going Postal" is a classic example of Economic Freedoms.

Option 1, which privatizes the national mail will slightly increase economic freedoms but also increase income inequality.

Option 2, which keeps the mail under the wing of the government, will slightly decrease your precious economic freedoms, but also decrease income inequality.

I've had that one and chosen Option 1! oh noes! What happened, my people do not care about income inequality, as the poorest are rich, and the richest are bazillionaires! :p

Unibot
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:01 pm

:o

Well, it was an example. I'm sure you'll find a similar issue to boost your current economic freedoms rating with....

Good Luck!
Hope that Helps!
Unibot
Last edited by Unibot on Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:57 am

In addition to the current 'Economic Freedoms' rating as such, the 'Economic Strength' of a nation depends on that nation's history in this respect: If the country previously had very low economic freedoms for a long time but has just relaxed these a lot, for example, then its economy will take a while to grow to the strength that it would have had if they'd always had the higher level of freedoms... and, conversely, if the nation had previously had very high economic freedoms for a long while but its government has just nationalised everything then the inertia within the system will slow their economic strength's consequent decline...
Last edited by Bears Armed on Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Sionis Prioratus
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sionis Prioratus » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:12 am

Bears Armed wrote:In addition to the current 'Economic Freedoms' rating as such, the 'Economic Strength' of a nation depends on that nation's history in this respect: If the country previously had very low economic freedoms for a long time but has just relaxed these a lot, for example, then its economy will take a while to grow to the strength that it would have had if they'd always had the higher level of freedoms... and, conversely, if the nation had previously had very high economic freedoms for a long while but its government has just nationalised everything then the inertia within the system will slow their economic strength's consequent decline...

I see... Concerning my economy, I don't remember ever seeing it below "Very Strong", and it has been consistently alternating between "Thriving" and "Powerhouse". My civil rights were never "Superb" though, but then again, never below "Very Good". Working towards "Superb" or more. Is it possible to max Economic and Civil Freedoms and tank Political Freedoms? That's my aim.

Sionis Prioratus
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sionis Prioratus » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:17 am

Yay! I finally did it!!

76 minutes ago: Sionis Prioratus was reclassified from "Compulsory Consumerist State" to "Benevolent Dictatorship".

I thank you all :D

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical