NATION

PASSWORD

An economic Bug...?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Despoticania
Envoy

Founded: Aug 17, 2006
Corrupt Dictatorship

An economic Bug...?

Postby Despoticania » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:56 am

I'm not sure if this is a bug or what, but can anyone tell me how it is possible that my economy rating has dropped from "Frightening" to "Strong" in a single day, and my "progressive social policies in education and welfare" seem to have ended altogether, although I haven't even had issues of that kind for a long time.

I've worked very hard to build up the strongest economy in the region, and I'd hate to see it collapse without any warning - c'mon, even in 1929 it didn't happen this fast!
God was a dream of good government.

Despoticania factbooks

Saint Clair Island
Minister

Founded: Feb 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: An economic Bug...?

Postby Saint Clair Island » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:31 am

Despoticania wrote:I'm not sure if this is a bug or what, but can anyone tell me how it is possible that my economy rating has dropped from "Frightening" to "Strong" in a single day, and my "progressive social policies in education and welfare" seem to have ended altogether, although I haven't even had issues of that kind for a long time.

I've worked very hard to build up the strongest economy in the region, and I'd hate to see it collapse without any warning - c'mon, even in 1929 it didn't happen this fast!

#
# 23 hours ago: Following new legislation in FlagDespoticania, The Despot has been self-declared as the Most Supreme Magnificent Overlord of Everything You Ever Saw.

Well, there you go. Look at how well that worked out for Kim Jong Il.
Signatures are for losers.

Despoticania
Envoy

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Despoticania » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:56 am

No way. My economy collapsed today. That resolution was yesterday. Besides, I've been always choosing the least politically free alternative - as far as I know, economy and political freedoms are separate.

Despoticania factbooks

Saint Clair Island
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Clair Island » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:45 pm

Economy and political freedoms are separate. You just happened to pick an issue option that affected both:

Becoming Supreme Evil Overlord for Life also entails cutting every government department except the police and military (including the ones responsible for economic development, commercial welfare, and trade) and bringing the nation and economy under your unilateral control (bound to alienate corporations and such, which will go overseas). And just how much do you think they spent on that space hopper? One of the effects of that option is to reduce your economy by about five levels, and for good reason.

If the economic collapse was delayed by a day, that could be a bug -- or you could just have not noticed it yesterday.

Despoticania
Envoy

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Despoticania » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:02 pm

I'll be damned. I've been actually trying to reduce the spending of many of my less important departments, although not quite this much... And too bad my super-economy was largely depenent on my corporate wellfare-policies.

Ah well... I guess I'll just have to start rearranging my spending. And now that I am the Supreme Evil Overlord, I'm certainly going to execute my traitorous brother for this treason... :-)

Oh, and thank you for the info. I though this might be a bug, as no other resolution has ever had this huge effect on my nation, although I've been playing NS since 2006.

Despoticania factbooks

Saint Clair Island
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Clair Island » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:31 pm

Despoticania wrote:I'll be damned. I've been actually trying to reduce the spending of many of my less important departments, although not quite this much... And too bad my super-economy was largely depenent on my corporate wellfare-policies.

Ah well... I guess I'll just have to start rearranging my spending. And now that I am the Supreme Evil Overlord, I'm certainly going to execute my traitorous brother for this treason... :-)

Oh, and thank you for the info. I though this might be a bug, as no other resolution has ever had this huge effect on my nation, although I've been playing NS since 2006.

There are a few. There's one that automatically makes your nation into an anarchy. There's another that reduces your economy to "imploded" regardless of its prior level. To say nothing of the ones that get rid of all defense or education or police or environment spending in one shot, or abolish the income tax service.

As far as I can recall, anyway.
Last edited by Saint Clair Island on Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mirchaz
Attaché

Founded: Mar 22, 2005
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Mirchaz » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:26 pm

I answered the same issue, and my econ is listed as "Good"! It was Reasonable before. However my taxes plunged from 99% to a big goose egg.

Edit: Also, one of my other nation's tax dropped from 100% to 60% with a single issue (not the Leader for Life one).
Last edited by Mirchaz on Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Temp redshirt April 1 2011

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical