NATION

PASSWORD

2 Questions: Antiquity? The original, original forum?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.

Advertisement

Remove ads

[violet]
Executive Director

Founded: Antiquity

Re: 2 Questions: Antiquity? The original, original forum?

Postby [violet] » Sat May 02, 2009 9:21 pm

Drakonian Imperium wrote:Looks like what happened to me too? Is it wrong that I remember to the day when I first created the Imperium, May 5, 2003, back when the day and month you were created were important to survival. I remembered being terrified of squaring off against April nations, even if they were just a few days older than me. I always have worn that date as a badge of honor, but some inactivity after '05 seems to have cleansed me of it. I would love if Mods got the ability to fix it, but understand all the problems that could entail.

I've corrected your "Founded" date--and am happy to do this for anyone else who entered the forum before I fixed that code, and who has a "Founded" date that represents their resurrection rather than creation.

So this gets you "Antiquity." Not sure we can manually enter creation dates based on players' sworn promises... and if we did, it would mean every "Antiquity" nation was potentially older than yours. :)
Last edited by [violet] on Sat May 02, 2009 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Drakonian Imperium
Spokesperson

Anarchy

Postby Drakonian Imperium » Sun May 03, 2009 3:18 am

Thanks, it is greatly appreciated.
{The Grand Dominion of Drakonian Imperium}
National Factfile - World Assembly Dossier - NSWiki Article
United Emirates - Greater Drakonian Economy - Knootoss International Stabilization Treaty - Gholgoth

"Whenever possible, take the Moral High Ground." - Anonymous, commenting on Drakonian Social Psychology

Ludwig Drums
Attaché

Founded: Oct 08, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Ludwig Drums » Sun May 03, 2009 9:25 am

Interesting... Very...

Rejistania
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Rejistania » Sun May 03, 2009 2:45 pm

Drakonian Imperium wrote:
The Most Glorious Hack wrote:Heh. Open 10 threads in tabs. Reload 15 times to get them to appear. Try ten times each to get a reply box. Write every reply. "Preview" on thread to hunt for those precious 10 seconds when the forum was going to work. Hit "add reply" for each tab in a mad hope that your replies will get through with out multi-posting...

Repeating that process daily...or once, twice, a half-dozen times a day. Losing whole posts. I still back everything up several times before I post it. Copy it into the clipboard, save everything in a text file....

Setting the alarm clock to 5 am so you can have one hour of fast fora before getting ready for going to school! Those were the days :ugeek:

I am a September 2003 nation BTW.
Last edited by Rejistania on Sun May 03, 2009 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rejis sjiki, linux sjiki, alari sjiki, korona sjiki!
Forever united, forever free, forever in justice, forever prospering!

"Tekneluru mi'aru mi aji, il'sidekhir'ra mi, lajistas. Mi'ki'vasu kynha'het kijitax." Hank͜hila Sede, first lentine (translation: A dream is only a dream until it is reached. After that, it becomes something trivial)

Headlines from the Na~ovi Nanti: Hetkali election ended in no candidate over 2% hurdle - Syku I Jai fired as coach of Aetaila Seli, youth coach Hea I Juien takes over reins of club - Rising number of fairy penguins in Sumumusumu and neighboring islands

This person is pro-EU and proud of it! They are also a Eurofederalist and want the Federated States of Europe!

Tsaraine
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Tsaraine » Sun May 03, 2009 3:28 pm

Ah, those were the days! Calculating the raw binary on an abacus, sending server packets via carrier pigeon, competing with the other monks to see who can get the "Usurious Sinner" Papal World Ranking ... :D

Rejistania
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Rejistania » Sun May 03, 2009 3:42 pm

No idea what you are talking about :whistles:
Rejis sjiki, linux sjiki, alari sjiki, korona sjiki!
Forever united, forever free, forever in justice, forever prospering!

"Tekneluru mi'aru mi aji, il'sidekhir'ra mi, lajistas. Mi'ki'vasu kynha'het kijitax." Hank͜hila Sede, first lentine (translation: A dream is only a dream until it is reached. After that, it becomes something trivial)

Headlines from the Na~ovi Nanti: Hetkali election ended in no candidate over 2% hurdle - Syku I Jai fired as coach of Aetaila Seli, youth coach Hea I Juien takes over reins of club - Rising number of fairy penguins in Sumumusumu and neighboring islands

This person is pro-EU and proud of it! They are also a Eurofederalist and want the Federated States of Europe!

Australian Labor Party
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Labor Party » Sun May 03, 2009 4:44 pm

[violet] wrote: ...I've corrected your "Founded" date--and am happy to do this for anyone else who entered the forum before I fixed that code, and who has a "Founded" date that represents their resurrection rather than creation.

So this gets you "Antiquity." Not sure we can manually enter creation dates based on players' sworn promises... and if we did, it would mean every "Antiquity" nation was potentially older than yours. :)

1.469 billion in 28 days? Please fix. That's very kind of you to do this but there could a proverbial load of nations seeking a fix.

I cycle through my puppet nations on a regular basis (Australian Labor Party is my current WA puppet) so does that mean they would need to be reset every time they were resurrected? If so, it's not worth the trouble for you.
Puppet of Errinundera

Tsaraine
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Tsaraine » Sun May 03, 2009 4:48 pm

Rejistania wrote:No idea what you are talking about :whistles:

I see what you did there, Sister Rejistania. Fifty Hail Marys for you!

[violet]
Executive Director

Postby [violet] » Sun May 03, 2009 5:02 pm

Australian Labor Party wrote:
[violet] wrote: ...I've corrected your "Founded" date--and am happy to do this for anyone else who entered the forum before I fixed that code, and who has a "Founded" date that represents their resurrection rather than creation.

1.469 billion in 28 days? Please fix. That's very kind of you to do this but there could a proverbial load of nations seeking a fix.

No, as per my post, it only affects old, died-then-rezzed nations who entered this forum during a specific time window. I don't think it's many; if it is I'll make the fix automated.

Roania
Ambassador

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Roania » Sun May 03, 2009 8:51 pm

In the interests of certain parties on #NS, whose first threads I posted in, not teasing me about my relatively 'young age', may I please have my date changed to antiquity? My birthdate was on the 30th of June, 2003, as indicated in the Forums Which Shall Not Be Named, but are Owned by OMAC.
Ten Thousand Years to the Lord of Ten Thousand Years! Ten Thousand Years to the Lord of Ten Thousand Years! Ten Thousand of Ten Thousand Years to the Lord of Ten Thousand Years!

The Dragon Throne has stood for Ten Thousand Years! For Ten Thousand Years, the Dragon Throne Stands! The Dragon Throne has stood, is standing, and shall stand for Ten Thousand Years, Ten Thousand Years, Ten Thousand of Ten Thousand Years!

Tseaby
Lobbyist

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tseaby » Sun May 03, 2009 8:57 pm

Can I get my date changed? I was founded on Dec 28th, '02. I'll settle for antiquity, though. ;)

Thanks for changing it, and thanks for your work on the forums.

.  ("`-''-/").___..--''"`-._
`o_ o ) `-. ( ).`:.__.:)
(_Y_.): ._ ) `._ `. ``-:.-'
_..`--'_..-_/ /--'_.' ,'
(il),-'' (li),' ((!.-'

[violet]
Executive Director

Postby [violet] » Sun May 03, 2009 10:00 pm

Fixed Tseaby and Roania.

Roania
Ambassador

Postby Roania » Sun May 03, 2009 10:29 pm

Thank you, your worshipful wonderfulness. And may I say how wonderful it is that you're in charge again?
Ten Thousand Years to the Lord of Ten Thousand Years! Ten Thousand Years to the Lord of Ten Thousand Years! Ten Thousand of Ten Thousand Years to the Lord of Ten Thousand Years!

The Dragon Throne has stood for Ten Thousand Years! For Ten Thousand Years, the Dragon Throne Stands! The Dragon Throne has stood, is standing, and shall stand for Ten Thousand Years, Ten Thousand Years, Ten Thousand of Ten Thousand Years!

[violet]
Executive Director

Postby [violet] » Mon May 04, 2009 1:32 am

Oh, you.

Peisandros
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 14, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Peisandros » Mon May 04, 2009 1:39 am

Just checking when I joined, sometime in '05 I think..
Vindication, Is all it takes to change your life.

BoF31 runner up. WC44 Second round. CoH37 co-host and runner up. DBC9 third. DBC10 third. WC47 Second round.

Sdaeriji
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Sdaeriji » Mon May 04, 2009 9:22 am

I know my founding date is 03-25-03.
Farnhamia wrote:What part of the four-letter word "Rules" are you having trouble with?
Farnhamia wrote:four-letter word "Rules"

Kajal
Spokesperson

Postby Kajal » Mon May 04, 2009 8:23 pm

Not to be a downer, but I'm pretty sure that the primary reason we'd have founding dates in "Antiquity" isn't just forums related, but in fact because some of us were around before NS started keeping track of founding dates in the XML nation data!

Of course, I wouldn't know why people would wind up with _new ones_. <_<

Incidentally Kajal was founded July 10th, 2003. >_>
Last edited by Kajal on Mon May 04, 2009 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Wait, what?"
Member Nation, Second Triumvirate of Yut, VERITAS, Martian Forum.
Historical Member, First Triumvirate of Yut, Martian Defense Initiative, Martian Port Authority

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Tue May 05, 2009 5:05 pm

Is it also possible to reset my date? I'm playing since 2002 and for a brief moment I had to resurrect myself in 2008.
The Blaatschapen should resign

Carboni
Civilian

Founded: Nov 27, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Carboni » Wed May 06, 2009 1:29 am

Just checking our start date. I suspect it will be wrong but I don't think Carboni is old enough to be antiquated.

Edit: Hey! I'm wrong. That date seems to be about right.
Last edited by Carboni on Wed May 06, 2009 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Puppet of Errinundera

HC Eredivisie
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby HC Eredivisie » Wed May 06, 2009 6:58 am

The Blaatschapen wrote:Is it also possible to reset my date? I'm playing since 2002 and for a brief moment I had to resurrect myself in 2008.
Sure. :lol:

For those who forgot their joining date, you can find it on the Jolt forum profile.
Hail Richard, Chief Warlock of the Brothers of Darkness, Lord of the Thirteen Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead and the mayor of a little village up the coast.
+7656 posts, Joined 16 april 2003

Het Vijfde Nederlandse Topic met 1461 stemmen, 8070 posts en 144.700 views.
25-01-2005 - 08-06-2009

West-Flanders
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby West-Flanders » Wed May 06, 2009 9:33 am

The Blaatschapen wrote:Is it also possible to reset my date? I'm playing since 2002 and for a brief moment I had to resurrect myself in 2008.

Are you sure you're not a newbie? :lol: ;)

HC Eredivisie wrote:For those who forgot their joining date, you can find it on the Jolt forum profile.

Hereby I declare 22th june the West-Flandrian National Holiday. :mrgreen:
Last edited by West-Flanders on Sun Dec 31, 9999 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Wed May 06, 2009 3:14 pm

My birthday is 18th of December 2002 to be exact :) But I prefer 'antiquity' 8-)
The Blaatschapen should resign

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Wed May 06, 2009 4:53 pm

Dumb questions: Can Jolt threads me moved here? I think the answer would be "No" but what's the harm in asking (I can't see to find a topic where it was addressed).
Last edited by Layarteb on Wed May 06, 2009 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you're interested in the longest running, Earth-based, MT RP community, consider joining Earth II today
Earth II Moderator | Earth II Discord | Member of The October Alliance
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •
• The Empire of Columbia •

Northrop-Grumman
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 28, 2003
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Northrop-Grumman » Wed May 06, 2009 4:56 pm

Layarteb wrote:Dumb questions: Can Jolt threads me moved here? I think the answer would be "No" but what's the harm in asking (I can't see to find a topic where it was addressed).

*digs deep into the forum and tries to find the right info*

Here ya go, straight from [violet] herself:
[violet] wrote:
Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote:So...

there's no chance of importing existing/saved threads from Jolt, and if so, what does this mean for existing, long-running threads/RPs, like Silly Proposals and Strangers' Bar? [/WA-centric] Will we just have to start them all over again? (That's somewhat annoying.)

It's possible, but there are obstacles. First, it's a ton of work. Second, it's a different type of board, so a lot of the formatting & links will be broken. Third, it may create more load than this server can handle (the Jolt board has 10 million posts). Fourth, it would create forks of each thread, where after the import there would be one instance here and one on Jolt, each potentially being added to by different people afterward, which is confusing.

My feeling is that we start afresh here, and use Jolt as an Archive. Anything people feel is valuable enough, I'm happy for them to copy & paste here. But I would like to avoid an import.

Layarteb
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Layarteb » Wed May 06, 2009 4:57 pm

Thanks NG I had to give the laziness factor a try :)
If you're interested in the longest running, Earth-based, MT RP community, consider joining Earth II today
Earth II Moderator | Earth II Discord | Member of The October Alliance
Guide to My Stories
Member of Earth II
• • • • ‡ • • • •
• The Empire of Columbia •

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical