NATION

PASSWORD

Logged-in time

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Vault 10
Minister

Founded: Sep 15, 2006
Ex-Nation

Logged-in time

Postby Vault 10 » Sun May 17, 2009 2:27 am

One issue with the new forum I find annoying is the short time one can stay logged in. Often, while I'm writing a post, I find myself thrown out by the time I'm done, so I have to save the post, log in, navigate to the forum and thread in question, post again... It wastes time and gets tiresome after a while.

On jolt, we stayed in until explicitly logged out. Is there some way the logged-in time can be increased here? Maybe not to permanent, but at least to a good while.
There is a line most people say they will never cross. It is usually something they have done long ago when they thought no one was watching.

Agzenzia
Envoy

Founded: May 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Logged-in time

Postby Agzenzia » Sun May 17, 2009 2:35 am

Vault 10 wrote:One issue with the new forum I find annoying is the short time one can stay logged in. Often, while I'm writing a post, I find myself thrown out by the time I'm done, so I have to save the post, log in, navigate to the forum and thread in question, post again... It wastes time and gets tiresome after a while.

On jolt, we stayed in until explicitly logged out. Is there some way the logged-in time can be increased here? Maybe not to permanent, but at least to a good while.

Weird, i can be logged in for hours-on-end without getting auto logged off.
Sincerely, Supreme Dictator Fenagz. Economic Left/Right: -1.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.26

Vault 10
Minister

Founded: Sep 15, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Vault 10 » Sun May 17, 2009 3:20 am

You indeed don't get thrown out as long as you stay browsing the forum, clicking on other threads once in a while. But if you leave or keep writing a post for more than a couple hours, the result is inevitably having to log in again.
There is a line most people say they will never cross. It is usually something they have done long ago when they thought no one was watching.

[violet]
Executive Director

Founded: Antiquity

Postby [violet] » Tue May 19, 2009 4:52 am

I think the underlying issue is auto-login: on Jolt, your session would eventually expire, but you'd automatically get a new one without needing to re-login, and wouldn't even notice. I haven't set up autologin on this forum yet, so session timeouts require you to bounce back to the main game. I will fix that.

The Emmerian Unions
Minister

Founded: Jan 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Emmerian Unions » Tue May 19, 2009 5:00 am

[violet] wrote:I think the underlying issue is auto-login: on Jolt, your session would eventually expire, but you'd automatically get a new one without needing to re-login, and wouldn't even notice. I haven't set up autologin on this forum yet, so session timeouts require you to bounce back to the main game. I will fix that.

Awesome. I really don't like having to bounce back when the time runs out when I make a long post(When would sometimes have happened on Jolt for me during long periods of inactivity).

ALL HAIL [VIOLET]!!!
The Cake is a lie!
<<Peace through Fear and Superior Firepower>>

STOP AMERICAN IMPERIALISM? America is ANTI-IMPERIAL!
Ifreann wrote:"And in world news, the United States has recently elected Bill Gates as God Emperor For All Time. Foreign commentators believe that Gates' personal fortune may have played a role in his victory, but criticism from the United States of Gates(as it is now known) has been sparse and brief."
For good Russian Rock Radio, go here.
Please note, I rarely go into NSG. If I post there, please do not expect a response from me.
ALL HAIL THE GODDESS REPLOID PRODUCTIONS!

Return to Technical