NATION

PASSWORD

Delete All Board Cookies - Within a Post ?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Miami Shores
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 19, 2008
Anarchy

Delete All Board Cookies - Within a Post ?

Postby Miami Shores » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:02 am

I have tried to find this answer in the stickies without success to my assurance. What happens when we click on Delete All Board Cookies in our own Post? Does it delete the Post automatically? Does it give me the option to delete the Post or not, as in change my mind to delete it or not? Any negative side affects? I think I already deleted one of my Posts, dont recall how, But it might have been on another Forum, not NS. The option seemed to show up, but not always. I am afraid to click on Delete All Board Cookies within my posts without an official Mod answer. Anyone is welcomed to comment, But I need an official Mod answer to feel safe.
Last edited by Miami Shores on Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:19 am, edited 4 times in total.
lol - I am the worlds greatest insomniac, I beat the worlds record every day. I love math statistics and accounting my profession. Retired home bought and paid for, own 2 rental properties. Many vacations in Miami Beach hotels, Niagara Falls Canada, Puerto Rico, Puerto Plata and Punta Cana Dominican Republic. I am not rich but I am not poor, over all not bad. Proud conservative Republican native Cuban and American citizen supporter of President Trump. President Ronald Reagan the greatest American President of the USA ever and the original Make America Great Again President. President Trump the second greatest American President of the USA ever.

North Mack
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 27, 2005
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby North Mack » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:03 am

...delete all board cookies doesn't have anything to do with your posts. It deletes the cookies the forum places on your computer.

phpBB Official FAQ wrote:What does the “Delete all board cookies” do?
“Delete all board cookies” deletes the cookies created by phpBB which keep you authenticated and logged into the board. It also provides functions such as read tracking if they have been enabled by the board owner. If you are having login or logout problems, deleting board cookies may help.

Deleting all board cookies shouldn't delete any posts, ever, period.
T H E S T E L L A R R E P U B L I C O F N O R T H M A C K
Forged in Fire, Reforged in Blood
[ DeviantArt | NS FT Discord | The Local Cluster | FT Advice and Assistance Thread | The State of the Galaxy ]

The Most Glorious Hack
Retired Moderator

Founded: Mar 11, 2003
Anarchy

Postby The Most Glorious Hack » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:15 am

And since you log in via the game, deleting the cookies shouldn't do much of anything at all.
Now the stars they are all angled wrong,
And the sun and the moon refuse to burn.
But I remember a message,
In a demon's hand:
"Dread the passage of Jesus, for he does not return."

-Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, "Time Jesum Transeuntum Et Non Riverentum"

Return to Technical