NATION

PASSWORD

Nation's Timetables are mismatched

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Concurria
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Nation's Timetables are mismatched

Postby Concurria » Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:57 pm

I apologize if this has been suggested. I could not find it in the sticky.

I noticed that the way time progresses for our nations doesn't match the way legislation is brought forward. It says I legalized something 9 hours ago, yet my country has undergone change that would take months.

I realize that NS is a sim with exaggerated effects, but I think it'd be a quick fix if the Dev team is open to it. Just posting this to get thoughts.
" I stopped being Pro-choice the day my baby turned 2. At the party, he turned to me, opened his mouth, and unleashed a stream of mucus and snot that I didn't know a baby was capable of. I was gonna murder the little bugger until I realized instantly that his youth didn't justify my anger. That's when I said that regardless of my perceived incapability as a mother, I am capable, 'cuz I do know better. "

Goobergunchia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Re: Nation's Timetables are mismatched

Postby Goobergunchia » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:06 pm

There is no fixed conversion rate between real-life time and NationStates time. In fact, the flexibility of allowing time to pass at different rates as time permits is very useful for roleplaying threads. Besides, it's quite useful to know the real-world time for a bunch of other things that the same timestamping engine is used for, such as WA proposal expiration times.
(+5175 posts from mostly pre-Jolt)
Making NationStates a different place since 17 May 2003.
ADN Advisor
Nasicournian Officer
Citizen of the Rejected Realms
Discord: Goobergunch#2417
Sponsor, HR#22, SC#4
Member, UNOG
Rules: GA SC
Retired Forum Moderator
For your forum moderation needs: The Moderation Forum
For your in-game moderation needs: The Getting Help Page
What are the rules? See the OSRS.
Who are the mods, anyway?

"We're not fighting to have everybody think the way we do. We're fighting so that people can have the right to think what they want, even if they don't agree with us. Somewhere in the middle lies an agreeable solution. That's the democratic system. It ain't perfect, but it's the best we've got."

Return to Technical