NATION

PASSWORD

Capital city?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Sdaeriji
Powerbroker

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Re: Capital city?

Postby Sdaeriji » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:48 pm

Tyrrin wrote:Shazbotom also had something for his leader. How do you get that?

Sdaeriji Decides:
Follow The Leader

The Issue
A lowly bureaucrat riffling through some old paperwork has happened across a rather alarming and disturbing fact: the documentation affirming yourself as Sdaeriji's head of state was filled out improperly and now, at least for the moment, Sdaeriji has no official leader!

The Debate

• "There is no need to panic," says Freddy Dredd, a senior archivist. "I've prepared a new document. All you need to do is sign across the dotted line and you will be our esteemed leader once again. Here! I've even brought a pen."

• "Give me that!" interrupts your brother, incorrigible as always. "I've got an idea, bear with me for a moment... a few penstrokes here... a few clauses there... finished. Now you can set yourself up as Supreme Evil Overlord For Life! If you don't have complete control then where's the fun? That's what I say. I've taken the liberty of cutting some of the more boring departments, we only really need the police and military in my opinion. Oh! You get a free space hopper too."

• "Hold on! Don't sign it yet! Have you ever heard the saying 'two heads are better than one'?" asks Johann Christmas, your Minister of Complicating Things. "Well, what if we had SEVERAL? I propose we gather the most senior ministers of Sdaeriji to act together as a collective head of state! That's a little more democratic than one person bossing everyone else around. Besides, even if you're not THE leader, your opinions are still deeply respected so it shouldn't be too much of a step down right?"

• "As if ONE leader isn't oppressive enough!" says Konrad O'Bannon, a little known representative from one of Sdaeriji's more obscure counties. "Suddenly we need even more? This is a great opportunity for Sdaeriji to lose elitist concepts like 'leaders'. My ma taught me that all men are born equal and yet even in a modern country like this one person can be named Lord and King of everything. One person should not have that much power! Government policy should be the equal responsibility of all Sdaeriji's elected politicians."

• "If we did that, even some crackpot quango would have the same power as the Minister of Defence," argues Stephanie Washington, who happens to be the Minister of Defence. "That's insane. We need strong leadership' to get things accomplished! Have you ever been in a meeting where everyone's opinion is, ugh, 'equal'? They go on for HOURS. HOURS! Believe me, trying to run a government that way will be a massive, fruitless headache. The leader's word is law, and if people don't get that then maybe a little show of strength courtesy of the military wouldn't go amiss."

That's the issue. What I'd like to know is whether any of the responses besides the obvious first response activate the leader naming option. It seems like only the first one, but I wouldn't be opposed to the description reading "Supreme Evil Overlord For Life <insert name here>".
Farnhamia wrote:What part of the four-letter word "Rules" are you having trouble with?
Farnhamia wrote:four-letter word "Rules"

Tantranesi
Attaché

Founded: Feb 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Tantranesi » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:57 pm

It is true. You can update the name of your capital city.

Fighter4u
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 11, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Fighter4u » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:56 am

Sdaeriji wrote:
Tyrrin wrote:Shazbotom also had something for his leader. How do you get that?

Sdaeriji Decides:
Follow The Leader

The Issue
A lowly bureaucrat riffling through some old paperwork has happened across a rather alarming and disturbing fact: the documentation affirming yourself as Sdaeriji's head of state was filled out improperly and now, at least for the moment, Sdaeriji has no official leader!

The Debate

• "There is no need to panic," says Freddy Dredd, a senior archivist. "I've prepared a new document. All you need to do is sign across the dotted line and you will be our esteemed leader once again. Here! I've even brought a pen."

• "Give me that!" interrupts your brother, incorrigible as always. "I've got an idea, bear with me for a moment... a few penstrokes here... a few clauses there... finished. Now you can set yourself up as Supreme Evil Overlord For Life! If you don't have complete control then where's the fun? That's what I say. I've taken the liberty of cutting some of the more boring departments, we only really need the police and military in my opinion. Oh! You get a free space hopper too."

• "Hold on! Don't sign it yet! Have you ever heard the saying 'two heads are better than one'?" asks Johann Christmas, your Minister of Complicating Things. "Well, what if we had SEVERAL? I propose we gather the most senior ministers of Sdaeriji to act together as a collective head of state! That's a little more democratic than one person bossing everyone else around. Besides, even if you're not THE leader, your opinions are still deeply respected so it shouldn't be too much of a step down right?"

• "As if ONE leader isn't oppressive enough!" says Konrad O'Bannon, a little known representative from one of Sdaeriji's more obscure counties. "Suddenly we need even more? This is a great opportunity for Sdaeriji to lose elitist concepts like 'leaders'. My ma taught me that all men are born equal and yet even in a modern country like this one person can be named Lord and King of everything. One person should not have that much power! Government policy should be the equal responsibility of all Sdaeriji's elected politicians."

• "If we did that, even some crackpot quango would have the same power as the Minister of Defence," argues Stephanie Washington, who happens to be the Minister of Defence. "That's insane. We need strong leadership' to get things accomplished! Have you ever been in a meeting where everyone's opinion is, ugh, 'equal'? They go on for HOURS. HOURS! Believe me, trying to run a government that way will be a massive, fruitless headache. The leader's word is law, and if people don't get that then maybe a little show of strength courtesy of the military wouldn't go amiss."

That's the issue. What I'd like to know is whether any of the responses besides the obvious first response activate the leader naming option. It seems like only the first one, but I wouldn't be opposed to the description reading "Supreme Evil Overlord For Life <insert name here>".

I know the first two will. But the cool thing is depending on excatly what opotion you pick. More then the setting to name your leader will pop up. The second one took my tax rate from 100% to 02%, and reduced the government on my NS page to just the Minister of Defense. Also my economy rating went from Frightening to Strong. Those I still am in the top 200 of "Nation with the biggest whatever industy". So I guess it alright. I just never thought those issues would have such a huge effect on my nation. Neverless I like them alot.
[violet] wrote:Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.

About the U.S invading Canada.
New Manvir wrote:
greed and death wrote:Kill the commies, seize all banking assets.

Well, knowing America's sense of Geography, we'll have you guys marching into the Gulf of Mexico before you realize you've made a mistake.

Mallorea and Riva should resign.

MODERATORS READ YOUR TG's WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION.

Rejistania
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Rejistania » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:07 am

Sdaeriji wrote:That's the issue. What I'd like to know is whether any of the responses besides the obvious first response activate the leader naming option. It seems like only the first one, but I wouldn't be opposed to the description reading "Supreme Evil Overlord For Life <insert name here>".

The council one does not change the national description except for the issues paragraph. I would have liked it to change the first one as well. Like this: The Unified Federal Republic of Rejistania is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by the Federal Council with a fair hand, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space. Its hard-nosed, hard-working population of 12.553 billion enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases
Last edited by Rejistania on Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rejis sjiki, linux sjiki, alari sjiki, korona sjiki!
Forever united, forever free, forever in justice, forever prospering!

"Tekneluru mi'aru mi aji, il'sidekhir'ra mi, lajistas. Mi'ki'vasu kynha'het kijitax." Hank͜hila Sede, first lentine (translation: A dream is only a dream until it is reached. After that, it becomes something trivial)

Headlines from the Na~ovi Nanti: Hetkali election ended in no candidate over 2% hurdle - Syku I Jai fired as coach of Aetaila Seli, youth coach Hea I Juien takes over reins of club - Rising number of fairy penguins in Sumumusumu and neighboring islands

This person is pro-EU and proud of it! They are also a Eurofederalist and want the Federated States of Europe!

Iglesian Archipelago
Minister

Founded: Jun 16, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Iglesian Archipelago » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:29 am

What options will make us designing our national capital, please?

Romanar
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 15, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Romanar » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:09 pm

I've gotten the leader and the religion issues. :) Still waiting for the capital one.

Previous

Return to Technical