NATION

PASSWORD

[Ques + Sugg] Facepalm emoji + New emoji suggestions

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
User avatar
Kshemarashtram
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 376
Founded: Mar 30, 2026
Autocratic Socialists

[Ques + Sugg] Facepalm emoji + New emoji suggestions

Postby Kshemarashtram » Sat Sep 19, 2026 7:48 pm

Why can't I see the facepalm emoji in the list of emojis? Indeed, clicking on "view more smilies" shows me no new emojis. There could be so many more possible emojis to express the vast array of expressions that the human race is fortunate to have been blessed with. So, more emojis, please?

Suggestions: Thumbs up/down, thinking, confused, blushing, crying, skull, bouquet, fire, unamused, and I maintain, facepalm (just to name a few)
Last edited by Kshemarashtram on Sat Sep 19, 2026 9:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Note: This nation is not socialist. Read about this misleading nation classification.
AtaHana wrote:Adults are just kids who think they've grown up

User avatar
MLM China
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 3
Founded: Aug 23, 2026
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby MLM China » Sat Sep 19, 2026 7:53 pm

They removed it a few years back. If I could find the initial link to the thread, I'd link it, but alas, I can't.
Last edited by MLM China on Sat Sep 19, 2026 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Kshemarashtram
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 376
Founded: Mar 30, 2026
Autocratic Socialists

Postby Kshemarashtram » Sat Sep 19, 2026 7:54 pm

MLM China wrote:They removed it a few years back.

Why though?! That might be the most apt emoji for numerous occasions on this forum.
Note: This nation is not socialist. Read about this misleading nation classification.
AtaHana wrote:Adults are just kids who think they've grown up

User avatar
Llan
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 196
Founded: Nov 06, 2025
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Llan » Sat Sep 19, 2026 7:55 pm

Kshemarashtram wrote:
MLM China wrote:They removed it a few years back.

Why though?! That might be the most apt emoji for numerous occasions on this forum.

It was used for spam historically.
Former Governor of Bananalandia Supreme, enemy of the Greater World coexistence Sphere.
Windows 7 ultimate is the best.

If you can read this, you don’t need glasses

User avatar
MLM China
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 3
Founded: Aug 23, 2026
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby MLM China » Sat Sep 19, 2026 7:57 pm

iirc, someone got in trouble with the mods once for using it in a troll-like fashion, and someone promptly responded "why not just ban the emoji altogether if you won't let it be used as intended"? (or something along those lines). The mods took that to heart.

User avatar
Kshemarashtram
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 376
Founded: Mar 30, 2026
Autocratic Socialists

Postby Kshemarashtram » Sat Sep 19, 2026 8:03 pm

Ha, I see, thanks guys. Well, to that decision, *facepalm*.

I must also ask, are the tech folks open to the idea of creating more emojis? It will serve to showcase the full range of the beauty of human expression, and indeed, provide apt emojis for a wider range of scenarios. There could be some for thumbs up/down, thinking, blushing, the indomitable skull emoji, just to name a few.
Note: This nation is not socialist. Read about this misleading nation classification.
AtaHana wrote:Adults are just kids who think they've grown up

User avatar
Kuromistan
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6651
Founded: Mar 24, 2026
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kuromistan » Sat Sep 19, 2026 8:05 pm

Kshemarashtram wrote:Ha, I see, thanks guys. Well, to that decision, *facepalm*.

I must also ask, are the tech folks open to the idea of creating more emojis? It will serve to showcase the full range of the beauty of human expression, and indeed, provide apt emojis for a wider range of scenarios. There could be some for thumbs up/down, thinking, blushing, the indomitable skull emoji, just to name a few.

Crying is another one that I feel would get much use here
...✨ Visit Kuromistan, we're cozy and comfy and chill AF ✨ ...
MT w/ more EVs and less AI | Pacifist, anti-gun, anti-WMD | Urban areas inspired by Japan | Rural areas inspired by Scandinavia
Economic Left/Right: -5.0 | Social Lib/Auth: -4.46 | Civ Class: 1.33 | Canon population: 10 million + (NS population/10000)
More Nation Info | TET Gender Factbook | KEEP AI OUT OF NS
To anyone reading this: May you always be the recipient of the kindness you show others

User avatar
Kshemarashtram
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 376
Founded: Mar 30, 2026
Autocratic Socialists

Postby Kshemarashtram » Sat Sep 19, 2026 8:13 pm

Kuromistan wrote:Crying is another one that I feel would get much use here

Good suggestion :)
I edited the OP to add some suggestions.
Note: This nation is not socialist. Read about this misleading nation classification.
AtaHana wrote:Adults are just kids who think they've grown up

User avatar
Luna Amore
Issues Moderator
 
Posts: 17038
Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Sat Sep 19, 2026 8:23 pm

MLM China wrote:They removed it a few years back. If I could find the initial link to the thread, I'd link it, but alas, I can't.

I got you.
"The reason I want you to get better at chess isn't for you, isn't so you're proud of yourself, and your friends are proud of you, and you did something with your life. It's so you can understand better how bad f4 is." - Ben Finegold

User avatar
Phydios
Minister
 
Posts: 2687
Founded: Dec 06, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Phydios » Sun Sep 20, 2026 4:13 am

Luna Amore wrote:
MLM China wrote:They removed it a few years back. If I could find the initial link to the thread, I'd link it, but alas, I can't.

I got you.

...I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for harassing [violet] over her removal of that emoji from the list. I know it was ten years ago (I have no memory of protesting her action), and apparently my behavior was not found actionable, but I cannot think of any reason why I was so invested in being able to use that emoji. Apparently I thought [violet]'s decision was ridiculous back then, but now it's only my own behavior that seems ridiculous. Sorry.
If you claim to be religious but don’t control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless. Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. | Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’
James 1:26-27, Matthew 7:21-23

User avatar
Sectiyera
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 459
Founded: Oct 27, 2025
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Sectiyera » Sun Sep 20, 2026 8:13 pm

At this point the devteam might as well add unicode emoji support into the forum engine (but retain the gif-based system to keep existing posts from getting fucked up).
Last edited by Sectiyera on Sun Sep 20, 2026 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gürekj-Sektijeriva! (Glory to Sectiyera!)
Eating cement is good for you

Founded 1932. The most powerful nation in the Balkans. World-renowned airforce and special ops. NATO member state. Participated in NATO strikes against Serbia, Desert Storm, Desert Shield, Iraqi Freedom, and Enduring Freedom. Current year: 2026.
Class 2 civilization. (?)
Stats note: NationStates stats are not canon. Refer to factbooks or contact me directly.
British Columbian living in North Carolina. Boy. Computer geek, especially when it comes to hardware. Wikipedia editor (User:TheBrokenHDD). Stargate fan. Subaru hater. Right-wing. FREE ISRAEL.


Ask an OOC question | Request an English to Sectiyeran translation | earshit.

User avatar
Kshemarashtram
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 376
Founded: Mar 30, 2026
Autocratic Socialists

Postby Kshemarashtram » Sun Sep 27, 2026 11:07 am

Can I expect tech folks to offer some snark thoughts on my suggestions?

And why was facepalm actually removed? Surely people "misusing" it can't be it, and as for spam, well, every single emoji can be spammed. (edit: hope this doesn't give you the idea to remove all of them though...)
Last edited by Kshemarashtram on Sun Sep 27, 2026 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Note: This nation is not socialist. Read about this misleading nation classification.
AtaHana wrote:Adults are just kids who think they've grown up

User avatar
Might Delete Later
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6726
Founded: Apr 05, 2025
Anarchy

Postby Might Delete Later » Sun Sep 27, 2026 11:09 am

Kshemarashtram wrote:Can I expect tech folks to offer some snark thoughts on my suggestions?

And why was facepalm actually removed? Surely people "misusing" it can't be it, and as for spam, well, every single emoji can be spammed.

Adding onto this, wouldn't the people spamming just move onto another one to spam? For example, :rofl:

User avatar
Kshemarashtram
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 376
Founded: Mar 30, 2026
Autocratic Socialists

Postby Kshemarashtram » Mon Sep 28, 2026 10:09 am

import nationstates_tech_folks
import Scanner
{
target: this_thread
{
objective: offer_thoughts_on_suggestion
String thoughts=scanner.nextLine()
if suggestion="good"
int snarkLevel = 0
else int snarkLevel = 100
String snark.variablebysnarkLevel

System.out.println(thoughts)
System.out.println(snark) }}
Note: This nation is not socialist. Read about this misleading nation classification.
AtaHana wrote:Adults are just kids who think they've grown up


Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Isenoka, La Xinga, Sweeze, Taustria

Advertisement

Remove ads