NATION

PASSWORD

Let's talk about the World.

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:13 am

For the banner, I'd definitely agree with Minoa's suggestion of having the banner of flags instead of what seems to be the US/Mexican border: I think it is much more inclusive than the wall, and it describes what the world is: a bunch of nations all together, even if they all live in their own little regions.

As for the The world contains x nations and regions text, I would much prefer option #2: it does not really describe anything beyond "The world contains $A nations in $B regions," unlike the WA page where it provides some useful information about what the WA does, and so I think it would be better to not bother including the formatting.

The search bar would be a good idea, especially because it would make it easier to determine if X region exists before using the name for your own planned region.
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Vylixan
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 19, 2006
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Vylixan » Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:36 pm

Haganham wrote:
Pogaria wrote:
    The World
  • Mostly Harmless
  • May contain nuts
  • Lockdown-free since 2023
  • Population estimates may be wildly exaggerated
  • Now hotter than ever
  • Not destroyed yet, but we're working on that
  • Formerly known as Max Barry's Gaudy Gallery of Government Goof-ups and Fantastic Flag Fails

Having just a list of these that the game pulls from randomly when the page loads would be fun.

I would love that, feels very Minecraft inspired, but works very well for NS as well!

Eluvatar
Director of Technology

Founded: Mar 31, 2006
New York Times Democracy

Postby Eluvatar » Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:02 pm

We could perhaps say "Formerly known as Jennifer Government World" as one of the flavor texts.
To Serve and Protect: UDL

Eluvatar - Taijitu member

Minoa
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Minoa » Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:05 pm

Pogaria wrote:
Chingis wrote:Currently, I am in need of a nice piece of text to put as flavour text (instead of 'This is some text for the world'). This would have to be snappy, clean, and maybe a bit witty in classic NS style.

The World
  • Mostly Harmless
  • May contain nuts
  • Now hotter than ever
  • Formerly known as Max Barry's Gaudy Gallery of Government Goof-ups and Fantastic Flag Fails

I think I would just drop the motto, because (1) there is no guarantee that it will age well, and (2) things are better off being kept simple, and I think the World page falls into that category.
Mme A. d'Oiseau, B.A. (State of Minoa)

PodracingFan
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 09, 2023
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby PodracingFan » Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:09 pm

Minoa wrote:
Pogaria wrote:
    The World
  • Mostly Harmless
  • May contain nuts
  • Now hotter than ever

I think I would just drop the motto, because (1) there is no guarantee that it will age well, and (2) things are better off being kept simple, and I think the World page falls into that category.

Other similar pages have a motto, though, such as the World Assembly page. I do agree that we should avoid any that would age poorly, this list by Frisbeeteria at first glance seems like they would age well.

As for the banner image, I think having various landscape-y and architecture-y photos, such as the ones present in the banners for nations, would look good if they cycled between them slowly, fading between photos.

Haganham
Minister

Founded: Aug 17, 2021
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Haganham » Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:07 pm

Eluvatar wrote:We could perhaps say "Formerly known as Jennifer Government World" as one of the flavor texts.

That reminds me, gotta have a few references to NS2

• Back under old managment
  • Absolutely no sequels

also
  • Not intended for high speed use
Last edited by Haganham on Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Imagine reading a signature, but over the course of it the quality seems to deteriorate and it gets wose an wose, where the swenetence stwucture and gwammer rewerts to a pwoint of uttew non swence, an u jus dont wanna wead it anymwore (o´ω`o) awd twa wol owdewl iws jus awfwul (´・ω・`);. bwt tw sinawtur iwswnwt obwer nyet, it gwos own an own an own an own. uwu wanyaa stwop weadwing bwut uwu cwant stop wewding, uwu stwartd thwis awnd ur gwoing two fwinibsh it nowo mwattew wat! uwu hab mwoxie kwiddowo, bwut uwu wibl gwib ub sowon. i cwan wite wike dis fwor owors, swo dwont cwalengbe mii..

… wbats dis??? uwu awe stwill weedinb mwie sinatwr?? uwu habe awot ob detewemwinyanyatiom!! 。◕‿◕。! u habve comopweedid tha signwtr, good job!

Previous

Return to Technical