NATION

PASSWORD

How is the budget defined?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Zakrya
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 24, 2021
Ex-Nation

How is the budget defined?

Postby Zakrya » Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:50 pm

I recently started wondering what my country's government budget would be, as NS only shows government spending, so I would like to ask here if anyone knows any method or way to "define" or "find" government spending in NS? if you have any suggestions please reply in this post.

Umbratellus
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 22, 2021
Tyranny by Majority

Postby Umbratellus » Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:30 am

There isn't really a "budget" stat separate from government spending; there is no surplus or deficits - the game treats you more or less as being precisely balanced. There may be issues about various departments being underfunded, but to my knowledge no issue yet exists about the broader government itself running a surplus or deficit. You can essentially treat the government expenditure stat as your national budget. As for what makes up the government spending stat itself; it's pieced together from the various sub-stats like defense or business subsidization. Your total GDP is pieced together from all government spending areas combined with the value of all national industries (like tourism or mining). Your final GDP is then the combined government + industries multiplied by your population (the precise formula of which I do not know). I hope that helps!
Last edited by Umbratellus on Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:39 am, edited 3 times in total.

Zakrya
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 24, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Zakrya » Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:08 pm

Umbratellus wrote:There isn't really a "budget" stat separate from government spending; there is no surplus or deficits - the game treats you more or less as being precisely balanced. There may be issues about various departments being underfunded, but to my knowledge no issue yet exists about the broader government itself running a surplus or deficit. You can essentially treat the government expenditure stat as your national budget. As for what makes up the government spending stat itself; it's pieced together from the various sub-stats like defense or business subsidization. Your total GDP is pieced together from all government spending areas combined with the value of all national industries (like tourism or mining). Your final GDP is then the combined government + industries multiplied by your population (the precise formula of which I do not know). I hope that helps!

thanks!

Return to Technical