NATION

PASSWORD

The Quincentenary Archive/Martial Repositories - v1.4.3

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Diarcesia
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 21, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

The Quincentenary Archive/Martial Repositories - v1.4.3

Postby Diarcesia » Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:37 pm

https://canineanimal.github.io/Quincentenary-Archive/pages/

The Quincentenary Archive is a sophisticated, open-source archive of threads in the Forum 7 board that have fallen into disuse or reached the page limit, as prior to their deletion. Archives prior to August 2022 are obtained from "Project Langolier-Proofing" -- my thanks to Valentine Z for making this happen. Suggestions for improvement in the relevant GitHub repository are appreciated!

The Quincentenary Archive is made up of three archives -- the HTML Archive, the PDF Archive, and the JSON Archive. Archives prior to mid-2022 may be woefully incomplete.

The HTML Archive saves each page of a thread in webpage format. Spoilers are usable in the HTML Archive. Links are displayed, but links between pages of now-deleted threads will be dysfunctional if the archive was made before mid-May 2023. In addition, linked pages and images are not themselves saved -- older archives may therefore be woefully unformatted or contain dead links.

The PDF Archive saves each page of a thread in PDF format. No formatting is lost, as images and formatting are copied onto the PDF archive. Links are also kept, although they may be dead or link to pages that no longer exist. Links between pages of now-deleted threads will be dysfunctional if the archive was made before mid-May 2023. Spoilers will not function.

The JSON Archive forms a singular database of each thread saved. This archive is intended to be computer-readable, but not for raw human reading. Enter at the peril of your sanity. The JSON Archive saves the title, locked status, and shorthand in the Archive for each thread, in addition to each post in said thread -- specifically the forum ID of the poster, the poster's nation name, and the post's ID.

In addition to the above, there exists a "Link Search" tool in the homepage, which, if you have a link to a Forum 7 thread, page or post, will search to see if that link is archived in the HTML Archives, and if it is, open that link in the HTML Archives.

All archivals are manual, and subject to my human discretion. To that end, while I will try my best to archive threads that meet these criteria as they do, to guarantee that a thread will be archived, I need to be alerted to it preferably by telegram here. I will usually only archive a thread if it is at the 500 page limit, has been remade due to approaching the limit, or has become unusable for another reason -- eg a counting thread reaching "0" -- but remains significant (GENERALLY, having 50+ pages). However, other archival requests of significant threads nearing their end of life may be made, even though I cannot guarantee their acceptance.

Note that while threads will obviously be saved within one week, they are only uploaded to the Archive whenever I feel like it. That a thread is not on the Archive does not necessarily mean that I have not saved it.

-----
As of May 2023, this project also includes The Martial Repositories, which instead of saving F7 threads is for saving threads in the various roleplay boards (N&IR + P2TM). The criteria for a thread to be saved for the Martial Repositories is less stringent than for the Quincentenary Archives; I am happy to archive a thread regardless of whether it has been finished, as long as the roleplay is substantial; for example, godmoddy one-liner roleplay will not be archived, nor will two posts with no substantial storyline; and more than one player has posted in the thread. Archival requests are also subject to my own discretion.

Have fun!
Last edited by The Ice States on Sun Jun 25, 2023 1:38 pm, edited 29 times in total.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015

Postby Valentine Z » Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:36 pm

Adding my own thoughts and that yes, I am in full-favor of this project and looking forward to it, as well as helping contribute and run my own archives. ♥

I realise that PDFs are not working as intended, but that's okay. I still have the original HTMLs, I will send them out as ZIPs.
Last edited by Valentine Z on Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

The Orwell Society
Minister

Founded: Apr 16, 2022
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Orwell Society » Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:40 am

This is quite an interesting project… can't wait to see what comes of it!
The Orwell Society
Straight Male | Political Alignment: Centrist leaning conservative | NSGP Alignment: Independent | Proud Wellspringer, join The Wellspring today!

A vision without action is just a daydream

The Ice States
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jun 23, 2022
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby The Ice States » Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:10 pm

The Quincentenary Archive is no longer in beta, and v1.0 has now been released! However, I still strongly appreciate suggestions for improvement in the relevant GitHub repository (or here).
Factbooks · 46x World Assembly Author · Festering Snakepit Wiki · WACampaign · GA Stat Effects Data

Posts in the WA forums are Ooc and unofficial, absent indication otherwise.
Please check out my roleplay thread The Battle of Glass Tears!
WA 101 Guides to GA authorship, campaigning, and more.

Cataleenia
Envoy

Founded: Apr 11, 2022
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Cataleenia » Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:52 pm

The Ice States wrote:The Quincentenary Archive is no longer in beta, and v1.0 has now been released! However, I still strongly appreciate suggestions for improvement in the relevant GitHub repository (or here).

Maybe all of the thread archive requests either go here or on the issues page of the QA-Archives repository?
WARNING! I am bri’ish, do NOT come within a 50m radius without protection.
they/them
[violet] wrote:Urggg... trawling through ads looking for roman orgies...
[violet] wrote:lol
Hispida wrote:english is a rather tough language. you can learn it through tough thorough thought, though.
Armeattla wrote:You know, watching a personality cult live is pretty fun.
Racoda wrote:
Kuraiva wrote:IS THIS dumpster fire APRIL FOOLS UPDATE or something permanent!?
Nothing is permanent.

The Ice States
GA Secretariat

Postby The Ice States » Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:58 pm

Cataleenia wrote:
The Ice States wrote:The Quincentenary Archive is no longer in beta, and v1.0 has now been released! However, I still strongly appreciate suggestions for improvement in the relevant GitHub repository (or here).

Maybe all of the thread archive requests either go here or on the issues page of the QA-Archives repository?

I would indeed prefer archive requests be here or by telegram to me.
Factbooks · 46x World Assembly Author · Festering Snakepit Wiki · WACampaign · GA Stat Effects Data

The Ice States
GA Secretariat

Postby The Ice States » Sat May 27, 2023 2:18 pm

I have now introduced The Martial Repositories as a twin project to the Quincentenary Archive. This may be found at https://canineanimal.github.io/Quincentenary-Archive/martialarchives/pages/!

The Martial Repositories are designed to save threads in the various roleplay forums (N&IR + P2TM); and operate from the same repository as the Quincentenary Archive. The criteria for a thread to be saved for the Martial Repositories is less stringent than for the Quincentenary Archives; I am happy to archive a thread regardless of whether it has been finished subject to my own discretion, as long as,
  • the roleplay is substantial; for example, godmoddy one-liner roleplay will not be archived, nor will two posts with no substantial storyline; and

• more than one player has posted in the thread; if this is not the case, please just save your posts yourself.

The Ice States
GA Secretariat

Postby The Ice States » Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:33 pm

As I haven't been very active in maintaining it lately, I have decided to transfer custody of this project to Diarcesia, who will now be responsible for uploading threads and maintaining the code etc. If you want a thread archived you should contact them.
Last edited by The Ice States on Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015

Postby Valentine Z » Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:50 pm

Congratulations ! I will look forward to your career with great interest. ♥

(In the meantime, I do have repositories I have to post; I have archived a few but I keep putting off uploading. /shameless-plug)
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical