NATION

PASSWORD

[Q] Theme short cuts?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Trivalve
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 17, 2021
Left-wing Utopia

[Q] Theme short cuts?

Postby Trivalve » Wed May 25, 2022 8:53 pm

I was typing on the NS site when I must have accidently clicked a specific combination of keys as my homepage theme changed randomly to antiquity. So my question is, are there keyboard short cuts for changing the theme or was this some random glitch?
Minister of On-Site Events the South Pacific, Delegates Advisory Council the South Pacific, Founder and Head ISO of Crimson Spire, former Local Councillor of the South Pacific, Creator and Head of the Regional Development program, former Deputy Councillor of the South Pacific.

Phydios
Minister

Founded: Dec 06, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Phydios » Wed May 25, 2022 8:58 pm

Trivalve wrote:I was typing on the NS site when I must have accidently clicked a specific combination of keys as my homepage theme changed randomly to antiquity. So my question is, are there keyboard short cuts for changing the theme or was this some random glitch?

If memory serves, there is a hidden "Switch to best theme for screen readers" link at the top of every page. Since it's only there for the use of visually impaired players, it's invisible to visual readers.

It is possible that you selected and clicked this link with your keyboard. That's the only explanation I can think of.
If you claim to be religious but don’t control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless. Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. | Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’
James 1:26-27, Matthew 7:21-23

Myuri
Lobbyist

Founded: May 13, 2022
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Myuri » Thu May 26, 2022 12:25 am

Phydios wrote:
Trivalve wrote:I was typing on the NS site when I must have accidently clicked a specific combination of keys as my homepage theme changed randomly to antiquity. So my question is, are there keyboard short cuts for changing the theme or was this some random glitch?

If memory serves, there is a hidden "Switch to best theme for screen readers" link at the top of every page. Since it's only there for the use of visually impaired players, it's invisible to visual readers.

It is possible that you selected and clicked this link with your keyboard. That's the only explanation I can think of.

For example, if you click in the URL bar, then TAB once (progresses to next thing you can click), then hit enter... you end up on antiquity.nationstates.net!

Trivalve
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 17, 2021
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Trivalve » Thu May 26, 2022 4:16 am

That's actually kinda cool, I did have to hit tab more then once though but still cool
Minister of On-Site Events the South Pacific, Delegates Advisory Council the South Pacific, Founder and Head ISO of Crimson Spire, former Local Councillor of the South Pacific, Creator and Head of the Regional Development program, former Deputy Councillor of the South Pacific.

Return to Technical