NATION

PASSWORD

[Q] Any way to link to threads without copy and pasting?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
The Orwell Society
Minister

Founded: Apr 16, 2022
Psychotic Dictatorship

[Q] Any way to link to threads without copy and pasting?

Postby The Orwell Society » Sun May 22, 2022 10:27 am

Hello.

I play NS mostly on a kindle paperwhite, which has a very simple browser and doesn't allow me to copy and paste. Is there any way to link forum threads without copy and pasting? Thank you.
The Orwell Society
Straight Male | Political Alignment: Centrist leaning conservative | NSGP Alignment: Independent | Proud Wellspringer, join The Wellspring today!

A vision without action is just a daydream

Phydios
Minister

Founded: Dec 06, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Phydios » Sun May 22, 2022 1:13 pm

The Orwell Society wrote:Hello.

I play NS mostly on a kindle paperwhite, which has a very simple browser and doesn't allow me to copy and paste. Is there any way to link forum threads without copy and pasting? Thank you.

A link is just a string of text. If you want to include that string in a message and can't copy-paste it, your only option is to type it in manually. Which is a pain, I know.

Might I suggest looking for a cheap tablet with a modern browser? Since the Paperwhite is designed to read e-books, it's not going to give you a very good Web experience, no matter what you try.
Last edited by Phydios on Sun May 22, 2022 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you claim to be religious but don’t control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless. Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. | Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’
James 1:26-27, Matthew 7:21-23

The Orwell Society
Minister

Founded: Apr 16, 2022
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Orwell Society » Sun May 22, 2022 1:16 pm

Phydios wrote:
The Orwell Society wrote:Hello.

A link is just a string of text. If you want to include that string in a message and can't copy-paste it, your only option is to type it in manually. Which is a pain, I know.

Might I suggest looking for a cheap tablet with a modern browser? Since the Paperwhite is designed to read e-books, it's not going to give you a very good Web experience, no matter what you try.

I'm saving up for a phone. Thank you
The Orwell Society
Straight Male | Political Alignment: Centrist leaning conservative | NSGP Alignment: Independent | Proud Wellspringer, join The Wellspring today!

A vision without action is just a daydream

Return to Technical