NATION

PASSWORD

[IDEA]new tag: anti-rashist

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Archinstinct
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 21, 2021
Left-Leaning College State

[IDEA]new tag: anti-rashist

Postby Archinstinct » Sat May 21, 2022 4:55 pm

As defined by wikipedia.

As written in the title I'd like to request a tag called 'anti-rashist' for everybody who's opposed to A) the current government of Russia and the ideology of Rashism and B) skin rashes ('B' is a joke.)
Last edited by Archinstinct on Sat May 21, 2022 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't care, didn't ask.
Still a member of NAFO, because I enjoy drinking the tears of neo-nazi russian terrorists and their supporters.
Deblar wrote:If even Switzerland is opposing your imperialist invasion, you know you've fucked up

The Orwell Society
Minister

Founded: Apr 16, 2022
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Orwell Society » Sat May 21, 2022 4:57 pm

I was about to pull out the ol' spelling guns… now, I just awkwardly walk away…
The Orwell Society
Straight Male | Political Alignment: Centrist leaning conservative | NSGP Alignment: Independent | Proud Wellspringer, join The Wellspring today!

A vision without action is just a daydream

PhilTech
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 29, 2020
Capitalist Paradise

Postby PhilTech » Sun May 22, 2022 2:25 am

Archinstinct wrote:As defined by wikipedia.

As written in the title I'd like to request a tag called 'anti-rashist' for everybody who's opposed to A) the current government of Russia and the ideology of Rashism and B) skin rashes ('B' is a joke.)

You're referring to region tags right? If so I found it too specific that it becomes too trivial, not quite popular I suppose. There is already a 'snarky' tag that kinda encompasses that.

For me personally? I would like a 'Biopunk' tag but then again I think it's too trivial.

The Orwell Society wrote:I was about to pull out the ol' spelling guns… now, I just awkwardly walk away…

lol

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Sun May 22, 2022 4:38 am

The Orwell Society wrote:I was about to pull out the ol' spelling guns… now, I just awkwardly walk away…

I would agree that this proposed name is confusing. Before I read the OP, I believed that "anti-rashist" was a portmanteau of "anti-racist" and "anti-fascist."

In addition, an "Anti-Rashist" tag was never added in response to whatever on earth has been going on with the domestic anti-Putin movement in recent years. Nor have tags been made available to allow regions to express opposition to the governments of...
Azerbaijan (in response to last year's skirmish)
PR China (in response to Hong Kong and Xinjiang)
Nicolas Maduro's Venezuela (for general socioeconomic incompetence)
Juan Guaido's Venezuela (for only being in "power" because the West said so, and generally having near-zero influence even within the opposition movement)
Texas (in response to Senate Bill 8 and whatever queerphobic laws the legislature's pumped out in recent years)
the United Kingdom (in response to their failure to hand over Diego Chagos - better known as the British Indian Ocean Territory, whose flag is available as a default real-world flag for nations - to Mauritius)
OR ANY OTHER GOVERNMENT THAT HAS EVER EXISTED

The last time the OP wanted the game to include a default, anti-Putin customisable field, Reppy said that "I don't really think we need to spend admin time adding a protest flag for a (hopefully brief) temporary conflict into the list of available defaults." Why should admin time be spent adding a (presumably permanent) tag in response to Russia vs Ukraine - not least a tag that, unlike any other tag that regional officers can use to describe their regions, expresses opposition to a real-world government?
Last edited by Tinhampton on Sun May 22, 2022 4:47 am, edited 4 times in total.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Sun May 22, 2022 5:09 am

We're not going to implement anything rash.
The Blaatschapen should resign

Haganham
Minister

Founded: Aug 17, 2021
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Haganham » Sun May 22, 2022 5:23 am

The Blaatschapen wrote:We're not going to implement anything rash.

I give this pun 3.5 stars.
Imagine reading a signature, but over the course of it the quality seems to deteriorate and it gets wose an wose, where the swenetence stwucture and gwammer rewerts to a pwoint of uttew non swence, an u jus dont wanna wead it anymwore (o´ω`o) awd twa wol owdewl iws jus awfwul (´・ω・`);. bwt tw sinawtur iwswnwt obwer nyet, it gwos own an own an own an own. uwu wanyaa stwop weadwing bwut uwu cwant stop wewding, uwu stwartd thwis awnd ur gwoing two fwinibsh it nowo mwattew wat! uwu hab mwoxie kwiddowo, bwut uwu wibl gwib ub sowon. i cwan wite wike dis fwor owors, swo dwont cwalengbe mii..

… wbats dis??? uwu awe stwill weedinb mwie sinatwr?? uwu habe awot ob detewemwinyanyatiom!! 。◕‿◕。! u habve comopweedid tha signwtr, good job!

Archinstinct
Diplomat

Postby Archinstinct » Sun May 22, 2022 1:07 pm

Don't be rash in the decision making. :p /pun

This is a region tag showing opposition to an ideology, NOT a specific government. Rashism is present in many countries, and regions with the tag will be saying "that's a very bad thing". One could group rashism under the "anti-fascist" tag but it's debatable. Moreover this is an ideology which has spurred one a new cold war. I think in this case that's significant enough to warrant it's own region tag.
Last edited by Archinstinct on Sun May 22, 2022 1:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Don't care, didn't ask.
Still a member of NAFO, because I enjoy drinking the tears of neo-nazi russian terrorists and their supporters.
Deblar wrote:If even Switzerland is opposing your imperialist invasion, you know you've fucked up

The Orwell Society
Minister

Founded: Apr 16, 2022
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Orwell Society » Sun May 22, 2022 1:09 pm

Four stars. Easy
The Orwell Society
Straight Male | Political Alignment: Centrist leaning conservative | NSGP Alignment: Independent | Proud Wellspringer, join The Wellspring today!

A vision without action is just a daydream

Sacred Earth
Lobbyist

Founded: May 17, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Sacred Earth » Sun May 22, 2022 1:11 pm

Meh. "Rashism" is not some kind of actually based construction, but a thing comparable to "Putinism", "Bidenism", or, for example, "Hortism".

There is no reason to single it out as something separate, if you are not a Ukrainian nationalist, of course

Archinstinct
Diplomat

Postby Archinstinct » Sun May 22, 2022 1:12 pm

Besides, what other term is there to express opposition to the weird collective of tankies, white nationalists, fascists/neo-nazis, russians/serbs/belrussians/hungarians that support russia, and authoritarians that all fall under the definition of rashism right now?
Last edited by Archinstinct on Sun May 22, 2022 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't care, didn't ask.

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Sun May 22, 2022 1:28 pm

Seems like anti-fascist covers it fine. The purpose of regional tags is not to get that granular, but to give new nations an simple way of finding like minded people. If we add a ton of specific tags like that, it becomes more cumbersome to use.
Last edited by Luna Amore on Sun May 22, 2022 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Archinstinct
Diplomat

Postby Archinstinct » Sun May 22, 2022 2:56 pm

Luna Amore wrote:Seems like anti-fascist covers it fine. The purpose of regional tags is not to get that granular, but to give new nations an simple way of finding like minded people. If we add a ton of specific tags like that, it becomes more cumbersome to use.

Gotcha.
Don't care, didn't ask.

Chalupionia
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 08, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Chalupionia » Sun May 22, 2022 2:59 pm

Why don't we just give people the ability to make their own tags?

Independent Cossack Ukraine
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 07, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Independent Cossack Ukraine » Sun May 22, 2022 3:00 pm

Archinstinct wrote:Besides, what other term is there to express opposition to the weird collective of tankies, white nationalists, fascists/neo-nazis, russians/serbs/belrussians/hungarians that support russia, and authoritarians that all fall under the definition of rashism right now?

Totally agree with you on that.

I'll take a new tag since Rashism is easily the most dangerous form of Fascism in the world currently in my opinion.

As someone who opposes Fascism, Communism, and Nazism in all their forms, no form of Fascism has support quite like Rashism in 2022. 100 years after Mussolini's March on Rome, we have a new Fascist power in the world: Putin's Russia. Putin's antics are the reason my family fled Western Ukraine 90 years ago (the side that lived there, not all of my family is from Western Ukraine).

Haganham
Minister

Founded: Aug 17, 2021
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Haganham » Sun May 22, 2022 3:14 pm

Chalupionia wrote:Why don't we just give people the ability to make their own tags?

Because tags are only useful if the person using them to search knows what they are
Imagine reading a signature, but over the course of it the quality seems to deteriorate and it gets wose an wose, where the swenetence stwucture and gwammer rewerts to a pwoint of uttew non swence, an u jus dont wanna wead it anymwore (o´ω`o) awd twa wol owdewl iws jus awfwul (´・ω・`);. bwt tw sinawtur iwswnwt obwer nyet, it gwos own an own an own an own. uwu wanyaa stwop weadwing bwut uwu cwant stop wewding, uwu stwartd thwis awnd ur gwoing two fwinibsh it nowo mwattew wat! uwu hab mwoxie kwiddowo, bwut uwu wibl gwib ub sowon. i cwan wite wike dis fwor owors, swo dwont cwalengbe mii..

… wbats dis??? uwu awe stwill weedinb mwie sinatwr?? uwu habe awot ob detewemwinyanyatiom!! 。◕‿◕。! u habve comopweedid tha signwtr, good job!

Independent Cossack Ukraine
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 07, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Independent Cossack Ukraine » Sun May 22, 2022 7:20 pm

Archinstinct wrote:Besides, what other term is there to express opposition to the weird collective of tankies, white nationalists, fascists/neo-nazis, russians/serbs/belrussians/hungarians that support russia, and authoritarians that all fall under the definition of rashism right now?

I still don't fully comprehend how that "unholy alliance" was forged...

Archinstinct
Diplomat

Postby Archinstinct » Wed May 25, 2022 4:58 pm

Independent Cossack Ukraine wrote:

I still don't fully comprehend how that "unholy alliance" was forged...

They're all gathered under the banner of authoritarianism and the allure of power.
Last edited by Archinstinct on Wed May 25, 2022 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't care, didn't ask.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical