NATION

PASSWORD

law making

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Dragon inc
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 26, 2022
Ex-Nation

law making

Postby Dragon inc » Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:20 pm

I think it would be a good idea if people could make laws for their nations by writing them in the legislation tab of their factbook. It should be able to use the same processes that translate world assembly use to apply the effects of laws on its nations but only to one. This improvement should allow players to influence their nations without having to wait for issues.

PAVLRT
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 25, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby PAVLRT » Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:22 pm

Dragon inc wrote:I think it would be a good idea if people could make laws for their nations by writing them in the legislation tab of their factbook. It should be able to use the same processes that translate world assembly use to apply the effects of laws on its nations but only to one. This improvement should allow players to influence their nations without having to wait for issues.

That does sound like a nice feature, but the thing is: Issues exist for a reason and they are a major part of gameplay.

Gandoor
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 23, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gandoor » Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:36 pm

That'd be:
- A. Far too complex to program

- B. Defeat the entire point of the issues and the fact that this game isn't a micromanagement game where you can precisely control how your nation develops
OOC - Call me Viola
IC Flag|Gandoor Wiki|Q&A|National Currency Database
Reminder that true left-wing politics are incompatible with imperialism, authoritarianism, totalitarianism, and dictatorship in all forms.
Flag is currently a Cinderace.
I'm transfeminine non-binary (but I don't mind or care if you refer to me as a woman).
She/They
27 years old
OOC Info
Twitter: @Sailor_Viola
Steam: Princess Viola
Mastodon: @princessviola@retro.pizza
TGs are welcome

Trivalve
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 17, 2021
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Trivalve » Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:40 pm

"This game isn't designed to be won" - Max Barry

Implementing this change is effectively allowing you to win the game by forging your nation exactly how you want it with out any problems.
Minister of On-Site Events the South Pacific, Delegates Advisory Council the South Pacific, Founder and Head ISO of Crimson Spire, former Local Councillor of the South Pacific, Creator and Head of the Regional Development program, former Deputy Councillor of the South Pacific.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:29 pm

You certainly can write down your nation's laws in a factbook, even though that won't affect your nation's stats: It can reasonably be presumed that every nation -- except, perhaps, the most extreme of anarchies -- already has a code of laws before it's player starts answering Issues, and having a list written out would give you a target to aim at with your issue-answering.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Return to Technical