NATION

PASSWORD

what were the name Changes

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Sheksozye
Civilian

Founded: Oct 19, 2021
Ex-Nation

what were the name Changes

Postby Sheksozye » Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:31 pm

I heard from somewhere else on the forum that in the history of the site admin has only ever changed the names of 2 nations because of extreme circumstances and I was wondering what those names were that would warrant going into the code and changing them (from as far as I know that's how that works)

Kaiserholt
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 04, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Kaiserholt » Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:59 pm

I've been on this site for several years, and don't recall this occurring. Is it possible that this is apocryphal?
"Hello, Masaki home. Oh, that sounds like if I were married to the family. How embarrassing. What do you think? Do you think it sounds that way?"

"I have been many things in my life, Mollari. I have been silly. I have been quiet when I should have spoken. I have been foolish. And I have wasted far too much time. But I am still Centauri. And I am not afraid."

"You are elevating futility to a high art. There is nothing you can do to prevent the catharsis of spurious morality."

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:55 pm

Kaiserholt wrote:I've been on this site for several years, and don't recall this occurring. Is it possible that this is apocryphal?

It is true and is no longer done because it is a MAJOR pain to do. I haven't asked the technical types but it is my understanding that the nation name is the primary key across all the databases, so changing that requires a huge amount of work.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:03 pm

It was also done because the names were made before the terms of service came into place. (AFAIK)

We are not going to do it in the modern situation. If the nation name is against our rules, we delete. No renaming will be done.
The Blaatschapen should resign

Return to Technical