NATION

PASSWORD

Seized the position vs. was elected

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Comfed
Minister

Founded: Apr 09, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Seized the position vs. was elected

Postby Comfed » Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:46 pm

So I’ve noticed that in the regional history page, nations are sometimes listed as being elected WA Delegate and sometimes listed as having seized the position. What’s the difference?

WayNeacTia
Senator

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby WayNeacTia » Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:56 pm

Comfed wrote:So I’ve noticed that in the regional history page, nations are sometimes listed as being elected WA Delegate and sometimes listed as having seized the position. What’s the difference?

Seized is when they take the delegacy from someone else. Elected is when there was no incumbent delegate at the time.
Sarcasm dispensed moderately.
RiderSyl wrote:You'd really think that defenders would communicate with each other about this. I know they're not a hivemind, but at least some level of PR skill would keep Quebecshire and Quebecshire from publically contradicting eac

wait

Comfed
Minister

Founded: Apr 09, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Comfed » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:03 pm

Wayneactia wrote:
Comfed wrote:So I’ve noticed that in the regional history page, nations are sometimes listed as being elected WA Delegate and sometimes listed as having seized the position. What’s the difference?

Seized is when they take the delegacy from someone else. Elected is when there was no incumbent delegate at the time.

I don’t think so, given happenings events like this:
130 days ago: The Retired Renegade of Francois Isidore elected WA Delegate (ending The Experimental Ideas of McMasterdonia's reign after 140 days).

Redbeard
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 29, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Redbeard » Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:36 pm

It looks like it is just a difference between which page the message is on. This region just had a delegate change and on the region happenings it says:
1 day 11 hours ago: The Holy Empire of Kasekaa replaced The Theocracy of Niichlo as WA Delegate.

On the region history page:
1 day 11 hours ago: The Holy Empire of Kasekaa elected WA Delegate (ending The Theocracy of Niichlo's reign).

On the delegate's nation page:
1 day 11 hours ago: Kasekaa seized the position of Nguh WA Delegate from The Theocracy of Niichlo.

Return to Technical