NATION

PASSWORD

[Suggestion] View thresholds for Top %'s on Trends

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Umbratellus
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 22, 2021
Tyranny by Majority

[Suggestion] View thresholds for Top %'s on Trends

Postby Umbratellus » Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:18 am

It occurred to me the other day that the ability to view what the thresholds for various percentages on the trends page could be useful for figuring out how much further you need to advance in a stat. For instance; with disposable income, I'm at 75 thousand (give or take a few dollars), but I have no idea how much higher I'd need to get it before I make it into the top 1% of the world. It would be nice to have an option that you can toggle that would demarcate where the top 10%, 5%, and 1% boundaries are. It'd be possible to figure out already by manually hunting nations down, but that's pretty impractical especially if you want to check multiple stats.

Here's an example to demonstrate kind of what I'm talking about.
Last edited by Umbratellus on Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Haganham
Minister

Founded: Aug 17, 2021
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Haganham » Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:30 am

if we're tracking these threseholds it wold be interesting to chart them the same way we do world averages, that way we could see how top loaded the state is and if that's changing.
Imagine reading a signature, but over the course of it the quality seems to deteriorate and it gets wose an wose, where the swenetence stwucture and gwammer rewerts to a pwoint of uttew non swence, an u jus dont wanna wead it anymwore (o´ω`o) awd twa wol owdewl iws jus awfwul (´・ω・`);. bwt tw sinawtur iwswnwt obwer nyet, it gwos own an own an own an own. uwu wanyaa stwop weadwing bwut uwu cwant stop wewding, uwu stwartd thwis awnd ur gwoing two fwinibsh it nowo mwattew wat! uwu hab mwoxie kwiddowo, bwut uwu wibl gwib ub sowon. i cwan wite wike dis fwor owors, swo dwont cwalengbe mii..

… wbats dis??? uwu awe stwill weedinb mwie sinatwr?? uwu habe awot ob detewemwinyanyatiom!! 。◕‿◕。! u habve comopweedid tha signwtr, good job!

Umbratellus
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 22, 2021
Tyranny by Majority

Postby Umbratellus » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:12 am

Haganham wrote:if we're tracking these threseholds it wold be interesting to chart them the same way we do world averages, that way we could see how top loaded the state is and if that's changing.

Yeah, that's actually a really good idea that hadn't even occurred to me. Even nicer would be the ability to switch between the two; view it either as an absolute threshold (like my picture) or as a long-term trend.

Return to Technical