NATION

PASSWORD

Unable to upload a gif as a flag through settings

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Soviet Progonya
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Unable to upload a gif as a flag through settings

Postby Soviet Progonya » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:06 am

Decided to do a gif edit of my current flag. Tried to upload it through settings (nation flag> custom flag) but it's not working. When I click custom flag, it works, but as soon as I click "sumbit flag" it stops working. I actually have no idea if it's not uploading the gif at all (the first frame of the new flag and the old flag were almost identical) or if its only playing the first frame of the gif file. Here is what the new flag is btw: https://imgur.com/a/oVbAgyD

Anyone run into this problem before or know how to fix it?
Erik | Male | Russian | Christian | Mixed Race
I'm into TF2, Madness Combat, art, animating,
Hotline Miami, competitive rifle shooting.
My art account My animations My fan project
Trans rights and racial equality are based
Current affairs:
In love with Splatoon, it's an amazing game,
Watching Better Call Saul and in love,
Testosterone enjoyer ever since 24/03,
Learning blender and 3D modelling
A post-apocalyptic nation located entirely within a megastructure amidst a burning Earth, in a world where reality barely holds together and magic arises from the cracks.

Innatist with a side of virtue epistemology, slightly utilitarian with hedonist characteristics, not smart enough to understand economics

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:09 am

So after downloading, I see that it is under 150 kB, that's good. However, it's 428 x 268, slightly a bit above "Animated GIFs are possible if the filesize is under 150kB and the image fits within 321x213 pixels."

See if you can shrink it a tad. ^^;
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Kiu Ghesik
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 25, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Kiu Ghesik » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:09 am

The issue is that the gif is too large. If you go to the upload flag page and click on the text reading "Technical details..." you'll see this:

Animated GIFs are possible if the filesize is under 150kB and the image fits within 321x213 pixels. So you can have a small animated GIF so long as the filesize isn't too big. In this case, the animation will only run on your nation's home page.

So, you'll need to resize the gif to be within those size limitations. Ezgif is my preferred site for doing so.

Ope, Val beat me to it.
Last edited by Kiu Ghesik on Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brief
Caller
Clans
Strife
Words
Faith

 ✵  THE GREAT KIU - EJADRIR DEGHEU GIYEF KHUDEYVH. ✵ 

Questions | Soon | Nomadwave
✵ A newly-birthed confederation of insular nomadic clansmen struggling to remain a local great power in the face of their expanding foes. May or may not be united by worship of an eldritch mother-goddess. Now with extra align=center!

✵ ooc: i dont exist
She's loyal, smol, ready to rol. Big big bowl, full of rol. Smol rol, big bowl. Cinny rol, big bowl, smol rol.

Soviet Progonya
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Progonya » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:12 am

Valentine Z wrote:So after downloading, I see that it is under 150 kB, that's good. However, it's 428 x 268, slightly a bit above "Animated GIFs are possible if the filesize is under 150kB and the image fits within 321x213 pixels."

See if you can shrink it a tad. ^^;

Thank you, I will try that
Also ty for reply so quickly, genuinely did not expect to receive help this fast :)
Current affairs:
A post-apocalyptic nation located entirely within a megastructure amidst a burning Earth, in a world where reality barely holds together and magic arises from the cracks.

Innatist with a side of virtue epistemology, slightly utilitarian with hedonist characteristics, not smart enough to understand economics

Soviet Progonya
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Progonya » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:13 am

Kiu Ghesik wrote:The issue is that the gif is too large. If you go to the upload flag page and click on the text reading "Technical details..." you'll see this:

Animated GIFs are possible if the filesize is under 150kB and the image fits within 321x213 pixels. So you can have a small animated GIF so long as the filesize isn't too big. In this case, the animation will only run on your nation's home page.

So, you'll need to resize the gif to be within those size limitations. Ezgif is my preferred site for doing so.

Ope, Val beat me to it.

Nice thank you I will try that
Current affairs:

Soviet Progonya
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Progonya » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:15 am

YES letgooo it worked, thank you guys so much for the quick help
Sidenote, but do i need to close this thread now since I started it or do I just leave it be?
Sorry I'm not very experienced with this stuff
Current affairs:

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:16 am

Nah it's fine, just leave it at that. ^^ /Not-a-mod, but this is how it usually works in Technical based on experience. No need to lock it like closing a ticket! :P

And no problem, I'm glad you got it working! :3
Last edited by Valentine Z on Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical