NATION

PASSWORD

[Suggestion] Table Coloring

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Bassiliya
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 09, 2020
Corrupt Dictatorship

[Suggestion] Table Coloring

Postby Bassiliya » Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:07 pm

So, I've been making wiki-style tables in BBCode for roleplay reasons. Something that I've noticed is that NS BBCode for tables is lacking in a few ways, especially when it comes to background colors for cells. Perhaps the BBCode NS uses could reflect general BBCode usage for coloring cells, like how other sites use "bg" to denote background color. For example, [td bg=red]Text[/td] could make that cell's background color red. Right now, the best alternative is using [background-block], which is a sadly lacking solution. See examples down below:

Idea of what I'm looking for:
Taken from the List of Prime Ministers of the United Kingdom Wikipedia page

The sad example of what [background-block] gives:
https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1584621

It only partially fills the cell and if you have a tall row height, it looks even worse since it covers even less of the cell.

Kalmk
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 18, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalmk » Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:02 am

This would be nice!

Return to Technical