NATION

PASSWORD

The Big Stats Suggestion Thread (Industries)

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

The Big Stats Suggestion Thread (Industries)

Postby Australian rePublic » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:22 pm

Okay, so there are many threads suggesting stats to add, so I thought why not create one big thread where everyone can add their ideas for stats that should be included, and we can all.discuss it in one centralised place. Okay, so here goes nothing

Due to Sedgistan's Suggestion This was split into threads. This is for the non-industries:

Here are suggestions for industries:

- Medical Industry- The logo will be a syringe
- Sports and Events Industry (e.g. concerts, conventions, etc.)- Yes, this is an industry- ask any ticket seller, merchandise retairer, food and beverage retailer, stadium cleaners, etc.- The logo will be a soccer ball and microphone
- Shipping Industry- a key industry for real life countries such as Singapore or Greece- The logo will be a ship
-Frieght and Logistics Industry- The industry I work in IRL- The logo will be a truck
-Entertainment Industry- Movies, Television, Music, etc.- The logo will be a video camera with one of those old-timey film reels
-Hospitality & Nightime Industry- Restaurants, Night clubs, Wedding Venues, etc. Not exactly related to tourism- The logo will be a knife and fork
-Warehousing Industry- The backbone of online shopping and retail
-Aquaculture Industry
-Financial Industry- Banks, Accountants, Mortgage Brokers, Stock Brokers, etc.- The logo will be the symbol of the world's major currencies dollar, Euro, Renmimbi, pound, peso, franc and Rupee
-Passanger Transport Industry- Taxis, Public Transport, Rideshare, Petrol Stations, Tuk Tuks, etc.
-Misc. Industries- Industries that wouldn't warrant their own stats. Things such as legal industry, funeral industry, etc. Which would be better served under a miscellaneous badge
-Education Industry- Especially with regards to demestic and international university students
-Trades Industry- Electrians, plumbers, handymen, construction workers, major and minor construction work, etc.

Further, can please divide manufacturung into heavy manufacturing, light manufacturing and food manufacuring?
-Retail Industry- Split this into bricks and morter vs. online retailer
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Candensia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 20, 2017

Postby Candensia » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:28 pm

Information Technology Industry- The logo will be a computer

The Information Technology Industry already exists in-game.
Last edited by Candensia on Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Free Joy State wrote:Time spent working on writing skills -- even if the draft doesn't work -- is never wasted.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:37 pm

Candensia wrote:
Information Technology Industry- The logo will be a computer

The Information Technology Industry already exists in-game.

Edited Out
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:33 am

Bee-keeping.
The logo could be an individual bee, an old-style hive with lost of bees (shown just as dots?) flying around it, or perhaps even a section of honeycomb... although I suppose the latter might be confusable with chicken-wire..
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Nooooooooooooooo
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nooooooooooooooo » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:47 pm

Bears Armed wrote:Bee-keeping.
The logo could be an individual bee, an old-style hive with lost of bees (shown just as dots?) flying around it, or perhaps even a section of honeycomb... although I suppose the latter might be confusable with chicken-wire..

Not if the hexagons are colored in instead of outlined

Jar Wattinree
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 14, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Jar Wattinree » Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:03 pm

Australian rePublic wrote:Hospitality & Nightime Industry- Restaurants, Night clubs, Wedding Venues, etc. Not exactly related to tourism- The logo will be a knife and fork

Logo is already used by Food Quality. Perhaps a bed, to emphasize hospitality?

Australian rePublic wrote:Financial Industry- Banks, Accountants, Mortgage Brokers, Stock Brokers, etc.- The logo will be the symbol of the world's major currencies dollar, Euro, Renmimbi, pound, peso, franc and Rupee

The Dollar sign is already used by Average Income. Perhaps a money bag like in cartoon bank robberies?
By the Holy Flaming Hammer of Unholy Cosmic Frost
I will voyage 'cross the Multiverse to fight for what was lost!
From this realm of nuclear chaos, to a world beyond the stars
I will quest forever onwards, so far;
I will wield the Holy Hammer of Flame!
Unholy cosmic frost!

Ecce Princeps Dundonensis Imperator Ascendit In Astra Eterna!

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:37 pm

Bears Armed wrote:Bee-keeping.

I think the bee would be best. But wouldn't that fall under the broader agricultural catagory?
Jar Wattinree wrote:
Australian rePublic wrote:Hospitality & Nightime Industry- Restaurants, Night clubs, Wedding Venues, etc. Not exactly related to tourism- The logo will be a knife and fork

Logo is already used by Food Quality. Perhaps a bed, to emphasize hospitality?

Australian rePublic wrote:Financial Industry- Banks, Accountants, Mortgage Brokers, Stock Brokers, etc.- The logo will be the symbol of the world's major currencies dollar, Euro, Renmimbi, pound, peso, franc and Rupee

The Dollar sign is already used by Average Income. Perhaps a money bag like in cartoon bank robberies?

Oooh! I like those!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical