NATION

PASSWORD

The Big Stats Suggestion Thread

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

The Big Stats Suggestion Thread

Postby Australian rePublic » Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:37 am

Okay, so there are many threads suggesting stats to add, so I thought why not create one big thread where everyone can add their ideas for stats that should be included, and we can all.discuss it in one centralised place. Okay, so here goes nothing

Gender Equality- A measure of equality of men and women. Using a different measure in patriarchal societies vs matriarchal societies- the logo for this statistic will be a male/feamle public toilet symbol

Space Faringness- How Space Faring a country is- The logo will be a rocket and the index will be called the Armstrong-Musk Index

Disability Friendliness- The logo will be the disabled symbol

Industries
Here are suggestions for industries:

- Medical Industry- The logo will be a syringe
- Sports and Events Industry (e.g. concerts, conventions, etc.)- Yes, this is an industry- ask any ticket seller, merchandise retairer, food and beverage retailer, stadium cleaners, etc.- The logo will be a soccer ball and microphone
- Shipping Industry- a key industry for real life countries such as Singapore or Greece- The logo will be a ship
-Frieght and Logistics Industry- The industry I work in IRL- The logo will be a truck
-Entertainment Industry- Movies, Television, Music, etc.- The logo will be a video camera with one of those old-timey film reels
-Information Technology Industry- The logo will be a computer
-Hospitality & Nightime Industry- Restaurants, Night clubs, Wedding Venues, etc. Not exactly related to tourism- The logo will be a knife and fork
-Warehousing Industry- The backbone of online shopping and retail
-Aquaculture Industry
-Financial Industry- Banks, Accountants, Mortgage Brokers, Stock Brokers, etc.- The logo will be the symbol of the dollar, Euro, Renmimbi and Rupee
-Passanger Transport Industry- Taxis, Public Transport, Rideshare, Petrol Stations, Tuk Tuks, etc.
-Misc. Industries- Industries that wouldn't warrant their own stats. Things such as legal industry, funeral industry, etc. Which would be better served under a miscellaneous badge
-Education Industry- Especially with regards to demestic and international university students
-Trades Industry- Electrians, plumbers, handymen, construction workers, major and minor construction work, etc.

Further, can please divide manufacturung into heavy manufacturing, light manufacturing and food manufacuring?
-Retail Industry- Split this into bricks and morter vs. online retailer

Further further, can I please suggest further dividing the economy. The current matrices are black market, government, state owned enterprise and public enterprise. May I please suggest splitting private industry into publicly owned companies (i.e. shareholders), franchises, privately owned companies (i.e. no shareholders), unlimited liability (sole traders and partnerships) and non-profits? Or failing that, at least divide private industry into share-holder owned and privately owned industry

Employment Stats
There should be two employment pie charts- one which divides employment into formal, informal and gig employment, and another to dividing employment into full time, part time and casual employment?

Please feel free to comment and leave your own suggestions
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:49 am

Nooooooooooooooo wrote:NationStates Players: The Index will be the Barry-Government Index and the symbol will be the NS Logo

:clap: :rofl: :lol2:

I love it!
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Naya Insaafistan
Secretary

Founded: Jun 21, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Naya Insaafistan » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:00 am

Australian rePublic wrote:-Information Technology Industry

i... thought we already had that...
Last edited by Naya Insaafistan on Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:56 am

You've got two very different sets of suggestions in this thread - please could they be split out. New rankings and new industries are very different suggestions.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:14 am

Sedgistan wrote:You've got two very different sets of suggestions in this thread - please could they be split out. New rankings and new industries are very different suggestions.

Oh okay, sorry

Wormfodder Delivery
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 14, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Wormfodder Delivery » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:33 am

Nonsensicalness - How much the happenings of the nation doesn't make any sense at all.
NS Stats do not count, unless it is funny.
The Transcripts canonically do not exist and merely serve to make the garbled Wormsspeak readable.
Canon Policies.
Open to RP, send me Telegrams, Pretty much compatible with everything.
Powerlevel of 4,5 according to this classification
Industrial Age Schizotech and Proud
Zero tolerance for godmodders and no effortposters are nearing that too.
The Wormfodder Delivery Service, bringing Wormfodder to you, whereever you are.
I also am currently making a pocket guide on how to have a good time on F7, as well one on (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻.
Ask the many questions us here, though answers aren't guaranteed~
Get the latest, hottest news at WDSNN, the best News source of the next dimension!
It is now safe to keep playing.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:24 pm

This has now been split into two separate threads:

Industries
Non-Industries

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical