NATION

PASSWORD

[Q] Searching by animal/currency

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 10, 2020
Ex-Nation

[Q] Searching by animal/currency

Postby 503 » Sun May 02, 2021 2:46 pm

I'm wondering if there is any way to search all nations with a certain animal or currency. Thanks!
The brilliance of that day never fades from our memory.
503 imagines a world without pain and suffering, without limits and boundaries, without despair and destruction.

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Sun May 02, 2021 3:38 pm

503 wrote:I'm wondering if there is any way to search all nations with a certain animal or currency. Thanks!
Not on the normal site. You could do such a thing using the API if you have some programming skills. The easiest way would be to download the daily data dump and search it, which you could probably do using even a normal text editor if you don't have the programming skill for something more advanced.

Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 10, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby 503 » Sun May 02, 2021 6:51 pm

Trotterdam wrote:
503 wrote:I'm wondering if there is any way to search all nations with a certain animal or currency. Thanks!
Not on the normal site. You could do such a thing using the API if you have some programming skills. The easiest way would be to download the daily data dump and search it, which you could probably do using even a normal text editor if you don't have the programming skill for something more advanced.

I see, thanks. And do you know what the <FIRSTLOGIN></FIRSTLOGIN> and <LASTLOGIN></LASTLOGIN> mean, by any chance?
The brilliance of that day never fades from our memory.
503 imagines a world without pain and suffering, without limits and boundaries, without despair and destruction.

The Unified Missourtama States
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Unified Missourtama States » Sun May 02, 2021 7:33 pm

503 wrote:And do you know what the <FIRSTLOGIN></FIRSTLOGIN> and <LASTLOGIN></LASTLOGIN> mean, by any chance?

It is what it sounds like, the first time the nation was logged into and the most recent time logged into, the times are in UNIX Epoch.

Information on UNIX Epochs, if you need it: https://www.epochconverter.com
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.
" (W. B. Yeats)

Return to Technical