NATION

PASSWORD

Recruitment Telegrams in Queue

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Stellata
Civil Servant

Founded: Feb 02, 2021
Ex-Nation

Recruitment Telegrams in Queue

Postby Stellata » Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:19 pm

When I go to the Recruitment & Delivery Reports for my automated recruitment telegrams, why are so many of them marked as 'queued' and "in the process of being wired to the recipient"? Of the 196 telegrams I've sent with this new template 65 of them are marked as 'queued'. Does this mean I'm requesting the telegrams to be wired faster than the NS servers can wire them or are they only marked as 'delivered' once the recipient reads them?

Aikoland
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 22, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Aikoland » Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:45 pm

To quote the FAQ:
tag: New<Number> will queue a Telegram for attempted delivery to the next <Number> newly created nations. Be aware, however, that new nations are telegrammed very quickly by very many region recruiters. In order to reduce spam, the system throttles recruitment messages so that nations only receive a few at a time; additionally, new nations have a limited amount of space in their Inbox. This means that many recruitment telegrams wired to new nations will arrive late or not at all—and consume Telegram Stamps even so. There is no special priority for recruitment Telegrams based on how quickly or by which method they are sent: All recruitment Telegrams enter the same queue and exit it in random order.

Or in simpler terms: the game doesn't send all your recruitment TGs at once, so the queue is the ones that are basically still waiting in line (or a queue, hence the term!) to be sent out.
♥ L'Empire d'Aikoland ♥
Trois États, Une Impératrice
Official Flag|Factbook|Q&A
The middle character in my flag is a boy
A small Francophone nation located on a group of islands to the south of France. Primary territory of the nation consists of three main islands, the states as described in our national motto, along with smaller less populated islands surrounding them.
Official Nation Name: The Empire of Aikoland
Government Type: Parliamentary constitutional monarchy
Head of State: Empress Élisabeth IV
Head of Government: Prime Minister Mélodie Bélanger
Population: 6.07 million (2023 estimate)
Official Language: French
Current Year: 2023

Stellata
Civil Servant

Founded: Feb 02, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Stellata » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:40 am

Aikoland wrote:To quote the FAQ:
tag: New<Number> will queue a Telegram for attempted delivery to the next <Number> newly created nations. Be aware, however, that new nations are telegrammed very quickly by very many region recruiters. In order to reduce spam, the system throttles recruitment messages so that nations only receive a few at a time; additionally, new nations have a limited amount of space in their Inbox. This means that many recruitment telegrams wired to new nations will arrive late or not at all—and consume Telegram Stamps even so. There is no special priority for recruitment Telegrams based on how quickly or by which method they are sent: All recruitment Telegrams enter the same queue and exit it in random order.

Or in simpler terms: the game doesn't send all your recruitment TGs at once, so the queue is the ones that are basically still waiting in line (or a queue, hence the term!) to be sent out.

Alright, thank you so much for clarification!

Return to Technical