NATION

PASSWORD

Idea/Suggestion

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Santa-Barbara
Secretary

Founded: Nov 20, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Idea/Suggestion

Postby Santa-Barbara » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:55 pm

Seeing how long this community and site has existed for, this is most likely not the first time someone has suggested national anthems for user's nationstates. I think it would be a great idea as it will contribute to each nation's identity and give more insight to others what the nation is all about, because a lot of information and emotions can be found and interpreted through music. Nations could unlock this feature by exceeding a certain population number (just like capital city, national religion etc.). Perhaps, the user could enter a YouTube link or upload a music file for their selected anthem, and it can await approval or be ready for moderation. Once approved, their song can be displayed on the side of their nation's page under the box with their population, capital city etc.

Thank you.
Last edited by Santa-Barbara on Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trenaka
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 18, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Trenaka » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:57 pm

Some people already do this by putting the anthem in their signature.
The Kingdom of Trenaka
Königreich Trenaka

A unitary constitutional monarchy in Central Europe.
Anthem
Trenakan National News: Trenaka withdraws from the GENA, joins the IFC -:- King Frederick II dissolves Parliament, calls new election on Chancellor Friedel’s request.

Bisexual atheist and social democrat.

Santa-Barbara
Secretary

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Santa-Barbara » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:59 pm

Trenaka wrote:Some people already do this by putting the anthem in their signature.

Didn't know this. I guess that is a good way to display a national anthem. Perhaps this could be made official and be apart of their actual nation's page, but if not, that's certainly an alternative.
Last edited by Santa-Barbara on Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:02 pm

Obligatory not an admin/mod, but someone actually suggested the idea of audio tracks in forum signatures before, and I am guessing that this would unfortunately be the same with a music track as a custom field.

Copyright issues. A boatload of copyright issues. So.. yeah, best bet is to have a factbook and add your anthem in there.
Last edited by Valentine Z on Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Santa-Barbara
Secretary

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Santa-Barbara » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:05 pm

Valentine Z wrote:Obligatory not an admin/mod, but someone actually suggested the idea of audio tracks in forum signatures before, and I am guessing that this would unfortunately be the same with a music track as a custom field.

Copyright issues. A boatload of copyright issues. So.. yeah, best bet is to have a factbook and add your anthem in there.

Yeah you're definitely right about that. I did think about copyright but wasn't too aware of the situation and its threats to this website.

Return to Technical