NATION

PASSWORD

What is 'Most Average'?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Holland DS6
Envoy

Founded: Dec 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

What is 'Most Average'?

Postby Holland DS6 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:15 am

I've been playing this website for a bit, but I still don quite get what the most average stat is, is it like the most average in all stats, political, economic and personal freedoms, what is it?
Last edited by Luna Amore on Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: more informative title
If you want to send me any cards, best if you send it to this one, Holland DS6, I just need more bank on this account if I want to upgrade the limit, but I just keep wanting to buy cards worth more, cards I like or cards for a collection that I am working on, I already had a lot of cards in the catagory, so mind as well make it an official collection that I could possibly already complete. I try not to break the rules, so if I do it by accident, please just tell me mods, although it would have to be through the TG only for mods, like Ransium had to due to class region. I didn't really check for spellings, so it may be a little unclear, sorry. :P More in my factbook on card+gifts.
Finally getting my own card soon!

The Unified Missourtama States
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Unified Missourtama States » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:19 am

Averageness is roughly the opposite of Ideological Radicality.
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.
" (W. B. Yeats)

Holland DS6
Envoy

Founded: Dec 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Holland DS6 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:39 am

Oh, one of the stats in a pair of another just the opposite, that makes sense now, ok
If you want to send me any cards, best if you send it to this one, Holland DS6, I just need more bank on this account if I want to upgrade the limit, but I just keep wanting to buy cards worth more, cards I like or cards for a collection that I am working on, I already had a lot of cards in the catagory, so mind as well make it an official collection that I could possibly already complete. I try not to break the rules, so if I do it by accident, please just tell me mods, although it would have to be through the TG only for mods, like Ransium had to due to class region. I didn't really check for spellings, so it may be a little unclear, sorry. :P More in my factbook on card+gifts.
Finally getting my own card soon!

SherpDaWerp
Technical Moderator

Founded: Mar 02, 2016
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby SherpDaWerp » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:07 pm

The Unified Missourtama States wrote:Averageness is roughly the opposite of Ideological Radicality.
This is wrong.

Holland, your first interpretation of "Averageness" is correct. It measures how close all your stats are to the world averages.

Averageness can change without you answering issues (sauce) and hence it cannot be the opposite of a stat that only changes when you answer issues. The change without you answering issues is a direct result of the world averages changing.

MUCH MUCH LATER EDIT:
I was a bit harsh; it's been pointed out to me that Averageness is the opposite of Ideological Radicality - which means Ideological Radicality is a measurement of how far away you are from the world average.
Last edited by SherpDaWerp on Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Became an editor on 18/01/23 techie on 29/01/24

Rampant statistical speculation from before then is entirely unofficial

Xeralaversian
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 19, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Xeralaversian » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:12 pm

SherpDaWerp wrote:
The Unified Missourtama States wrote:Averageness is roughly the opposite of Ideological Radicality.
This is wrong.

Holland, your first interpretation of "Averageness" is correct. It measures how close all your stats are to the world averages.

Averageness can change without you answering issues (sauce) and hence it cannot be the opposite of a stat that only changes when you answer issues. The change without you answering issues is a direct result of the world averages changing.

This is great insight. I’m new and this makes more sense.

Return to Technical