NATION

PASSWORD

What happens if a WA vote ends in a tie?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Pchelionia
Lobbyist

Founded: May 25, 2020
Ex-Nation

What happens if a WA vote ends in a tie?

Postby Pchelionia » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:30 am

Just a question Pchelionia has.

The Unified Missourtama States
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Unified Missourtama States » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:16 pm

There's a long thread about this somewhere, I can't find it, but:

A simple-majority of votes is required to pass, so a tie will fail to resolve the proposal.
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.
" (W. B. Yeats)

Holland DS6
Envoy

Founded: Dec 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Holland DS6 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:25 pm

Exactly as T.U.M.S. said, and from a quote in 2018, and as others said, 'it will fail'
A wizened gnome emerges from under the Secretariat podium and leans toward a microphone. "A resolution with equal votes for and against fails," the gnome says, and disappears in a puff of logic.
If you want to send me any cards, best if you send it to this one, Holland DS6, I just need more bank on this account if I want to upgrade the limit, but I just keep wanting to buy cards worth more, cards I like or cards for a collection that I am working on, I already had a lot of cards in the catagory, so mind as well make it an official collection that I could possibly already complete. I try not to break the rules, so if I do it by accident, please just tell me mods, although it would have to be through the TG only for mods, like Ransium had to due to class region. I didn't really check for spellings, so it may be a little unclear, sorry. :P More in my factbook on card+gifts.
Finally getting my own card soon!

Return to Technical