NATION

PASSWORD

Are we allowed to change our countries entirely?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Aferia
Civil Servant

Founded: Nov 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Are we allowed to change our countries entirely?

Postby Aferia » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:15 pm

Like for example, a nation named "Placeholder" just changed everything and turns it into the USA.

FNU
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 21, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby FNU » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:16 pm

No
I write dumb things, ask and I'll vaguely explain them.

Resilient Acceleration
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Resilient Acceleration » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:20 pm

Technically yes, by creating a new country and forgetting about the old. Or write factbooks to detail your country's identity and tell others to ignore the displayed NS name.
Last edited by Resilient Acceleration on Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TLDR News | Exclusive: GLOBAL DRONE CRISIS! "Hyper-advanced" Chinese military AI design leaked online by unknown groups, Pres. Yang issues warning of "major outbreak of 3D-printed drone swarm terrorist attacks to US civilians and assets" | Secretary Pasca to expand surveillance on all financial activities through pattern recognition AI to curb the supply chain of QAnon and other domestic terror grassroots

A near-future scenario where transhumanist tech barons and their ruthless capitalism are trying to save the planet, emphasis on "try" | Resilient Accelerationism in a nutshell | OOC

The United Artherian Federation
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 14, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The United Artherian Federation » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:21 pm

The only thing that cannot be changed is the name of the nation (in this case "Placeholder"). The lore of your nation is entirely up to you, and can be changed at anytime. Many people have "official" website names, yet roleplay under a different one entirely.
Twice sigbanned, once scared of the wrath of the forum mods.
On this index, my military is a 10-10-7.
Raider, military coniessour, God's slowest writer.

Aferia
Civil Servant

Founded: Nov 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Aferia » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:08 pm

The United Artherian Federation wrote:The only thing that cannot be changed is the name of the nation (in this case "Placeholder"). The lore of your nation is entirely up to you, and can be changed at anytime. Many people have "official" website names, yet roleplay under a different one entirely.

Um, you can...

Auphelia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:11 pm

No, you may not.

However, a fun little thing you can do is change up which letters in your nation name are capitalised.

You could be AFERIA, or aFEriA, or even aferiA.
6 Term Local Councillor of the South Pacific
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

Condemned for Being the Baddest Old Biddy
SC #307

Kyrusia wrote:...This one. This one is clever. I like this one.

Charlia wrote:You, I like.

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

Gandoor
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 23, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gandoor » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:31 pm

You know, I might be misinterpreting it here, but I'm 99% sure that OP was not asking 'can we change our nation names?' but rather 'are we allowed to have our nations become something totally different than how they started out?' (whether they just mean by answering issues or RP, I don't know) but either way the answer is 'Yes', you can answer the issues however you like to shape your nation in whatever direction you want and you can retcon and rewrite shit from an RP POV as much as you want.
OOC - Call me Viola
IC Flag|Gandoor Wiki|Q&A|National Currency Database
Reminder that true left-wing politics are incompatible with imperialism, authoritarianism, totalitarianism, and dictatorship in all forms.
Flag is currently a Cinderace.
I'm transfeminine non-binary (but I don't mind or care if you refer to me as a woman).
She/They
27 years old
OOC Info
Twitter: @Sailor_Viola
Steam: Princess Viola
Mastodon: @princessviola@retro.pizza
TGs are welcome

Authoritaria-Imperia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 06, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Authoritaria-Imperia » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:39 am

Yes — with enough time, every aspect of your nation can be changed, name being the singular exception. You can answer Issues in any way you'd like to gradually change your stats (it's hard work, but I've actually moved from tyrannical-dictatorship to anarchy and back). You can change whatever custom fields you want (animal, religion, capital, leader, etc.), although obviously if you haven't unlocked some of those custom fields then that'd not an option yet. You can rewrite fact books or role-play stuff, of course, and moving region's not hard either! I'm pretty sure you can even change the email address associated with your game account. So yes, your nation can be whatever you want it to be, so long as you're content with its name. ;)
Last edited by Authoritaria-Imperia on Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks to all the first responders working to fight off this pandemic! Folks, you can make a donation here.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical