NATION

PASSWORD

Ads After Purchasing Post Master General

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Aredita
Secretary

Founded: Apr 05, 2019
New York Times Democracy

Ads After Purchasing Post Master General

Postby Aredita » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:48 pm

I purchased the Post Master General Package in the NationStates store, and I still see ads.

However, I only see ads when I'm in the forums. I don't know if this is just how it is, and this is normal, or, if something is wrong.

Thanks for your help!

Phydios
Minister

Founded: Dec 06, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Phydios » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:59 pm

Aredita wrote:I purchased the Post Master General Package in the NationStates store, and I still see ads.

However, I only see ads when I'm in the forums. I don't know if this is just how it is, and this is normal, or, if something is wrong.

Thanks for your help!

This certainly isn't normal. Check your settings. Do you have "Site Supporter: No advertisements" checked?
Romans 1:18-2:29, Ephesians 2:1-10
But God’s angry displeasure erupts as acts of human mistrust and wrongdoing and lying accumulate, as people try to put a shroud over truth. But the basic reality of God is plain enough. Open your eyes and there it is! | Those people are on a dark spiral downward. But if you think that leaves you on the high ground where you can point your finger at others, think again. Every time you criticize someone, you condemn yourself. | It’s a wonder God didn’t lose His temper and do away with the whole lot of us. Instead, immense in mercy and with an incredible love, He embraced us. He took our sin-dead lives and made us alive in Christ. He did all this on His own, with no help from us!

Santa Selena
Spokesperson

Founded: May 07, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Santa Selena » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:25 pm

Aredita wrote:I purchased the Post Master General Package in the NationStates store, and I still see ads.

Thanks for your help!

I'm actually having the exact same problem! It's especially annoying when one of those ads with sound pop up
Low quality posts since 2020! Now with a free SETA bundle!
NEWS:NEWS MACHINE BROKE
COVID-19 NEWS: TOTAL CASES: 85,012 |ACTIVE CASES: 733 |SERIOUS CASES: 120 |RECOVERED: 80,112|DEATHS: 3,210.

We use Nstats mostly. Factbooks

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Anarchy

Postby Frisbeeteria » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:51 pm

Check your settings to make sure the " No advertisements" checkbox is checked.
Clear all nationstates.net cookies
Log out and log back in again.

Post here with your results.

[violet]
Site Admin

Founded: Antiquity

Postby [violet] » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:08 pm

The quickest fix is usually to turn the "no ads" toggle off in your nation's Settings, click Update, then turn it back on.

This error can occur if the connection between gameside and forumside gets interrupted, preventing the setting from being communicated to the forum. If you retry, it should go through.

Aredita
Secretary

New York Times Democracy

Postby Aredita » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:49 pm

I have it toggled "off."

It still is showing them.

Link to photo's: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yOt ... sp=sharing

Link to screen recorded video showing the problem: https://drive.google.com/file/d/11Nby85 ... sp=sharing
(You need to use Google or Safari to view this.)
Last edited by Aredita on Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Aredita
Secretary

New York Times Democracy

Postby Aredita » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:03 pm

[violet] wrote:The quickest fix is usually to turn the "no ads" toggle off in your nation's Settings, click Update, then turn it back on.

This error can occur if the connection between gameside and forumside gets interrupted, preventing the setting from being communicated to the forum. If you retry, it should go through.

Great! That worked!

I just toggled it off, and then on, and now, I don't see ads! Thank you!
Last edited by Aredita on Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical