NATION

PASSWORD

Broken RMB

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Chinese rebel
Civil Servant

Founded: Jun 07, 2020
Ex-Nation

Broken RMB

Postby Chinese rebel » Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:14 pm

The Regional message board of The North Pacific is broken (not sure about over regions) when you open it when you don’t go through the region main page something similar to this pops up

The Unified Missourtama States
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Unified Missourtama States » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:25 pm

That looks normal, that's just the forum view, which is different from the WFE view.
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.
" (W. B. Yeats)

Phydios
Minister

Founded: Dec 06, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Phydios » Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:11 am

The Unified Missourtama States wrote:That looks normal, that's just the forum view, which is different from the WFE view.

Look closer. It appears to be showing a ten-year-old message by default, instead of the most recent messages.
If you claim to be religious but don’t control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless. Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. | Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’
James 1:26-27, Matthew 7:21-23

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:56 am

I'm not seeing that post on TNP's RMB anymore. It should have been on page 1 or 2. I wonder if you caught Todd McCloud in the act of editing or deleting that post, which may have made the RMB software think it was the most recent updated post?

Noahs Second Country
Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 31, 2016
Anarchy

Postby Noahs Second Country » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:54 am

This has happened to me before, I clicked on a message from a nation's Happenings feed and ended up in the exact same scenario (same post too).
Westinor wrote:Who knew the face of Big Farma could be the greatest hero of the Cards Proleteriat?
Honeydewistania wrote:Such spunk and arrogance that he welcomes the brigade of hatred!
Orcuo wrote:The plan was foolproof! Unfortunately, I didn’t make it Noah-proof.
WeKnow wrote:I am not a fan of his in the slightest.
Benevolent 0 wrote:You can't seem to ever portray yourself straight.
Bormiar wrote: reckless and greedy, closer to a character issue than something to be rewarded.
Second Best™ - 7x Issues Author, 7x SC Author, Editor, Ex-Minister of Cards of the North Pacific

[violet]
Executive Director

Founded: Antiquity

Postby [violet] » Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:05 pm

There is a bug that pops up occasionally on very active boards about a week after the last database repagination run. It's easy to fix the symptoms, by running the repagination utility, but I haven't identified the underlying cause yet. So this will probably happen again, maybe around Wednesday or Thursday next week. If/when it does, please report.

Return to Technical