NATION

PASSWORD

Out-of-date flags need admin review / replacement

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Minoa
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Minoa » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:36 am

[violet] wrote:Thanks for this. I've replaced Russia and Mauritania flags, although this may not show up to individual users for a while due to various layers of image caching.

Also renamed Macedonia to North Macedonia due to Prespa Agreement.

Hello,

• The Czech Republic is also rolling out its new name, Czechia: in my opinion, the option could read as “Czech Republic (Czechia)” or “Czechia (Czech Republic)”. If I recall correctly, HTML drop-down menus should not have a problem with brackets (Source).
  • Swaziland has also renamed itself as Eswatini: in my opinion, the option could read as either “Eswatini (Swaziland)” or “Swaziland (Eswatini)” (Source).
-- Minoa
Mme A. d'Oiseau, B.A. (State of Minoa)

Nooooooooooooooo
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nooooooooooooooo » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:07 am

Trotterdam wrote:For what it's worth, 400 of the Chuuk nations are obvious puppets of the same player. Disqualifying them would still leave it in the top 20.

Yap has only 28 obvious puppets (says nothing about non-obvious ones), but the same player also has 33 Chuuk puppets (actually not counted in the 400 above, I think they're two different puppetmasters), and it seems similar numbers of every other flag too.

Let me guess: Womble?

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:52 am

Nooooooooooooooo wrote:
Trotterdam wrote:For what it's worth, 400 of the Chuuk nations are obvious puppets of the same player. Disqualifying them would still leave it in the top 20.

Yap has only 28 obvious puppets (says nothing about non-obvious ones), but the same player also has 33 Chuuk puppets (actually not counted in the 400 above, I think they're two different puppetmasters), and it seems similar numbers of every other flag too.
Let me guess: Womble?
Yes, actually. That's the one with about 30 puppets in every flag.

The one with 400 Chuuk puppets is someone else, who uses constellation-themed names. Aquarii 051-100, Cygnus 051-100, Lyra 101-200, Orion 101-300 (except Lyra 128 which has a custom flag).

Code: Select all
cat nations.xml | grep '^<NAME>\|^<FLAG>' | grep -B1 '^<FLAG>.*/Chuuk.png</FLAG>' | grep '<NAME>' | sort

Previous

Return to Technical