NATION

PASSWORD

"Influence" On Nation Profiles

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
The United States of Atlibruis
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 14, 2020
Ex-Nation

"Influence" On Nation Profiles

Postby The United States of Atlibruis » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:46 pm

What does the "Influence" tab/status mean on a given nation's profile? Is that dependent on positions within a nation's region, endorsements, etc.?

Sorry if this is posted a lot/the answer is in some FAQ, but I haven't seen anything about this.

Nevertopia
Minister

Founded: May 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Nevertopia » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:48 pm

it means its how much control you get internationally.
So the CCP won't let me be or let me be me so let me see, they tried to shut me down on CBC but it feels so empty without me.
Communism has failed every time its been tried.
Civilization Index: Class 9.28
Tier 7: Stellar Settler | Level 7: Wonderful Wizard | Type 7: Astro Ambassador
This nation's overview is the primary canon. For more information use NS stats.
Black Lives Matter

Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby The United States of Atlibruis » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:50 pm

Nevertopia wrote:it means its how much control you get internationally.

Well ok that makes sense, but how is that measured?

Gandoor
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 23, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gandoor » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:30 pm

You get a little bit of regional influence every day that you're in a region, with you gaining more influence per day by having more WA endorsements.

Someone can correct me I'm wrong, I think you get 1 influence per update just for being in a region and each endorsement you have counts as 1 additional influence. So if someone had 5 endos, they'd get 12 influence per day since there are two daily updates.

You also stop gaining influence if you don't log in for a week IIRC.
OOC - Call me Viola
IC Flag|Gandoor Wiki|Q&A|National Currency Database
Reminder that true left-wing politics are incompatible with imperialism, authoritarianism, totalitarianism, and dictatorship in all forms.
Flag is currently a Cinderace.
I'm transfeminine non-binary (but I don't mind or care if you refer to me as a woman).
She/They
27 years old
OOC Info
Twitter: @Sailor_Viola
Steam: Princess Viola
Mastodon: @princessviola@retro.pizza
TGs are welcome

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Fauxia » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:41 pm

Influence was introduced in 2006 to take mods out of R/D disputes. The number serves as a limit on the border control powers of regional officers. Basically, Delegates and ROs need a certain influence level to put a password on a region, and a certain amount to eject particular nations. Every update (there are two a day, one at 12:00 PM Eastern Time and one at 12:00 AM Eastern Time), nations that have been active within the last 8 days gain influence. The influence gained is equal to 1 + the number of endorsements the nation has. This can accumulate into infinity, except in Game-Created Regions. In Game-Created Regions, nations with ten endorsements or below flatline at 4,015 influence. If a nation in a GCR has more than ten endorsements, their influence expires after six months. Nations lose influence for leaving a region.

If you are asking about the titles that appear next to a nation's World Factbook Entry, that's a measure of the nation's influence as a percentage of the total influence in a region.

That was probably more information than you wanted or needed, but here's an in-depth guide in case you want to know more.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby The United States of Atlibruis » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:30 pm

Thanks for the answers, although what does "R/D" and "RO" stand for?

SherpDaWerp
Technical Moderator

Founded: Mar 02, 2016
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby SherpDaWerp » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:49 pm

The United States of Atlibruis wrote:Thanks for the answers, although what does "R/D" and "RO" stand for?

Raiding/Defending and Regional Officer.
Became an editor on 18/01/23 techie on 29/01/24

Rampant statistical speculation from before then is entirely unofficial

Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby The United States of Atlibruis » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:11 am

SherpDaWerp wrote:
The United States of Atlibruis wrote:Thanks for the answers, although what does "R/D" and "RO" stand for?

Raiding/Defending and Regional Officer.

Thanks!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical