NATION

PASSWORD

[Q]Regarding simultaneity rule

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 25, 2012
Corporate Police State

[Q]Regarding simultaneity rule

Postby 9003 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:18 pm

I have a script that I have created that I wanted to see if the concept at its core breaks the simultaneity rule. I know that the admin team will not look thorough my code but rather have a simple question,

using this fancy URL
https://www.nationstates.net/page=enact ... 1/dilemma={ISSUE id}/template-overall=none
that directly resolves an issue cool cool but is it legal to call this with the press of enter and then pressing enter again right away to call
https://www.nationstates.net/page=enact ... 1/dilemma={ISSUE id2}/template-overall=none

this would be done before the first one is done loading pending how fast you press enter or how fast the server hamsters are working.
Is is legal to spam enter following 1:1 but not waiting for them to resolve on the user end?

I was farming cards and happened to pull the nation I was on up on my phone so it took the log in token and logged my computer out so I clicked the option I wanted on my computer and it pulled up a log in page that after login in dropped me on the new "magic" page.
proud member of PETZ people for the Ethical Treatment of Zombies

Active member of The cards market place discord

[violet]
Executive Director

Founded: Antiquity

Postby [violet] » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:05 pm

If I understand correctly, then no, it's not permitted, as you're not waiting for the completion of the first request before issuing the second one.
[violet] wrote:A tool may not execute restricted actions simultaneously, but must instead wait for the completion of each command--that is, a complete response from the NationStates server--before issuing the next one.

Also, of course, if this is an automated script, it's prohibited from answering issues via the HTML site, and should do that via the API instead.

SherpDaWerp
Technical Moderator

Founded: Mar 02, 2016
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby SherpDaWerp » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:50 pm

[violet] wrote:Also, of course, if this is an automated script, it's prohibited from answering issues via the HTML site, and should do that via the API instead.

<not 9003 but I know the script>

It doesn't answer issues, it just provides a heap of links like this for every issue that a set of puppets faces.

The user then goes through the list and clicks the links - the script doesn't answer issues, it just provides a format to significantly speed up the process.
Became an editor on 18/01/23 techie on 29/01/24

Rampant statistical speculation from before then is entirely unofficial

Diplomat

Founded: Oct 25, 2012
Corporate Police State

Postby 9003 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:11 am

Thank you so much! I will package it with said warning as there is a simple way to run it by pressing enter and having it force the user to wait for the server to be done before sending the next request.
proud member of PETZ people for the Ethical Treatment of Zombies

Active member of The cards market place discord

[violet]
Executive Director

Founded: Antiquity

Postby [violet] » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:35 pm

9003 wrote:Thank you so much! I will package it with said warning as there is a simple way to run it by pressing enter and having it force the user to wait for the server to be done before sending the next request.

Just so we're clear, it's not sufficient to release a tool that can be easily used in an illegal manner and tell people not to do it. It's up to you to make sure the tool behaves properly.

Return to Technical