NATION

PASSWORD

[SUGGESTION] This issue should enact the slavery policy

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Disgraces
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 07, 2020
Corporate Bordello

[SUGGESTION] This issue should enact the slavery policy

Postby Disgraces » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:54 am

The second option of the issue 842 should enact slavery. Even its result says "enslaved factory workers".
Last edited by Disgraces on Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
The nation that represents my views is Tidaton

The Unified Missourtama States
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Unified Missourtama States » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:00 am

First: this belong in the Got Issues forum
“WHAAAAAT?” inquires madman factory owner, Willy Wenko. “These claims are preposterous! My little helpers have their own lives, families, and free will. Furthermore, I pay them plenty!” He turns to the last three little workers still in your office, handing two of them a piece of chocolate each, but grabbing the third around the throat. “So you thought it was a good idea to tell tales, huh? NO RATIONS FOR A WEEK! Ahaha, sorry, that was just a little joke... I beg you, allow me to keep our little factory family together, and let the magic of Wenko Chocolates keep bringing smiles to little children’s faces! For the kids, @@LEADER@@, the kids!”

It doesn't seem in any way to be encouraging slavery (he pays them in the scene), perhaps there is elicit (illegal) slavery, but certainly not a national policy or government allowed or endorsed level.
Last edited by The Unified Missourtama States on Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.
" (W. B. Yeats)

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:44 pm

The Unified Missourtama States wrote:First: this belong in the Got Issues forum
Specifically, in this thread.

Disgraces wrote:We cannot see issues by their links,
...Did you even try clicking it? Or looking at where it points?

The Unified Missourtama States wrote:It doesn't seem in any way to be encouraging slavery (he pays them in the scene),
Pays them in chocolate. That is almost certainly below minimum wage. The fact that they apparently can't even eat unless het lets them also makes them sound like slaves.

This is, at the very least, the government decriminalizing slavery, if not actively supporting it.

Return to Technical