NATION

PASSWORD

Game idea - new stat

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Allenstadt
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 05, 2020
Ex-Nation

Game idea - new stat

Postby Allenstadt » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:08 am

I had an idea for a new stat- 'gender equality'.
If it is at 0, that mean both genders are equal, and if it is at 100+, then one gender is completely more powerful.
There are 2 policies arising for this- 'gender equality', where all genders are equal and the score is <10, and 'gender disparity", where the superior status of one gender is enshrined in law. this would be >90.

Another way to measure is would be "women's rights"- at <5 it results in 'patriarchy', at >95 there is a 'matriarchy' and possible, at 50, there would be 'gender neutrality'.

I doubt this will actually happen, but it's just an idea.

Bala Mantre
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 11, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Bala Mantre » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:11 am

Allenstadt wrote:I had an idea for a new stat- 'gender equality'.
If it is at 0, that mean both genders are equal, and if it is at 100+, then one gender is completely more powerful.
There are 2 policies arising for this- 'gender equality', where all genders are equal and the score is <10, and 'gender disparity", where the superior status of one gender is enshrined in law. this would be >90.

Another way to measure is would be "women's rights"- at <5 it results in 'patriarchy', at >95 there is a 'matriarchy' and possible, at 50, there would be 'gender neutrality'.

I doubt this will actually happen, but it's just an idea.

Interesting idea but this is like the hunger stat they tried to get moving
Proud Winner Of The Game Of Defeat By Using The Queen Of England
Bala Mantre wrote:Except the mirrors are destroyed by the shear power of the Queen of England

COVID
5.684 Million Total Cases +120|169,580 Deaths +200|2.9 Million Recovered +3000|Bala Mantrean States to be under lockdown until Feburary 14th, 2021| Prime Minister Ian Pavlow wins his second term|Democrats yell fraud as the Senate and Parliament is now both Republican Dominated

I do not rp with stats, Im strictly non-stat
Current rp year: 2022
Been playing this game since January 17th 2014 and trust me, I remember (Kinda) what that was like.
Rping with Bala Mantrean Politics

BTCKOI RP!
Predicted 24005234 Million People to be living in Hak Li by 2035

Honeydewistania
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:11 am

Interesting idea.
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Alger wrote:if you have egoquotes in your signature, touch grass

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:27 pm

I suggested this a while ago and was told it wasn't feasible. Also, you're doing it backwards. 0 would mean no gender equality, whilst 100 would mean full equality
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

The Unified Missourtama States
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Unified Missourtama States » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:06 am

Civil Rights, Employment, Inclusiveness, Income Equality, Political Freedoms, Public Education, and Social Conservatism.

It's already covered, and not every nation necessarily has "gender" or the same number of genders, and does that also affect sexualities, and transgenders....

It's too complex and is already covered.
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.
" (W. B. Yeats)

System Telerin
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 19, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby System Telerin » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:08 am

Also the statistics of the birth rate, where it is higher, the more population increases, and the lower it is, the less population increase. What do you think? But that is not too broken. Also that they do or edit issues that involve the birth rate (go up or down).
Example:
Low birth rate: 1.2 children by person
Medium birth rate: 3 children by person
High birth rate: 8 children by person
Calculate the birth rate by the death rate = total growth rate of the country's population.
Thanks by the idea of the new statistics.

Free Indian States
Attaché

Founded: Jun 10, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Indian States » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:18 am

I have another stat idea : International Reputation

It would increase from issues involving in-game foreign policy, where other nations (Blackacre, Brazilistan, Maxtopia etc.) are mentioned. Taking the more peaceful/helpful choice would increase the stat, and taking the more aggressive/isolationist choice would decrease it. It would be a scale from -50 to +50, where -50 would be a country hated by most of the world, while +50 would be a mostly friendly nation.
The Confederacy of Free Indian States, set in an alternate timeline in which India doesn't get colonised, is a regional union with member states enjoying a high level of autonomy.

--------------------

Lore being remade
24 Nov
Today we have no news. No really, us at the news studio have actually run out of things to report and absolutely nothing interesting seems to happen. We tried playing अंताक्षरी, but after singing every bollywood song in existence about 5 times over, we couldn't even pretend to be having fun. God help us.

Jar Wattinree
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 14, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Jar Wattinree » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:53 pm

Free Indian States wrote:I have another stat idea : International Reputation

It would increase from issues involving in-game foreign policy, where other nations (Blackacre, Brazilistan, Maxtopia etc.) are mentioned. Taking the more peaceful/helpful choice would increase the stat, and taking the more aggressive/isolationist choice would decrease it. It would be a scale from -50 to +50, where -50 would be a country hated by most of the world, while +50 would be a mostly friendly nation.

By that statistic I would have an overflow and loop all the way to positive because my issue choices tend toward everlasting war.
By the Holy Flaming Hammer of Unholy Cosmic Frost
I will voyage 'cross the Multiverse to fight for what was lost!
From this realm of nuclear chaos, to a world beyond the stars
I will quest forever onwards, so far;
I will wield the Holy Hammer of Flame!
Unholy cosmic frost!

Ecce Princeps Dundonensis Imperator Ascendit In Astra Eterna!

Free Indian States
Attaché

Founded: Jun 10, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Indian States » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:46 am

Jar Wattinree wrote:

By that statistic I would have an overflow and loop all the way to positive because my issue choices tend toward everlasting war.

Then maybe it should have no cap on either side, or stop at the cap.

Also, based.
The Confederacy of Free Indian States, set in an alternate timeline in which India doesn't get colonised, is a regional union with member states enjoying a high level of autonomy.

--------------------

Lore being remade
24 Nov
Today we have no news. No really, us at the news studio have actually run out of things to report and absolutely nothing interesting seems to happen. We tried playing अंताक्षरी, but after singing every bollywood song in existence about 5 times over, we couldn't even pretend to be having fun. God help us.

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:57 am

Jar Wattinree wrote:

isn't it also known as 'influence'?
Behind the free market lies the iron fist of the state - the one thing I learned from The Blaatschapen, excluding how to say sheep in dutch.
Update: apparently it’s bleating sheep.

Comfed
Minister

Founded: Apr 09, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Comfed » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:47 am

Mathuvan Union wrote:
Jar Wattinree wrote:By that statistic I would have an overflow and loop all the way to positive because my issue choices tend toward everlasting war.

isn't it also known as 'influence'?
Influence is determined by endorsements and residency - it’s not a stat affected by issues.

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:49 am

Comfed wrote:
Mathuvan Union wrote:isn't it also known as 'influence'?
Influence is determined by endorsements and residency - it’s not a stat affected by issues.

yeah, but it's effectively reputation
Behind the free market lies the iron fist of the state - the one thing I learned from The Blaatschapen, excluding how to say sheep in dutch.

Comfed
Minister

Founded: Apr 09, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Comfed » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:53 am

Mathuvan Union wrote:
Comfed wrote:Influence is determined by endorsements and residency - it’s not a stat affected by issues.

yeah, but it's effectively reputation

Not really... It only exists because people were sick of complicated mod-imposed restrictions on destroying regions.

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:54 am

Comfed wrote:
Mathuvan Union wrote:yeah, but it's effectively reputation

Not really... It only exists because people were sick of complicated mod-imposed restrictions on destroying regions.

in name, it doesn't really matter

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical