NATION

PASSWORD

The Northen Light's Factbooks Are Insecure

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Frimardiess
Civil Servant

Founded: Aug 25, 2020
Ex-Nation

The Northen Light's Factbooks Are Insecure

Postby Frimardiess » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:30 am

Why does everytime i load a one of TNL's factbboks or accounts i get the privacy may be intruded warning?
Last edited by Frimardiess on Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Minoa
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Minoa » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:05 am

I have looked into one of the factbooks, and it looks like the URL of two images in the factbook start with the insecure HTTP instead of the secure HTTPS, which causes the privacy warning.

I asked The Northern Light to see what they can do.
Mme A. d'Oiseau, B.A. (State of Minoa)

Dreadton
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 04, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Dreadton » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:36 am

Have you tried some basic steps before posting here? Like contacting the Delegate of the North Pacific to bring up the issue? It seems like you would have a better chance of getting your perceived issue fixed if you contact the party responsible for it directly.

But from your description, it seems like there is an image or something that is linked via Http and not Https. Thus your security settings are just doing their job to tell you that the connection is not secured.

What web browser are you using?
Last edited by Dreadton on Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Just a Shameless Nobody.

All post are representations of the policy and opinions of the nation of Dreadton and not official TNP policy, unless specifically noted

The Northern Light
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 10, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Northern Light » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:26 pm

This is a consequence of us (The North Pacific admin team) hosting our images on the server of our previous zetaboards forum, which was served over HTTP and not HTTPS.

It's been on our TODO to transfer the images over to the new forum server, but it has not happened yet. We'll try to get it done, especially now that most (?) major browsers have begun to raise privacy warnings over this.

Anyway, as Dreadton said, this is not really something for the Technical forum. In the future, please feel free to either telegram this nation, or The North Pacific WA delegate.
Home of the WADP, Planet Eras, and the Constibillocode!
Join The North Pacific!
Where the democracy is strong, the debate robust, and the rum plentiful!

Forum | Discord Chat | Citizenship | Executive Staff | North Pacific Army | World Assembly Ministry | Roleplay | Trading Cards | Handbook

Return to Technical