NATION

PASSWORD

[Q] Regarding Blank Tables in Different Sizes and Fonts

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
HXVZ-07031017
Attaché

Founded: Jun 24, 2020
Ex-Nation

[Q] Regarding Blank Tables in Different Sizes and Fonts

Postby HXVZ-07031017 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:00 pm

I was trying to make a blank, centered table like you see here (from Kirislavia's leader template)

Code: Select all
[center][table=plain][tr][td][background-block=#CFECEC][b]Personal Details[/b][/background-block][/td][/tr][/table][/center][table=plain][tr][td][b]Born:[/b][/td][td]DATE OF BIRTH (age CURRENT AGE)
CITY, COUNTRY OF BIRTH[/td][/tr]

[tr][td][b]Nationality:[/b][/td][td]NATIONALITY[/td][/tr]

[tr][td][b]Political Party:[/b][/td][td]PARTY[/td][/tr]

[tr][td][b]Spouse(s):[/b][/td][td]NAME(S)[/td][/tr]

[tr][td][b]Children:[/b][/td][td]NAME(S)[/td][/tr]

[tr][td][b]Education:[/b][/td][td]NAME OF UNIVERSITY
[i] - Degree in FIELD STUDIED[/i][/td][/tr]

[tr][td][b]Religion:[/b][/td][td]LEADER'S RELIGION[/td][/tr]

[tr][td][b]Signature:[/b][/td][td][img]URL TO LEADER'S SIGNATURE[/img][/td][/tr][/table]
[/box][/floatright][/center]

So my question is, how do you make this kind of table work inside a box at size 150 in the Nationstates font while keeping each entry on the left in a single line?
It's actually ya boi Guzma SatoSere!
SatoSere's FT alter-ego. Actually a sci-fi worldbuilding project that incorporates a lot of childhood daydreams of mine. Still no cursed Ukraine here.
SLAVA LEHIONU!
NSTATS CRUSHED BY TANKS AND THEN THE PLANET OF NSTATS GOT EXTERMINATUS BY TOVARISHCH STEPHEN KIROV

The Unified Missourtama States
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Unified Missourtama States » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:40 pm

I may be misunderstanding the problem that you're talking about, but that if you mean the extra space, that can be removed by not pressing enter/new-line with the tr, drs.

like this:

Code: Select all
[center][table=plain][tr][td][background-block=#CFECEC][b]Personal Details[/b][/background-block][/td][/tr][/table][/center][table=plain][tr][td][b]Born:[/b][/td][td]DATE OF BIRTH (age CURRENT AGE)CITY, COUNTRY OF BIRTH[/td][/tr][tr][td][b]Nationality:[/b][/td][td]NATIONALITY[/td][/tr][tr][td][b]Political Party:[/b][/td][td]PARTY[/td][/tr][tr][td][b]Spouse(s):[/b][/td][td]NAME(S)[/td][/tr][tr][td][b]Children:[/b][/td][td]NAME(S)[/td][/tr][tr][td][b]Education:[/b][/td][td]NAME OF UNIVERSITY[i] - Degree in FIELD STUDIED[/i][/td][/tr][tr][td][b]Religion:[/b][/td][td]LEADER'S RELIGION[/td][/tr][tr][td][b]Signature:[/b][/td][td][img]URL TO LEADER'S SIGNATURE[/img][/td][/tr][/table]
[/box][/floatright][/center]

instead of every part on a new line.
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.
" (W. B. Yeats)

HXVZ-07031017
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby HXVZ-07031017 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:51 am

Same thing, it can't fit the text in size 150 Nationstates font. It simply doesn't work.
NVM I'm using a different format now
Last edited by HXVZ-07031017 on Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's actually ya boi Guzma SatoSere!
SatoSere's FT alter-ego. Actually a sci-fi worldbuilding project that incorporates a lot of childhood daydreams of mine. Still no cursed Ukraine here.
SLAVA LEHIONU!
NSTATS CRUSHED BY TANKS AND THEN THE PLANET OF NSTATS GOT EXTERMINATUS BY TOVARISHCH STEPHEN KIROV

All Wild Things
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 24, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby All Wild Things » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:54 pm

HXVZ-07031017 wrote:Same thing, it can't fit the text in size 150 Nationstates font. It simply doesn't work.

You need to format each cell individually, which is a pain. So you end up with "align", "color", and "size" tags within every set of "TD" tags.
Browse The NewsStand
Watch the Wild Life

SatoSere
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby SatoSere » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:57 pm

All Wild Things wrote:
HXVZ-07031017 wrote:Same thing, it can't fit the text in size 150 Nationstates font. It simply doesn't work.

You need to format each cell individually, which is a pain. So you end up with "align", "color", and "size" tags within every set of "TD" tags.

I did back then, but it overflowed and made more lines
The Immortal Pristine Revolutionary State of Ukraine
SUMMARY: An autocratic technocratic "utopia" with the best architecture and environment in the world, paid by the freedom of citizens.
What do we have to offer? A magnificent timeless architecture, weather-altering BS machines, a pristine environment, a strong military, and a death toll of 10 million from our concentration camps and bloody wars.
FOR EVERY BAD REPLY, A POLITICAL OPPONENT WILL BE SENT TO CHERNOBYL. 13 sent (don't get offended if you get chernobyl'd 'tis just a joke)

У К Р А Ї Н А Н О М Е Р О Д И Н У С В І Т О В О М У Щ А С Т І | П Р О К Л Я Т А З О Б Р А Ж Е Н Н Я | С Л А В А Л Е Г І О Н У С Е Р Е Н И
Q&A here another acc: HXVZ-07031017

All Wild Things
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 24, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby All Wild Things » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:05 am

SatoSere wrote:
All Wild Things wrote:You need to format each cell individually, which is a pain. So you end up with "align", "color", and "size" tags within every set of "TD" tags.

I did back then, but it overflowed and made more lines

Maybe you missed a closing tag? It gets way confusing when they all start to build up.
Browse The NewsStand
Watch the Wild Life

Return to Technical