NATION

PASSWORD

End Compliance Commission TGs

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Grey County
Envoy

Founded: Jun 08, 2020
Ex-Nation

End Compliance Commission TGs

Postby Grey County » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:44 am

Every Time a resolution passes everyone gets a TG informing of its passing which sounds great until you really think about it. Most people who care about whether it passes know it passes without the TG and the ones who don't care don't need a TG because they don't care. Maybe some people still want then have it be an optional OPT-IN thing where you subscribe to the TG. This isn't the most important thing but it would just be more enjoyable. Also ON the WA page, you can see the result of the last resolution which is just another way for people to find out. So Why do we need the TGS? I don't think we do.
Last edited by Grey County on Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Honeydewistania
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:48 am

I agree. It’s spammy
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Alger wrote:if you have egoquotes in your signature, touch grass

Comfed
Minister

Founded: Apr 09, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Comfed » Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:28 am

You can just delete them.

Honeydewistania
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:29 am

Comfed wrote:You can just delete them.

If you don’t cave in to the Pay 2 Win site supporter badge, one TG gets deleted unless you’re online to intercept it
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Alger wrote:if you have egoquotes in your signature, touch grass

Comfed
Minister

Founded: Apr 09, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Comfed » Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:32 am

Honeydewistania wrote:
Comfed wrote:You can just delete them.

If you don’t cave in to the Pay 2 Win site supporter badge, one TG gets deleted unless you’re online to intercept it

Who is sending you this many telegrams?

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:04 am

Comfed wrote:
Honeydewistania wrote:If you don’t cave in to the Pay 2 Win site supporter badge, one TG gets deleted unless you’re online to intercept it

Who is sending you this many telegrams?

people.
at one point I had 49 in my inbox. logged out, and 29 slipped under the waves...
Behind the free market lies the iron fist of the state - the one thing I learned from The Blaatschapen, excluding how to say sheep in dutch.
Update: apparently it’s bleating sheep.

Grey County
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Grey County » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:41 am

Mathuvan Union wrote:
Comfed wrote:Who is sending you this many telegrams?

people.
at one point I had 49 in my inbox. logged out, and 29 slipped under the waves...

And this is why we need to end Compliance TGs

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:43 am

Grey County wrote:
Mathuvan Union wrote:people.

And this is why we need to end Compliance TGs

Dunno if this is sarcastic or not, but they're bloody annoying.
they honestly make no difference.
Behind the free market lies the iron fist of the state - the one thing I learned from The Blaatschapen, excluding how to say sheep in dutch.

Grey County
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Grey County » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:45 am

Mathuvan Union wrote:
Grey County wrote:And this is why we need to end Compliance TGs

Dunno if this is sarcastic or not, but they're bloody annoying.
they honestly make no difference.

Not Sarcastic I was the one who wrote the initial post

La Paz de Los Ricos
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 26, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby La Paz de Los Ricos » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:49 am

Agreed. Wouldn't it be better to be informed about WA updates through the notices tab, rather than having to prune and manage the telegrams every couple of pages?

Though, maybe there's some kind of code reason I don't know about that prevents that.
The Treangolist Revival of La Paz de Los Ricos
I survived the April 2024 NS outage! Also on a t-shirt! | Reworking national information. | The Navaluege Language (WIP)
CURRENT PROJECT . . .
The Tale These Islands Tell [PRIVATE|CLOSED] — [Chapter II - 02 April 2024]
A curmudgeonly Canadian reluctantly aids an aging Ricano legend in reviving the nation's history.

Grey County
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Grey County » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:54 am

La Paz de Los Ricos wrote:Agreed. Wouldn't it be better to be informed about WA updates through the notices tab, rather than having to prune and manage the telegrams every couple of pages?

Though, maybe there's some kind of code reason I don't know about that prevents that.

notices instead of tgs would work but ya code could be a problem

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:55 am

Grey County wrote:
La Paz de Los Ricos wrote:Agreed. Wouldn't it be better to be informed about WA updates through the notices tab, rather than having to prune and manage the telegrams every couple of pages?

notices instead of tgs would work but ya code could be a problem

like a notice saying that the resolution 'end the WA' passed or something.

Celestiam
Secretary

Founded: Dec 16, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Celestiam » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:56 am

At least give us an option to block them, like most other telegrams.

Grey County
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Grey County » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:58 am

Celestiam wrote:At least give us an option to block them, like most other telegrams.

Ya even that would help

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:59 am

Grey County wrote:
Celestiam wrote:At least give us an option to block them, like most other telegrams.

Ya even that would help

or just block game telegrams overall, as a new category in the blocking thing.
minus VOMs

Awesomeland012345
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Awesomeland012345 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:01 am

Why would they go into so much work re-doing this when you can just delete the TG? It's only one per resolution, and it's not like you get spammed. Even if you stop playing for a month, you'll only get around 10 or so.
☆ All hail the Holy Awesomeness of Awesomeland012345! ☆ Cheddar

The founder and delegate of Cheddar Dispatches alllll haiillll the tunaaaa Become a dual citizen today! Join Cheddar! :) pls pls pls Take a poll! shh... secret easter eggs!

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:03 am

Awesomeland012345 wrote:Why would they go into so much work re-doing this when you can just delete the TG? It's only one per resolution, and it's not like you get spammed. Even if you stop playing for a month, you'll only get around 10 or so.

it's annoying though. I don't see a need to send out compliance ministry telegrams to note you of a resolution passing.]
go to the WA page to vote for the next one and it'll tell the results of the previous one below it

Awesomeland012345
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Awesomeland012345 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:05 am

Mathuvan Union wrote:
Awesomeland012345 wrote:Why would they go into so much work re-doing this when you can just delete the TG? It's only one per resolution, and it's not like you get spammed. Even if you stop playing for a month, you'll only get around 10 or so.

it's annoying though. I don't see a need to send out compliance ministry telegrams to note you of a resolution passing.]
go to the WA page to vote for the next one and it'll tell the results of the previous one below it

So because it takes you at most 10 seconds to see it and delete it, the admins should spend a few hours making another feature? (unless it's easy for the admins to make this option. I'm assuming not though.)
☆ All hail the Holy Awesomeness of Awesomeland012345! ☆ Cheddar

The founder and delegate of Cheddar Dispatches alllll haiillll the tunaaaa Become a dual citizen today! Join Cheddar! :) pls pls pls Take a poll! shh... secret easter eggs!

-Astoria-
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 27, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby -Astoria- » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:10 am

Agreed; massively.
                                                      Republic of Astoria | Pobolieth Asdair                                                      
Bedhent cewsel ein gweisiau | Our deeds shall speak
IC: FactbooksLocationEmbassiesFAQIntegrity | OOC: CCL's VP • 9th in NSFB#110/10: DGES
 ⌜✉⌟ TV1 News | 2023-04-11  ▶ ⬤──────── (LIVE) |  Headlines  Winter out; spring in for public parks • Environment ministry announces A₤300m in renewables subsidies • "Not enough," say unions on A₤24m planned Govt cost-of-living salary supplement |  Weather  Liskerry ⛅ 13° • Altas ⛅ 10° • Esterpine ☀ 11° • Naltgybal ☁ 14° • Ceirtryn ⛅ 19° • Bynscel ☀ 11° • Lyteel ☔ 9° |  Traffic  ROADWORKS: WRE expwy towards Port Trelyn closed; use Routes P294 northbound; P83 southbound 

Land Without Shrimp
Envoy

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Land Without Shrimp » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:14 am

Definitely think this should be an option on the TG settings page.

Minoa
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Minoa » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:28 am

If I recall correctly, the technical team do not plan to end compliance notifications, but I think it is possible to move it to the notices system, and I support the move, since most of the compliance telegrams do get discarded anyway.
Mme A. d'Oiseau, B.A. (State of Minoa)

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:29 am

Minoa wrote:If I recall correctly, the technical team do not plan to end compliance notifications, but I think it is possible to move it to the notices system, and I support the move, since most of the compliance telegrams do get discarded anyway.

it's a waste of time.

Grey County
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Grey County » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:34 am

Minoa wrote:If I recall correctly, the technical team do not plan to end compliance notifications, but I think it is possible to move it to the notices system, and I support the move, since most of the compliance telegrams do get discarded anyway.

notices would be better then TGs

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:35 am

Grey County wrote:

considering you already get notified by the telegram it shouldn't be hard...

La Paz de Los Ricos
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 26, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby La Paz de Los Ricos » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:40 am

Grey County wrote:

Agreed. Telegrams should be for users only, in my opinion. Everything game-related should be notices.

Like I said before, I'm not certain if there's a code reason not to make WA updates come through notices rather than TGs, but if there isn't, then I second this.
The Treangolist Revival of La Paz de Los Ricos
I survived the April 2024 NS outage! Also on a t-shirt! | Reworking national information. | The Navaluege Language (WIP)
CURRENT PROJECT . . .
The Tale These Islands Tell [PRIVATE|CLOSED] — [Chapter II - 02 April 2024]
A curmudgeonly Canadian reluctantly aids an aging Ricano legend in reviving the nation's history.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical