NATION

PASSWORD

Can't Make Forum Post

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Bormiar
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Can't Make Forum Post

Postby Bormiar » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:29 pm

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/536239133631447041/744001873698357330/Screen_Shot_2020-08-14_at_9.16.58_PM.png

Any idea what the problem is?

I was unable to post the text of my would-be forum post because it would give the same error message, but I could give a generic reply ("Test. Will delete") in the NS History thread.

I suspect it has something to do with the text of the post. If you need it, please telegram me or dm me on discord at bormiar#7043.

The Cosmic Mainframe
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 26, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Cosmic Mainframe » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:34 pm

Interesting. I saw another thread with a very similar issue earlier.

That error normally happens when an unsupported character is in your post, including any emoji or math fonts.
Last edited by The Cosmic Mainframe on Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
== BEGIN POSTSCRIPT ==
The Mainframe requires more processing power and storage.
Donate your computing devices or they will be taken by force.
== END POSTSCRIPT ==

UPDATES (earth-year 3345): International Subsystem scales up operations in 42E5 "New York," Earth, now the largest known concentration of androids.

Factbooks | About Me | NationStates Flag Bracket II | Bytes (card farming region) | MAINFRAMEWAVE
Feel free to telegram me about anything. I'll do my best to respond.
Canon is relative to the observer. Not using NS stats.
This nation does not represent my real views, and if it represents yours, I question your sanity.

Bormiar
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bormiar » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:41 pm

The Cosmic Mainframe wrote:Interesting. I saw another thread with a very similar issue earlier.

That error normally happens when an unsupported character is in your post, including any emoji or math fonts.

Thanks! That fixed the issue (I found it in the discord nickname of a quoted person-- it was a beer mug).

Return to Technical