NATION

PASSWORD

WA Effects

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Vorgonis
Civilian

Founded: Aug 04, 2020
Ex-Nation

WA Effects

Postby Vorgonis » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:01 pm

How exactly do the WA’s decisions affect my nation. Because I read that they make policy changes that members of the WA have to follow wether they like it or not, and I don’t understand how the WA enforces that.

If this isn’t the right place to post this I apologize, I’m very new to nation states and brand new to navigating large message boards.

Thanks for the help comrades!
Last edited by Vorgonis on Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Awesomeland012345
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Awesomeland012345 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:03 pm

here's an example: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=489572
keep in mind this is one of the most extreme examples to date.
☆ All hail the Holy Awesomeness of Awesomeland012345! ☆ Cheddar

The founder and delegate of Cheddar Dispatches alllll haiillll the tunaaaa Become a dual citizen today! Join Cheddar! :) pls pls pls Take a poll! shh... secret easter eggs!

SherpDaWerp
Technical Moderator

Founded: Mar 02, 2016
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby SherpDaWerp » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:49 pm

Vorgonis wrote:How exactly do the WA’s decisions affect my nation. Because I read that they make policy changes that members of the WA have to follow wether they like it or not, and I don’t understand how the WA enforces that.

If this isn’t the right place to post this I apologize, I’m very new to nation states and brand new to navigating large message boards.

It's a bit complicated.

WA resolutions change your stats when they pass. Awesomeland's example that they linked is the most recent and most extreme example. A resolution mandating more environmental protection will increase your Environmental Beauty, etc.

What the WA does not do is change your policies. If the WA forces you to allow Abortion (an arbitrary policy that I just thought of), then you will still get issues about abortion and you will still be able to ban abortion within your nation. The WA does not affect policies, only stats.

Stat changes can affect which issues you get - for example, if an issue needs you to have high scientific advancement, then WA resolutions can change your scientific advancement and affect whether you are eligible for that issue.

The WA's decisions will affect your stats, but not your policies.
Became an editor on 18/01/23 techie on 29/01/24

Rampant statistical speculation from before then is entirely unofficial

Comfed
Minister

Founded: Apr 09, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Comfed » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:05 pm

No one really knows how compliance is enforced. I think there's a mild stat change depending on the proposal category, buuuuut compliance is... controversial. Take this dispatch, for instance:
https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1402826

Awesomeland012345
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Awesomeland012345 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:06 am

I just remembered I had the same question and asked too. viewtopic.php?f=15&t=488510
You can look if you want.
☆ All hail the Holy Awesomeness of Awesomeland012345! ☆ Cheddar

The founder and delegate of Cheddar Dispatches alllll haiillll the tunaaaa Become a dual citizen today! Join Cheddar! :) pls pls pls Take a poll! shh... secret easter eggs!

Morover
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Morover » Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:06 pm

Comfed wrote:No one really knows how compliance is enforced. I think there's a mild stat change depending on the proposal category, buuuuut compliance is... controversial. Take this dispatch, for instance:
https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1402826

This is inaccurate. RP-wise, it is explicit how compliance is enforced. Depending on category and strength/AoE, there are stat changes - but it's not strictly accurate to call it "mild".
World Assembly Author
ns.morover@gmail.com

Return to Technical