NATION

PASSWORD

Possible bot/raiders?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
The New America Union State
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 06, 2018
Corporate Police State

Possible bot/raiders?

Postby The New America Union State » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:28 pm

I had left the region I founded to check out another region related to an RP discord server I was in, but noticed that two random people had joined my original region when looking back at it a few days after I left. One nation endorsed the other for the WA, then that nation somehow became the WA Delegate (is that because they had the most endorsements? I thought someone had to be appointed to that position). They promoted themselves, and tried to demote me, but it didn't work from what I can tell as I gave myself permanent executive authority when I made the region, and still had the founder position. So I decided to rejoin the region (as I had never planned to stay away for more than a few days) and noticed they had left the WA and just had a custom officer role. I demoted him, and put a password on the region. I'm just curious about what they could have been trying to do. Their synchronized movements make me think it's one person with two accounts, possibly trying to take over regions? What are your thoughts? Should/can I report the two accounts?

For reference;
My region:
The World Authority
The two nations involved:
Guy 118
Possessive Pigeon

Omniabstracta
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 24, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Omniabstracta » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:14 pm

What you experienced was an ordinary tag raid, you can read more about R/D here. In short, yes, the WA delegate is determined by who has the most endorsements, and the goal here is simply to promote their raiding organization by “tagging” your region (putting an ad on your world factbook entry).

It’s a common occurrence and not against the rules, and as you say you’re an executive founder so such raids are harmless (and you can stop them by stripping the delegate position of executive authority or putting a password on your region).
Last edited by Omniabstracta on Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"It was golden, purple, violet, gray and blue. It lighted every peak, crevasse and ridge of the nearby mountain range with a clarity and beauty that cannot be described but must be seen to be imagined. It was that beauty that the great poets dream about but describe most poorly and inadequately..."

The New America Union State
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 06, 2018
Corporate Police State

Postby The New America Union State » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:28 pm

Omniabstracta wrote:What you experienced was an ordinary tag raid, you can read more about R/D here. In short, yes, the WA delegate is determined by who has the most endorsements, and the goal here is simply to promote their raiding organization by “tagging” your region (putting an ad on your world factbook entry).

It’s a common occurrence and not against the rules, and as you say you’re an executive founder so such raids are harmless (and you can stop them by stripping the delegate position of executive authority or putting a password on your region).

Ah ok, thanks for the explanation.

Return to Technical