NATION

PASSWORD

New Nations being concentrated at Selected Regions

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.

Do you think it will be a good idea to let nations be founded in different regions randomly ?

Yes
14%
No
83%
I don't care
3%

Total votes : 35

Doctor APJ Abdul Kalam
Civilian

Founded: Jul 09, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

New Nations being concentrated at Selected Regions

Postby Doctor APJ Abdul Kalam » Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:30 am

I want to raise a question that why all the new nations are being concentrated in only a few selected regions !
Provisions should be made so that New Nations Are randomly founded in other regions !
It will give a chance for those regions to grow as well as Neutralize the monopoly of those few regions !
Last edited by Doctor APJ Abdul Kalam on Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

La xinga
Minister

Founded: Jul 12, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby La xinga » Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:32 am

Feeders are meant to be neutral ground. Imagine if a right-wing nation got founded in a commie region. it would mess up the system.
Last edited by La xinga on Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
He created everything, and he was forever and will always be. He is perfect and his word is always true. He will never change his word, and YOU would not be reading this signature if it was not for the Almighty to allow your eyes to see!
Radical religious person. Nothing collided with nothing, the Almighty did everything, and the world is 5780 years old. It's true. Deal with it.
No, please don't argue! I'm innocent!

Yes, we may too, may all of us be innocent.

Unless you're not...

WAMP WAMP!
If you support capitalism, put this in your signature.
Hi, The east pacific!
GLORIOUS AMERICANIUM IMPERIUM!
Creationist, pro-life, straight.
ALL LIVES MATTER!

And Marrabuk said to Lerasi...........

Gig em Aggies
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 15, 2009
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:34 am

Doctor APJ Abdul Kalam wrote:I want to raise a question that why all the new nations are being concentrated in only a few selected regions !
Provisions should be made so that New Nations Are randomly founded in other regions !
It will give a chance for those regions to grow as well as Neutralize the monopoly of those few regions !

well i can tell your new so let me fill you in those few regions are called Feeders and when you found your nation it gets put into one of those feeders. If you dont like it there anymore just move regions or found your own region. The moderation team made the region system this way and it will stay this way unless they decide to change it. Plus your not the first person to ask about the feeder regions being to "powerful" to just simply put it "It is what it is"
“One of the serious problems of planning against Aggie doctrine is that the Aggies do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligations to follow their doctrine.”
“The reason that the Aggies does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the Aggies practices chaos on a daily basis.”
“If we don’t know what we are doing, the enemy certainly can’t anticipate our future actions!”

Free Indian States
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 10, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Free Indian States » Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:37 am

I don't think that's a very good idea. That can cause a nation to spawn in a region, which, let's say, doesn't want to recruit random new people.
The Confederacy of Free Indian States is set in an alternate timeline in which India doesn't get colonised. The Confederacy was formed in 1992 to prevent future war in the subcontinent.

Alt of Greater Konkan, which is my WA nation, in a region with some friends who introduced me to Nationstates. Free Indian States is me world building.
This nation mostly represents my irl views. NS stats to be counted.

Gandoor
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 23, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gandoor » Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:57 am

Even putting aside the notions of neutrality and ideology in regards to region spawning, do you think the regular non-feeder regions would appreciate if random new accounts start spawning in their regions?

I certainly wouldn't want random nobodies to just show up in my region for one.
OOC - Call me Viola
IC Flag|Gandoor Wiki|Q&A|National Currency Database
Reminder that true left-wing politics are incompatible with authoritarianism, totalitarianism, and dictatorship in all forms.
Flag is currently Hades Wise Goddess Sphinx from Mahou Sentai Magiranger.
I'm female.
OOC Info
Twitter: @Sailor_Viola
Steam: Princess Viola
TGs are welcome

Dolgo
Attaché

Founded: May 05, 2020
Father Knows Best State

Postby Dolgo » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:32 pm

I think the feeder system should be abolished in favour of requiring the user to choose a (or create their own) starting region on their nation's creation. The existing regions that are used as feeder nations can stay, but they should no longer receive random immigrants. For as long as feeder regions exist, other regions cannot hope to possibly compete and are at a perpetual unfair technical disadvantage.

Shazbotdom
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:17 pm

Dolgo wrote:I think the feeder system should be abolished in favour of requiring the user to choose a (or create their own) starting region on their nation's creation. The existing regions that are used as feeder nations can stay, but they should no longer receive random immigrants. For as long as feeder regions exist, other regions cannot hope to possibly compete and are at a perpetual unfair technical disadvantage.

Never gonna happen. That would defeat the purpose of those Player-Created Regions wanting to keep their regions small (if they so wish) or to be invite-only so that they can judge new members by merit.
Jorgensen/Cohen 2020
Darth Bane/Darth Vader 2020 -- Together, we can Rule the Galaxy!

The Shazbotdom Empire || ShazWeb || IIWiki || Embassies v6.0 || Discord: YourDaddyShaz#0741
ShazAir || Shaz City International Airport || Shazbotdom News Corporation (News Thread)
Shazbert Bot's Gaming Adventures || PolyComp: E: -0.52 | S: -3.33 || WSPT: E: 100% | P: 100%

La xinga
Minister

Founded: Jul 12, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby La xinga » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:47 am

Shazbotdom wrote:
Dolgo wrote:I think the feeder system should be abolished in favour of requiring the user to choose a (or create their own) starting region on their nation's creation. The existing regions that are used as feeder nations can stay, but they should no longer receive random immigrants. For as long as feeder regions exist, other regions cannot hope to possibly compete and are at a perpetual unfair technical disadvantage.

Never gonna happen. That would defeat the purpose of those Player-Created Regions wanting to keep their regions small (if they so wish) or to be invite-only so that they can judge new members by merit.

There could be a way to make your region invite-only and not allow newer nations to come in, i.e. password.
He created everything, and he was forever and will always be. He is perfect and his word is always true. He will never change his word, and YOU would not be reading this signature if it was not for the Almighty to allow your eyes to see!
Radical religious person. Nothing collided with nothing, the Almighty did everything, and the world is 5780 years old. It's true. Deal with it.
No, please don't argue! I'm innocent!

Yes, we may too, may all of us be innocent.

Unless you're not...

WAMP WAMP!
If you support capitalism, put this in your signature.
Hi, The east pacific!
GLORIOUS AMERICANIUM IMPERIUM!
Creationist, pro-life, straight.
ALL LIVES MATTER!

And Marrabuk said to Lerasi...........

Comfed
Attaché

Founded: Apr 09, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Comfed » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:07 pm

The point of the feeders is to have a place for new nations to emerge, learn about the game.

Now, they’ve certainly evolved beyond that, but it would mess up the game to place that burden on all the regions.
This signature space available for lease.

Dolgo
Attaché

Father Knows Best State

Postby Dolgo » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:37 pm

Comfed wrote:The point of the feeders is to have a place for new nations to emerge, learn about the game.

Now, they’ve certainly evolved beyond that, but it would mess up the game to place that burden on all the regions.

Better yet, just make being in a region optional. Then new nations wouldn't burden anybody unless they choose to.

Shazbotdom
Powerbroker

Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:41 pm

Dolgo wrote:
Comfed wrote:The point of the feeders is to have a place for new nations to emerge, learn about the game.

Better yet, just make being in a region optional. Then new nations wouldn't burden anybody unless they choose to.

A Nation MUST be in a Region at its founding, that's how the game is coded. It would take a major rewrite of the entire code of the game to change that, and I doubt that the Game Admins will do that.
Jorgensen/Cohen 2020

The Shazbotdom Empire || ShazWeb || IIWiki || Embassies v6.0 || Discord: YourDaddyShaz#0741
ShazAir || Shaz City International Airport || Shazbotdom News Corporation (News Thread)
Shazbert Bot's Gaming Adventures || PolyComp: E: -0.52 | S: -3.33 || WSPT: E: 100% | P: 100%

Santa Selena
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 07, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Santa Selena » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:44 pm

That should and will probably never happen, I can already imagine the lag of 100k+ regions
Quote of the Week
" In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." -Abraham Lincoln
NEWS:SANDRE MAINT SENDS CONDOLENCES TO ALASTAIR'S FAMILY. FLORIDA TOURIST THROWS SNAKE AT DOG ABUSER. AN F4 TORNADO PUMMELED THROUGH MANSURVIA, KILLING 1500 MEN, COSTS ARE AROUND 20 MILLION. 5G TOWERS BURNED FOR "CAUSING COVID-19".
COVID-19 NEWS: TOTAL CASES: 82,012 |ACTIVE CASES: 568 |SERIOUS CASES: 23 |RECOVERED: 71,883|DEATHS: 1,638.

We use Nstats. Factbooks

Dolgo
Attaché

Father Knows Best State

Postby Dolgo » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:48 pm

Santa Selena wrote:

That should and will probably never happen, I can already imagine the lag of 100k+ regions

Just exclude the pseudo-regions from being calculated and hide any reference to them?

Shazbotdom
Powerbroker

Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:03 pm

Dolgo wrote:
Santa Selena wrote:That should and will probably never happen, I can already imagine the lag of 100k+ regions

Just exclude the pseudo-regions from being calculated and hide any reference to them?

It's already an idea that has been shot down by the majority of the players here. So I am not sure why a small handful of y'all keep pushing for it.
Jorgensen/Cohen 2020

Dolgo
Attaché

Father Knows Best State

Postby Dolgo » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:07 pm

Shazbotdom wrote:
Dolgo wrote:

It's already an idea that has been shot down by the majority of the players here. So I am not sure why a small handful of y'all keep pushing for it.

Not sure what that claim has to do with me. This is the first thread I've commented on about this particular suggestion.

Free Republic of Hong Kong
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 26, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Postby Free Republic of Hong Kong » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:27 am

There ate many regions that are not wanted for any players, spawning in this region will made the player voring and CTE'd
Types of region that are boring
1. Jump point for R&Ds ( Birb,Devide by Zero,others)
2. Interest regions (based on RP things like anime,movies,TV shows,xomics and many more)
3. Inactive regions
HKTV News = An terrorist affliated with Tupeia bombs National Tower killing 154 people and 677 injured NTV News = Communist Alliance leader Kwok Wan sentenced to exile due to treason, SBC News = First free and fair elections held in Sichuan, estimates Zhao Waofang from SDP will win

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical