NATION

PASSWORD

A New(-ish) form of WA Resolution - Repeal and Replace

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.

Should this new form of Resolution be enacted?

Yes.
60%
No.
40%
Other (please specify).
No votes

Total votes : 5

Ankoz
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 12, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

A New(-ish) form of WA Resolution - Repeal and Replace

Postby Ankoz » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:32 pm

What does Repeal and Replace Mean?

My plan is to create a new and more efficient form of legislation, "Repeal and Replace", I believe it to be both inefficient and unethical to simply use the "repeal GAR: [x]" function, as the main use of said function is to formulate a better Resolution, which both rarely seems to happen. This also removes the safeguards, allowing more unethical nations to cause long-lasting damage to people, the nation, and the world itself, and as such I propose this.

What does Repeal and Replace do?

This new form of resolution formatting will allow resolutions to be simultaneously be repealed while enacting new, higher quality legislation to be voted upon. As I stated before new resolutions are often not enacted to replace the old ones, which means that what protections did exist are stripped away with no replacement, and I want to change this - as should you. By simultaneously repealing and replacing it allows the nations of this General Assembly to cut down on red tape and improve the lives of citizens internationally.

Honeydewistania
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:57 pm

No thanks, too much work for something that works adequately in the first place.
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Alger wrote:if you have egoquotes in your signature, touch grass

Ankoz
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 12, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ankoz » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:31 am

Frisbeeteria wrote:Not a new idea, actually. We wanted to make it happen, but it just couldn't be coded in the spirit of the game.

I had not seen that, thanks for the info.

Return to Technical